The Positives

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Re: The Positives

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:35pm We were still in the hunt for finals until today. We need to start repositioning ourselves for 2020 now with an eye on getting players developed for next year. It's what's best for the club.
You wouldn’t know how to <edit by mods> let alone know what’s ‘best’ for the club.

Again. Give us all a spell.

<already received ban for commenting negatively on a poster>

takeaway
Club Player

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:37pm For me,it was the last time I go to see a Richardson coached St.Kilda.
So you saw it as poor coaching today, or was that your intention anyway?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:50pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:35pm We were still in the hunt for finals until today. We need to start repositioning ourselves for 2020 now with an eye on getting players developed for next year. It's what's best for the club.
You wouldn’t know how to wipe your bum let alone know what’s ‘best’ for the club.

Pretty sure you might be having a spell.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Richo's message to fans was rather upbeat, talked of many positives
at least we werent as bad a last week

it truly is groundhog day

ss1986
Club Player

HardSaint wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 7:05pm Richo's message to fans was rather upbeat, talked of many positives

I get a good laugh out of it these days. Just hilarious hearing him try to justify our performance/his coaching.

“We had to go around them a bit today.... I know it was probably frustrating for you all.... but it gave us a chance to win the game”..... 🤣🤣🤣🤣 WTF is he on about??

takeaway
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 7:26pm
HardSaint wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 7:05pm Richo's message to fans was rather upbeat, talked of many positives

I get a good laugh out of it these days. Just hilarious hearing him try to justify our performance/his coaching.

“We had to go around them a bit today.... I know it was probably frustrating for you all.... but it gave us a chance to win the game”..... 🤣🤣🤣🤣 WTF is he on about??
Don't worry, you'll understand one day ......... or maybe not.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:58pm
Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:37pm For me,it was the last time I go to see a Richardson coached St.Kilda.
9-10 goal turnaround in 2 and a half quarters of footy

I would consider that poor coaching

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saint6709
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:54pm
bigcarl wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:48pm Clark and Coffield impressed in the roles they played today. Also thought Long showed a bit more than he has been
Yep. Hopefully Coffield takes a lot of confidence out of that and keeps his spot for the remainder of the season. If he can do that it will be hugely beneficial to him and the team.

RoMo....how could we leave him out of the positives. I think we may have an A grade ruckman on our hands. He's well ahead of the curve.
Agree with all of the above - Long was absolutely on fire in the first qtr - if he can just stay in the game longer he will be awesome - but those young blokes mentioned above give some real hope for the future

Acres is the same is on fire for spells but can go missing

time for a new coach now though - Richo has been unlucky with injuries but he has to go.

Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

Can't kick more than 10 goals a game. Poor game plan, poor drilling and the same mistakes over the last 3 years.
Plus playing Bruce as 2nd ruck for on 4 years and it still doesn't work.
I don't know, but I think the coach has a bit to do with that.
Nothing ever gets addressed.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
takeaway
Club Player

Devilhead wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 7:35pm
takeaway wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:58pm
9-10 goal turnaround in 2 and a half quarters of footy

I would consider that poor coaching
So........... nothing to do with the players? Limited experience and class in close games compared to Tigers? Missed goal opportunities? In that case GF coach Nathan Buckley is a poor coach, yet he put a lot of blame on the players. Tut tut.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Clark, Coffield and Long all looked good, Carlisle’s first half, Bruce kicked 3 and clunked a few, accurate goal kicking in the first half.

Negatives... gameplan to move the ball down the ground is non-existent, bombing forward to no one, midfield turnovers, especially Ross and Hannerbry, goal kicking in second half.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

The Tigers really flooded their half after qtr time in fairness to the Saints going forward. It was like the Berlin Wall. We often had the ball around the HB line and Lynch was the last line and he was in the centre circle. It's hard to kick goals against that.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
avid
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:32pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:28pm I think we have an eye on getting our best kids and younger players ready for 2020.

Clark. Coffield. Long. Marshall. Battle. They all come to mind.

Forget finals now. It's not important.
Not important...
You imbecile. Week after week you crap on about bouncing back, winnable games, etc, etc.
Now it’s turned to finals not being important.

Give us all a spell.

<1 day ban for commenting negatively on a poster >
Thank God for that.
At the moment it's only in the "Positives" threads that you can have a civil and respectful conversation.
I'm deeply disappointed in this year -- but it's better than last year.
There are signs that next year is going to be better than this year.
Like that we played with real spirit and heart at times today. (not all day, obviously.) and we played with some real organisation and fluency at times too. A fair bit of it was fun, and stirring, to watch.
There were positives -- like that we saw Hunter Clark play his best game for the Saints so far. Like we saw Coffield show something solid, after a long and doubt-inducing absence. Like we saw Long show us more than just a handful of highlights.
Marshall, Acres, Battle and Hind each gave us cause for optimism.
If Richardson has turned out not to be our saviour coach, I feel sad for him, and us, and thankful for his efforts. He is clearly an intelligent, sincere and decent man.
The disrespect and hatred that gets flung at him on most of the other ss threads is, to me, unworthy of the club and the all the people who are working hard for it and all the supporters who really do love our footy team.
In the end, surely none of us are in it for the negatives.
Last edited by avid on Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:23pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Yes, Hardwick is a good coach.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

avid wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:18pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:28pm I think we have an eye on getting our best kids and younger players ready for 2020.

Not important...
You imbecile. Week after week you crap on about bouncing back, winnable games, etc, etc.

Give us all a spell.

Thank God for that.
At the moment it's only in the "Positives" threads that you can have a civil and respectful conversation.
Like that we played with real spirit and heart at times today. (not all day, obviously.) and we played with some real organisation and fluency at times too. A fair bit of it was fun, and stirring, to watch.
There were positives -- like that we saw Hunter Clark play his best game for the Saints so far. Like we saw Coffield show something solid, after a long and doubt-inducing absence. Like we saw Long show us more than just a handful of highlights.
If Richardson has turned out not to be our saviour coach, I feel sad for him, and us, and thankful for his efforts. He is clearly an intelligent, sincere and decent man.
The disrespect and hatred that gets flung at him on most of the other ss threads is, to me, unworthy of the club and the all the people who are working hard for it and all the supporters who really do love our footy team.
Great post.

Total = 1.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:12pm The Tigers really flooded their half after qtr time in fairness to the Saints going forward. It was like the Berlin Wall. We often had the ball around the HB line and Lynch was the last line and he was in the centre circle. It's hard to kick goals against that.
They were able to flood our back half because we moved the ball too slow Ted - that was Richos game plan he said it so himself to slow down in order to negate their manic chaos ball pressure game

Hardwick didn't even need to outcoach him as he outcoached himself

Wake up Teddyboy - Cho has no ideo!!!

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 7:00pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:50pm
You wouldn’t know how to wipe your bum let alone know what’s ‘best’ for the club.

Pretty sure you might be having a spell.

I remember in year 3 there was a guy named Theodore, he would crack the sads when others called him a doo doo head and quickly tattled.... then the teacher would gently pat him on the poo poo, until he stopped sobbing....I wonder where he is now?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Did he honestly say that? I haven’t seen it.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Not important...

Give us all a spell.

Thank God for that.
Thanks for your post Avid. Nicely put.
I do think though that’s it’s absolutely valid for people to express their frustration with the current situation and to express their frustration with Richardson. I don’t think you’ll find anyone on here who questions his decency as a man and his genuine intention to build a successful team. I think most everyone on here can see he’s a nice bloke and that he’s giving his best.
But clearly it’s not enough to deliver what we need....
And when the same patterns and the same excuses are repeated week after week, season after season, I think its perfectly valid for people who love and support the club and want to be part of success to be frustrated and pissed off and to express that.
It’s gone beyond a joke now. It’s embarrassing. What you’re witnessing in the criticism of Richardson I think is the depth of desire that people have for us to actually be a bloody contender and the deep frustration held with the whole admin of the club, of whom Richardson is the figurehead and clearest target coz he’s ultimately accountable for on field performance.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

You said till today.

So a logical person would then say that the loss today was important. But not Ted. Losing is now evidently what is best for the club. Till you change your mind yet again.

Come on Ted, fess up you just post to gain reactions.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ss1986
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 9:18pm

Did he honestly say that? I haven’t seen it.
“The players really embraced the plan to play kick and catch to go around them. Im sure that probably frustrated you all at times, but it kept us in the game”

ss1986
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 9:29pm

Not important...

Give us all a spell.

Thank God for that.
I do think though that’s it’s absolutely valid for people to express their frustration with the current situation and to express their frustration with Richardson. I don’t think you’ll find anyone on here who questions his decency as a man and his genuine intention to build a successful team. I think most everyone on here can see he’s a nice bloke and that he’s giving his best.
And when the same patterns and the same excuses are repeated week after week, season after season, I think its perfectly valid for people who love and support the club and want to be part of success to be frustrated and pissed off and to express that.
It’s gone beyond a joke now. It’s embarrassing. What you’re witnessing in the criticism of Richardson I think is the depth of desire that people have for us to actually be a bloody contender and the deep frustration held with the whole admin of the club, of whom Richardson is the figurehead and clearest target coz he’s ultimately accountable for on field performance.
So well put SB.

I genuinely do like Richo the guy that we see.

I genuinely dislike Richo the coach of our football club.

takeaway
Club Player

Devilhead wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:49pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:12pm The Tigers really flooded their half after qtr time in fairness to the Saints going forward. It was like the Berlin Wall. We often had the ball around the HB line and Lynch was the last line and he was in the centre circle. It's hard to kick goals against that.
They were able to flood our back half because we moved the ball too slow Ted - that was Richos game plan he said it so himself to slow down in order to negate their manic chaos ball pressure game

Not how I see it. After half time, to help slow us down, Tigers changed their plan to a tighter zone, so we had the choice to bomb it long, which a lot on here love, or chip it around to keep possession and try for an opening. Still in it at 3 quarter time despite bad kicking, probably would not have been with the bomb, which the Tigers love.

Wake up Devilo!!

Crossy66
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 9:29pm

Not important...

Give us all a spell.

Thank God for that.
Good post from Avid. Nothing excuses some of the extreme posts on here. Ultimately, what will be will be and we'll likely have a new coach in 2020.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 9:59pm
Devilhead wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:49pm

Not how I see it. After half time, to help slow us down, Tigers changed their plan to a tighter zone, so we had the choice to bomb it long, which a lot on here love, or chip it around to keep possession and try for an opening. Still in it at 3 quarter time despite bad kicking, probably would not have been with the bomb, which the Tigers love.

Wake up Devilo!!
We didn't look for an opening we chipped it round then bombed it long - we for sure didn't take the game on and we were only in the game as we wasted so much time chipping it around it gave the Tigers less time to kick goals once we eventually turned it over anyway

9 goal turnaround in 2 and half quarters

That's called being outtcoached and having no idea how to stop the rrot once it sets in