Sandy Vs Tigers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Loxton
Club Player

Sandy Vs Tigers

Sandy lost 53 to 68
Anyone here attend? Interested in any player info. Highlights, etc.
How does Jack Mayo look at that level?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandy Vs Tigers

From afl.com

"State league affiliate: Sandringham (VFL)
This weekend: Sandringham v Richmond - Saturday, June 29, 2.10pm, Wilson Storage Trevor Barker Beach Oval

Defender Jack Newnes responded to his omission after 123 consecutive AFL games with 21 disposals and a behind in Sandringham's 15-point loss to Richmond on Saturday.

Veteran defender Nathan Brown had 18 disposals and took seven marks, while Jack Mayo kicked 1.1.

Defender Jonathon Marsh finished with 14 disposals and four tackles.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Bad conditions were on hand. Newnes and Brown very good.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sandringham FC @sandyzebs
More from afl.com
FT

Despite winning the second half, the Tigers hold on to win by 15 points.

Goals: Fox 3, Haidon, Langlands, Mayo & Owens.
Disposals: Seccull 23, Newnes 21, Brown 18, Tahana 17 & Fox

L.A. Saint
Club Player

I was there. It was bloody windy and got so dark in the 3rd and last quarter it was hard to see over the other side of the ground.
I got there just after the start and we were already 5 goals down.
We beat them from there on and looked pretty good considering the team that played.
As far as the Saints players goes...
Rice - looked good off half back. kicked well, was hard at it and ran his backside off. Might be worth another chance in the seniors sometime before the end of the year.
Brown - is so much better than VFL level. Should be playing AFL, but I can see they want to get games into Carlisle. No matchup for him other than Lynch and Carlisle had his measure until he tired. Will be back when the right matchup is there.
Newnes - was fine. Nothing spectacular. Did what he should at that level and on a day like that.
Mayo - took a great pack mark in the 3rd. Should have kicked one in the last to bring us within a kick but just missed. Looks like he could be a Membrey type with a pre-season or 2. Doesn't get it enough, but looks likely when he leads and can jump and mark.
Langlands - honestly didn't recognize him (I live in LA and never get to see the kids play, but seeing as I am in town thought I would get down to watch) so I cant comment on him, unfortunately.
Rowe - battled hard in the ruck, worked hard when the ball hit the ground. Could do worse for a back up for Marshall. Will be better than Acres or Bruce.
White - nothing special this week - serviceable would be the term. Did some good things, then faded. Should be given another senior opportunity soon. Can run, kick and is tough.
Joyce - is a real leader on the field. Had plenty to say at 3qtr time too. If we could turn him into a big mid, I think he could do some damage. Still misses some easy kicks, but can run, works hard and has a dip. Still prone to the brain fades we have all seen.
Young - threatened a few times but delivered little. Did not look like he was enjoying the weather. Wanted to scrap more than play. Fumbled in the wet and just could not get into the game. We will see how he goes with a full preseason next year...not looking confident though.
Marsh - did some fantastic things, competes all the time and can run and carry the ball. Thumping kick when he gets on to it, but gee can he spray it. Def keep him around for back up. Old school utility as he can truly play anywhere.
Clavarino - did not notice him either. May have seen him do something but just didn't recognize him. (Apologies)
Bytel - was the Sandy runner and was running freely all game. What a great learning experience for him while he is out. He is a big unit, so if his back is good and he gets a full preseason I am hoping he can be an extra mid next year.

Went out to the huddle at 3qtr time. Sammy Hammil is as quiet a coach as I have heard. I am sure some of the boys at the back of the pack couldn't hear him. Maybe that is why we have struggled...the boys just don't know what he wants from them!
In all seriousness, the team looked a lot better this week. When you think of who is missing from that side (not Saints players but the developing players) we look OK. Not great but OK.

Any way, back to LA next week so I am 1-2 on this trip. Managed to see the Townsville win, was an angry man after the Lions debacle and went home thinking Richo's time is done yesterday.
If North play as they did against the pies, we are in for a world of hurt. Time will tell.

Cheers all.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Thank you LA Saint for such a detailed report.

I hope that you are having a good trip.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Great report L.A. Saint, much appreciated.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Who are you, Eric Bana?

L.A. Saint
Club Player

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Who are you, Eric Bana?
Ha ha. I wish.
Just an average, passionate Saints fan who happens to live in LA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

L.A. Saint wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 8:39pm
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Who are you, Eric Bana?
Ha ha. I wish.
Just an average, passionate Saints fan who happens to live in LA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha...that proves it, he denied being Eric Bana, that must mean he IS Eric Bana.

Welcome Eric. Loved "Troy".....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Great to hear Bytel is up and running

Could be one out of the box with his size and just the type of presence we need in the middle

Most experts said he likely would have gone top 10 in the draft if it weren't for his back injury as he killed as an underager in 2017

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
minneapolis
Club Player

L.A. Saint wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 6:10pm I was there. It was bloody windy and got so dark in the 3rd and last quarter it was hard to see over the other side of the ground.
I got there just after the start and we were already 5 goals down.
We beat them from there on and looked pretty good considering the team that played.
As far as the Saints players goes...
Rice - looked good off half back. kicked well, was hard at it and ran his backside off. Might be worth another chance in the seniors sometime before the end of the year.
Brown - is so much better than VFL level. Should be playing AFL, but I can see they want to get games into Carlisle. No matchup for him other than Lynch and Carlisle had his measure until he tired. Will be back when the right matchup is there.
Newnes - was fine. Nothing spectacular. Did what he should at that level and on a day like that.
Mayo - took a great pack mark in the 3rd. Should have kicked one in the last to bring us within a kick but just missed. Looks like he could be a Membrey type with a pre-season or 2. Doesn't get it enough, but looks likely when he leads and can jump and mark.
Langlands - honestly didn't recognize him (I live in LA and never get to see the kids play, but seeing as I am in town thought I would get down to watch) so I cant comment on him, unfortunately.
Rowe - battled hard in the ruck, worked hard when the ball hit the ground. Could do worse for a back up for Marshall. Will be better than Acres or Bruce.
White - nothing special this week - serviceable would be the term. Did some good things, then faded. Should be given another senior opportunity soon. Can run, kick and is tough.
Joyce - is a real leader on the field. Had plenty to say at 3qtr time too. If we could turn him into a big mid, I think he could do some damage. Still misses some easy kicks, but can run, works hard and has a dip. Still prone to the brain fades we have all seen.
Young - threatened a few times but delivered little. Did not look like he was enjoying the weather. Wanted to scrap more than play. Fumbled in the wet and just could not get into the game. We will see how he goes with a full preseason next year...not looking confident though.
Marsh - did some fantastic things, competes all the time and can run and carry the ball. Thumping kick when he gets on to it, but gee can he spray it. Def keep him around for back up. Old school utility as he can truly play anywhere.
Clavarino - did not notice him either. May have seen him do something but just didn't recognize him. (Apologies)
Bytel - was the Sandy runner and was running freely all game. What a great learning experience for him while he is out. He is a big unit, so if his back is good and he gets a full preseason I am hoping he can be an extra mid next year.

Went out to the huddle at 3qtr time. Sammy Hammil is as quiet a coach as I have heard. I am sure some of the boys at the back of the pack couldn't hear him. Maybe that is why we have struggled...the boys just don't know what he wants from them!
In all seriousness, the team looked a lot better this week. When you think of who is missing from that side (not Saints players but the developing players) we look OK. Not great but OK.

Any way, back to LA next week so I am 1-2 on this trip. Managed to see the Townsville win, was an angry man after the Lions debacle and went home thinking Richo's time is done yesterday.
If North play as they did against the pies, we are in for a world of hurt. Time will tell.

Cheers all.
Hi LA,

it's great to get home and visit isn't it. I really enjoy the simple Aussie things.

The trees are different. The trams (fabulous). The Milk Bars. The front fences. And the availability of a swim at a nice beach at any time. The lack of gunshots (JJ).

Last time I was in Melbourne I went to a Sandy game and I saw that they sold authentic meat pies with White Crow sauce. I had one and just loved it. So I had another! Oooh mistake.

Hope you enjoyed your trip even though you swapped summer for winter.

Thanks for the report.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sorry Eric but Troy was a crap movie.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impressive performances from Doulton Langlands, Sam Rowe and Jack Newnes have brightened a wet and miserable afternoon against Richmond at Wilson Storage Trevor Barker Beach Oval.

Torrential rain and bone-chilling wind swept across the ground and only worsened as the day wore on, but the trio weathered the elements to piece together arguably their best individual games in the 7.11 (53) to 10.8 (68) result.

Rowe’s tireless display in the ruck (52 hit-outs) and work between offence and defence was a standout, while Langlands’ gradual move to a pure inside midfielder over recent weeks has only benefitted the rookie-listed Saint.

Langlands finished with 19 disposals, seven tackles and a goal, and was flanked well by Newnes inside (21 disposals), who played his first game in the reserves after a 123-game streak at senior level.

https://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-07- ... lid-saints"