Alan Will Call it Himself.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Alan Will Call it Himself.

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 12:53pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 11:17am ?
We are 4 points behind Freo. That equals 1 game.

To simplify it:
4 points = 1 game.

I think it's amazing we are only 1 game out of the 8 along with a host of other sides.
The win/loss ratio of 6/8 in reality belies the true situation because the way the Saints have been playing indicates to me that the team will struggle to win another game.

There is not another fixture remaining where I feel St Kilda are likely to defeat their upcoming opponent, and that includes the teams currently outside the 8: North, Footscray, Melbourne, Carlton and South Melbourne, all teams that are showing much better form lately......unless St Kilda make radical changes to the way they play and improved game plans set by the coaches.

It is the lack of vigour and attack, and the "keepings off - over ball use" style that makes watching St Kilda play so agonising; the team has the players with the requisite skills and abilities to win games, but it is as if they are conditioned to simply prevent the other team from scoring and so they are not using their natural flair.

This is the way that Ross Lyon gets his teams to play and guess what: St Kilda's Director of Coaching learnt his craft from Ross Lyon, going back to 2007 as a development coach, and he is there today directing the coaches of 2019. This to me is a major reason why the team is failing, and until that man goes St Kilda will remain adrift in the bottom half of the competition!
Yes we are 2-7 since round 5 including falling over the line against GC

HighettMan
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 11:19am
HighettMan wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 10:11am
skeptic wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 7:23am Think it’s fair to say that if Richo was going to call it himself, he would have done so by now.

Jumping before you get pushed isn’t exactly an integrity move like it’s being implied.
And you claim it's not personal with you. That's a fair crack at a man's character which is interesting considering you wouldn't know each other if you crashed into each other.
It’s not really a crack. He’s been deadman walking for a while there.

I’ll point out that you introduced character here as this is your thread. What basis do you have to say that he’ll call it himself..? None! Is none the answer?

Tony, a recognised ITK, is saying with certainty that he won’t be coaching next year. The results almost guarantee that we won’t make finals and he hasn’t called it.

As usual, my opinion is formed off the facts... and you are completely emotional. And of course you play the personal card... don’t know the man, haven’t met him, no interactions, don’t know anyone that knows him.
Based on what I see, it’s pretty clear and has been for a long time that he won’t be a successful coach at our club. The fact that I didn’t delude myself into thinking he’s Alistair Clarkson and Allen Jeans incarnate like you, building a legacy for the ages with a scarily flexible team does not make a cold SOB. Just makes me a rationale one unlike you and your hyper-emotional outbursts.
See this is where you go wrong, you are confused about what the meaning fact is, go back and re read your post and look for your use of the words, 'certainty' and 'almost', I know I'm being picky here but by strict definition you are not forming your opinion from facts. Would stack up in a court of law. Maybe better to say I'm forming my opinion on some information that is unconfirmed or unavaliable.

Outside of that small point you also make some wild assumptions and guesses that also may be warping the formation of your opinions and thier credibility.

Your post was also a little emotional.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

st.byron wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 1:17pm

To simplify it:
4 points = 1 game.

I think it's amazing we are only 1 game out of the 8 along with a host of other sides.
The win/loss ratio of 6/8 in reality belies the true situation because the way the Saints have been playing indicates to me that the team will struggle to win another game.

There is not another fixture remaining where I feel St Kilda are likely to defeat their upcoming opponent, and that includes the teams currently outside the 8: North, Footscray, Melbourne, Carlton and South Melbourne, all teams that are showing much better form lately......unless St Kilda make radical changes to the way they play and improved game plans set by the coaches.

It is the lack of vigour and attack, and the "keepings off - over ball use" style that makes watching St Kilda play so agonising; the team has the players with the requisite skills and abilities to win games, but it is as if they are conditioned to simply prevent the other team from scoring and so they are not using their natural flair.

This is the way that Ross Lyon gets his teams to play and guess what: St Kilda's Director of Coaching learnt his craft from Ross Lyon, going back to 2007 as a development coach, and he is there today directing the coaches of 2019. This to me is a major reason why the team is failing, and until that man goes St Kilda will remain adrift in the bottom half of the competition!
This is being very much overlooked by those waffling about "we're 6 and 8, we can still make finals, blah blah blah"... the fact is that for our last 9 games we are 2 and 7, and with a percentage of 69.5% !! For the last 9 games we have an average points for per game of 69.4 and an average points against of 99.9...…

If anyone can explain to me in detail how those numbers are miraculously going to morph into finals bound performances then I am all ears. We have only scored more than 80 points in a game twice this year and that was in the first five rounds, and have not cracked the ton at all !! Someone tell me how we can make finals when we have been conceding 99.9 points per game for the past two and a half months and haven't actually cracked the ton ourselves at all ??

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 1:29pm
skeptic wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 7:23am Think it’s fair to say that if Richo was going to call it himself, he would have done so by now.

Jumping before you get pushed isn’t exactly an integrity move like it’s being implied.
And you claim it's not personal with you. That's a fair crack at a man's character which is interesting considering you wouldn't know each other if you crashed into each other.

I’ll point out that you introduced character here as this is your thread. What basis do you have to say that he’ll call it himself..? None! Is none the answer?

Tony, a recognised ITK, is saying with certainty that he won’t be coaching next year. The results almost guarantee that we won’t make finals and he hasn’t called it.

As usual, my opinion is formed off the facts... and you are completely emotional. And of course you play the personal card... don’t know the man, haven’t met him, no interactions, don’t know anyone that knows him.
Based on what I see, it’s pretty clear and has been for a long time that he won’t be a successful coach at our club. The fact that I didn’t delude myself into thinking he’s Alistair Clarkson and Allen Jeans incarnate like you, building a legacy for the ages with a scarily flexible team does not make a cold SOB. Just makes me a rationale one unlike you and your hyper-emotional outbursts.
See this is where you go wrong, you are confused about what the meaning fact is, go back and re read your post and look for your use of the words, 'certainty' and 'almost', I know I'm being picky here but by strict definition you are not forming your opinion from facts. Would stack up in a court of law. Maybe better to say I'm forming my opinion on some information that is unconfirmed or unavaliable.

Outside of that small point you also make some wild assumptions and guesses that also may be warping the formation of your opinions and thier credibility.

:roll: good conversation, really.
Glad it’s almost certainly not emotionally driven hysteria

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I love how Richo’s standards are set so low that his supporters see 14th on the ladder as not bad! :lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 1:59pm
st.byron wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 1:17pm

To simplify it:
4 points = 1 game.

This is being very much overlooked by those waffling about "we're 6 and 8, we can still make finals, blah blah blah"... the fact is that for our last 9 games we are 2 and 7, and with a percentage of 69.5% !! For the last 9 games we have an average points for per game of 69.4 and an average points against of 99.9...…

If anyone can explain to me in detail how those numbers are miraculously going to morph into finals bound performances then I am all ears. We have only scored more than 80 points in a game twice this year and that was in the first five rounds, and have not cracked the ton at all !! Someone tell me how we can make finals when we have been conceding 99.9 points per game for the past two and a half months and haven't actually cracked the ton ourselves at all ??
5 of our 6 wins have been against the bottom 4 teams on the ladder but details details.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
spert
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 12:34pm Listening to SEN today, as they've had a few Kanga players past and present on and I may be reading into it but I dont get a great sense that Brad Scott was the most popular guy at the club. They're saying all the cliche things about how good a coach he is and all that but none of them sounding hugely convincing, whilst their enthusiasm ,when describing Rhys Shaw, was noticeable. Maybe it was just time to move on for everyone at the club but I'm really not seeing what BS is going to bring to the table. This is concerning.
I have a bunch of relatives who are North supporters, a couple being very good footy players in their days at the highest level...they hated Scott as coach and were jumping with joy when he got the flick..

HighettMan
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 2:05pm

Prove you're a builder and not a wrecker. Start flooding this board with opinions based on facts (proper facts not Trump facts) for your pick for our next coach and outline how these facts lead you to believe your next coach will improve on the incumbent.

The serious discussion you yearn begins here if you choose to accept the challenge.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 6:19pm

Prove you're a builder and not a wrecker. Start flooding this board with opinions based on facts (proper facts not Trump facts) for your pick for our next coach and outline how these facts lead you to believe your next coach will improve on the incumbent.

The serious discussion you yearn begins here if you choose to accept the challenge.
I yearn for no discussion with you... tried til i was blue in the face. Don't think you're capable of having it. Note I don't start conversations with you... would be delighted if you returned the gesture

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Classic special pleading- priceless

🤣😂

HighettMan
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 6:29pm

I yearn for no discussion with you... tried til i was blue in the face. Don't think you're capable of having it. Note I don't start conversations with you... would be delighted if you returned the gesture
I can't wait until you reveal who your pick for our
next coach is. You clearly have a sense of theater about you. Come on give us hint.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 6:43pm
skeptic wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 6:29pm

I can't wait until you reveal who your pick for our
next coach is. You clearly have a sense of theater about you. Come on give us hint.
Posted it many times. Don't know why you even want to know as it's clearly not because you want to properly discuss it with me. I suspect you want ammunition to whack me with later so go ahead and dig for it

I will say this... I actually agree with you that from a fan's POV I'm not overly bothered as we won't have all the information to make an informed decision. So i look at the qualities candidates have that are well known
Last edited by skeptic on Tue 02 Jul 2019 6:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Suggesting we are "only" one game out of the 8 is, I think a false comparison. The trend is from #1 to #14. There are six sides between us and 7th spot. All playing better than us. Our percentage is awful and if we are to have an honest analyses that means that one notional game is actually two. But its an illusion even then, as unlikely as it is. Only Melbourne has coughed up more points against. Even Suns and Carlton have had less scored against them. I think we average about 2 goals a game more than the Suns (bottom). Good eh? But Suns have played Giants twice (us once for a flogging), the Bulldogs (us nunce), Adelaide twice (us once for a fair pantsing), Geelong , North and the Swans (the latter three we have not had the pleasure of).

I think its reasonable to suggest that the comparative draws - poor Suns - could mean at least a 27 goal equivalence from the, say, 6 games differential. The bottom line is the side is not going to go near finals with AR as coach and without its benign draw - which has been squandered- we would be looking closely at the wooden spoon. If our new stats analyst can't illustrate that to our glorious leader and he twigs that he is hopeless then he will call himself Al - and you can call him Al -but he won't call time.

A man walks down the street He says why am I soft in the middle now Why am I soft in the middle The rest of my life is so hard I need a photo-opportunity I want a shot at redemption Don't want to end up a cartoon In a cartoon graveyard Bonedigger Bonedigger Dogs in the moonlight Far away my well-lit door Beerbelly Beerbelly Get these mutts away from me You know I don't find this stuff amusing anymore If you'll be my bodyguard I can be your long lost pal I can call you Betty And Betty when you call me You call me Al.

stkfc1
Club Player

spert wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 5:44pm
stkfc1 wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 12:34pm Listening to SEN today, as they've had a few Kanga players past and present on and I may be reading into it but I dont get a great sense that Brad Scott was the most popular guy at the club. They're saying all the cliche things about how good a coach he is and all that but none of them sounding hugely convincing, whilst their enthusiasm ,when describing Rhys Shaw, was noticeable. Maybe it was just time to move on for everyone at the club but I'm really not seeing what BS is going to bring to the table. This is concerning.
I have a bunch of relatives who are North supporters, a couple being very good footy players in their days at the highest level...they hated Scott as coach and were jumping with joy when he got the flick..
My F.I.L is also mad Roos boy and was happier than a tornado in a trailer park when Scott left. Didnt rate him at all and this seems to be the general consensus of the few other Roo supporters I know. This also adds to my concern.

ss1986
Club Player

Why would anyone accept a challenge from you?

The minute I put a challenge to you, you ran a million miles. #happytogiveit #cannottakeit

HighettMan
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2019 10:16pm

Why would anyone accept a challenge from you?

The minute I put a challenge to you, you ran a million miles. #happytogiveit #cannottakeit
Go back and re read ...I accepted.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

When is it gonna happen. I wake up with hope every day. I go to sleep down hearted

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2019 12:07pm When is it gonna happen. I wake up with hope every day. I go to sleep down hearted
That Alan will call it himself OR people stopping at a couple of requotes? Either way, I feel your pain.

ss1986
Club Player

Go back and re read ...I accepted.
[/quote]

I cant find it anywhere.

HighettMan
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2019 2:27pm Go back and re read ...I accepted.
I cant find it anywhere.
[/quote]

Well that just proves you don't pay attention.

Are you really a clerk at H&R Block? Clerks are usually meticulous with details.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i’d still like to know how a partner and a job
leads to ‘happiness’

if you get bored with re reading HighistheMans back catalogue of work

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Don’t totally rule out one of the big guns. Bit of work going behind the scenes.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Ooh, noice

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2019 7:35pm Don’t totally rule out one of the big guns. Bit of work going behind the scenes.
Who qualifies as a big gun?

Clarko
Bevo
Longmire
?

The only one of them I could see possibly leaving is Clarko, because I think Hawks would be happy to let him go if he doesn’t want to be part of their upcoming rebuild.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
tony74 wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2019 7:35pm Don’t totally rule out one of the big guns. Bit of work going behind the scenes.
Who qualifies as a big gun?

Clarko
Bevo
Longmire
?

The only one of them I could see possibly leaving is Clarko, because I think Hawks would be happy to let him go if he doesn’t want to be part of their upcoming rebuild.
Paul Reiffel?
Bill Cannon?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"