Range of emotions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Range of emotions

When THE Saints favorite son died I was devastated, For him, his family and because he was going to coach the Saints to their second premiership

When the Doc was forced to quite, I was disappointed, but I realised he wasn't going to be our saviour

When Watson quite, I was relieved.

When Alves was sacked at first I was alarmed but believed the club knew what it was doing. you can't push a player down a stair case.

When Blight was sacked, my first thoughts were thank god. The guy's a turd who never liked the saints.

When Thomas was sacked i was outraged with the club, and still am.

When Lyin walked out on us I was pissed with him, and still am, but think we escaped a bullet. He cost us two flags and a former captain of the club.

when the dwawf was sacked I was glad.

When Richo walked after being basically pushed I was sad and felt for him. he did his best but that black cat and ladder still have a home at Moorabbin unfortunately.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Range of emotions

I haven't been happy with any of the sackings in the past thirty years.

Except this one. Richo is clearly a fine human being and I feel sorry for him.

But watching players like Ross, Newnes, Acres, etc., show early promise and then fail to realise it was getting soul-destroying.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:46pm I haven't been happy with any of the sackings in the past thirty years.

Except this one. Richo is clearly a fine human being and I feel sorry for him.

But watching players like Ross, Newnes, Acres, etc., show early promise and then fail to realise it was getting soul-destroying.
In the pile of literally hundreds of posts on Alan's demise, either already written or yet to be, this one says it all

I just hope that those blokes weren't dud's that were never going to make it anyway. Ah football, ya gotta love it

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
HighettMan
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:35pm When THE Saints favorite son died I was devastated, For him, his family and because he was going to coach the Saints to their second premiership

When the Doc was forced to quite, I was disappointed, but I realised he wasn't going to be our saviour

When Alves was sacked at first I was alarmed but believed the club knew what it was doing. you can't push a player down a stair case.

When Blight was sacked, my first thoughts were thank god. The guy's a turd who never liked the saints.

When Lyin walked out on us I was pissed with him, and still am, but think we escaped a bullet. He cost us two flags and a former captain of the club.

When Richo walked after being basically pushed I was sad and felt for him. he did his best but that black cat and ladder still have a home at Moorabbin unfortunately.
Good summary. I hadn't heard the player and staircase story before. I always had a softspot for Stan knowing about his tragic loss and how he was able to get on with his life. I suppose Stan and Brett Ratten have that in common. Remarkable men in that regard.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:35pm When THE Saints favorite son died I was devastated, For him, his family and because he was going to coach the Saints to their second premiership

Pretty much bang on with you but really felts they should have cut ties with Richo last year. There was no need to prolong things this season. Nice bloke and not entirely to blame but had to go.
Also his ‘positive’ ‘pleasing’ ‘hard at the ball’ ‘kickers and catchers’ shyte really annoyed me

#1 Ryder fan
Special
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote: Thu 18 Jul 2019 9:02am

Pretty much bang on with you but really felts they should have cut ties with Richo last year. There was no need to prolong things this season. Nice bloke and not entirely to blame but had to go.
Also his ‘positive’ ‘pleasing’ ‘hard at the ball’ ‘kickers and catchers’ shyte really annoyed me
Paying out contracts and the bloody soft cap screwed us I reckon.

Richo obviously should’ve been let go last year. This year up until now has been wasted - hopefully Scott has been locked in. I like his hardness.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Thu 18 Jul 2019 10:01am

Richo obviously should’ve been let go last year. This year up until now has been wasted - hopefully Scott has been locked in. I like his hardness.
Yeah, but this year was screwed from the start with Hanners not coming up, Robbo's heart condition and Paddy's concussion. We have had 15 players missing for most games with 5 written off for the year and another 5 on the indefinite list.
Would have been different with a full list to choose from imho.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Some bizarre sackings in that list.

Who did Alves push down the stairs??

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
HighettMan
Club Player

Club would have imploded if they sacked him last year. Just would have proved we were a sensitive over reactive organisation that jumps at shadows without a succession plan. Would have looked like a club run in the 70s.

Lethelean needed time to get his feet under the desk and work out what and who worked well. The 'what' was the management structures needed tweeking and you have to get that in place before finding the right role players. The 'who, bit of what needed refreshing is almost done too.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Well said Saynta, we'll disagree on a couple of aspects but well put together.

Let's hope we are all drunk together and refused taxis from Moorabbin on that last Sunday in September sometime in the next few years after we win that elusive 2nd flag! 😉🍻

Special
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 18 Jul 2019 12:11pm

Yeah, but this year was screwed from the start with Hanners not coming up, Robbo's heart condition and Paddy's concussion. We have had 15 players missing for most games with 5 written off for the year and another 5 on the indefinite list.
Maybe maybe not.

Care to explain the limp lack of effort in most of our losses?

Put simply, the players played flat. Without a purpose or drive.

Mr Beige and his merry Beige Men. We don’t have any spunk or fire on the belly - except for the Cats game when the boys have a one last hurrah to try and win the impossible and “save the coach”.

I have to laugh when you included Paddy. He’s no good and won’t play again.

HighettMan
Club Player

Special wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 5:45am

Maybe maybe not.

Mr Beige and his merry Beige Men. We don’t have any spunk or fire on the belly - except for the Cats game when the boys have a one last hurrah to try and win the impossible and “save the coach”.

He is good, very good, whether he plays again is the only point of conjecture.

33%

Crossy66
Club Player

Special wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 5:45am

Maybe maybe not.

You lose credibility if you cant acknowledge the impact injuries have played in our season. Between 8- 10 players unavailable each week. Do you think a fit steven, Carlisle, robbo, hannas,geary, Webster, lonie etc etc would improve us?