The Sinclair effect

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mordi
Club Player

The Sinclair effect

Always good to watch the game on replay after seeing live.

A consistent point I notice is Jack Sinclair’s impact on games. A great link player with so many handballs and short kicks. Not to mention his amazing tackles.

What's the Point of it All?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Sinclair effect

Yes after reading all the posts bagging him, as I thought he had had a pretty decent game I particularly noted his play in the replay.

He did a lot of heavy inside work and was actually very good in congested play.

Also like you I thought his tackle pressure was good. The stats sheet had him listed as only having had two tackles. Well I don't know how they measure tackles then as he laid many more than 2 tackles.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
StPeter
Club Player

I have always been a big fan of Sinclair and can't agree with the constant criticism he gets on here.

I think he probably is the most creative player on our list and much of his good work gets overlooked.

stkfc1
Club Player

Was very good yesterday. Watched the replay late last night and didnt realise how much he impacted the game. Very smart user of the footy and cracked in when he had too. Hope we see some consistency with the new coach as he's one of our better players when he gets going.

George27
Club Player

I agree that he had a good game yesterday. Bobbed up both in attack and defence. Uses it well, which can’t be said of all our blokes !

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I think he occasionally tries stuff which doesn't come off disposal wise, which is where the criticism stems from with some posters. Wish we had a couple more like him to be honest, as he has an ability to open up play for team-mates. The connection with JB is a bit uncanny at times....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Good skills, but not great awareness, as I regularly see him get caught with the ball, and he did a couple of times again yesterday. Nothing a coach shouldn't be able to fix.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

The crap that kid has got on this forum is massively unfounded. He's our best short kick and there's a very good reason he was the only player on our list in 2017 rated elite by Champion Data. Back then - he was a link up wingman who used to spot up JB (and others) for fun.

And then - for some reason he got thrown around in small fwd/inside mid roles. Talk about robbing a bloke of his confidence and strengths.

He's a strong, elite running outside mid. Just let him play - he's naturally smart and makes good decisions - he doesn't need to be overcoached.

Go you red, black & white warriors