Ross didnt get much of the ball?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Ross didnt get much of the ball?

Ross didnt poll too well in the AFL rankings,
I think he got 21 touches or so

But I did notice that he actually lowered the eyes, so when he got the ball,
I saw him looking first and not just blazing away.

Maybe he had more pressure acts and didnt try to just chase kicks like normal,
or maybe Bevo had him tagged out of the game, which no other coach bothers with,
because Ross is so wasteful with ball in hand normally

anyway he was far more careful with his disposal

Good on him

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross didnt get much of the ball?

Better than wasting it. . But he either stops , turns and holds the ball up too long it turns it over.
Not convinced with him yet.
Who do you drop when Steven and Hanners available?

Nee!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Ross had only 3 clangers,
and he ranked only 12th, and Steele ranked 15th
Normally Ross is up near the top, because he usually gets a lot of ball,
but we all know how wasteful he can be, with the Auskick style of bomb it in.

As an aside, Parker and Hind had time on ground of 69 and 68 per cent
so although Hind only got 8 touches, he made a pretty good impact when he did get it

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

well it is better to pick your targets, but i also saw him hold up play a few times to our detriment as he didn't have the belief in his ability to hit the obvious target.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

It was so noticeable in the 1st half when we were on fire that Ross was not gathering his usual meaningless possessions. He literally clogs up the chains of possessions with his extreme one-sidedness, poor decision making and average foot skills.

Once/if he's fit - I believe that it's now Ross that makes way for Haneberry. DH has more skill and composure on one leg than Ross possesses.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 12:07pm It was so noticeable in the 1st half when we were on fire that Ross was not gathering his usual meaningless possessions. He literally clogs up the chains of possessions with his extreme one-sidedness, poor decision making and average foot skills.

Once/if he's fit - I believe that it's now Ross that makes way for Haneberry. DH has more skill and composure on one leg than Ross possesses.
Sack the acting captain and our no 1 possession winner? Don't think so.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 12:56pm
Saintmatt wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 12:07pm It was so noticeable in the 1st half when we were on fire that Ross was not gathering his usual meaningless possessions. He literally clogs up the chains of possessions with his extreme one-sidedness, poor decision making and average foot skills.

Cho sure has hell wouldn't but hopefully, the new broom is all over it. If you think Ross is a worthy No.1 starting midfielder and captain material - then I'd be staggered. If raw possession numbers are something you treasure - then again, I'm staggered. This is remember, the main exponent of the long bombs to outnumbered forwards strategy.

I'd take the impact of Hind's 8 posessions yesterday over whatever Ross meaninglessly accumulates any day.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 5:33pm

Cho sure has hell wouldn't but hopefully, the new broom is all over it. If you think Ross is a worthy No.1 starting midfielder and captain material - then I'd be staggered. If raw possession numbers are something you treasure - then again, I'm staggered. This is remember, the main exponent of the long bombs to outnumbered forwards strategy.

I'd take the impact of Hind's 8 posessions yesterday over whatever Ross meaninglessly accumulates any day.
Be staggered then. posters on here who didn't believe that Seb was AFL material have continued to snipe at him and try to turn him into the saints whipping boy actually make me want to throw up.

i am sure that their only reasoning is to make them feel better about their original failure to recognise a class footballer.

i have seen repeated comments about his poor disposal whilst champion data put him above 70 %.

Of course he is a starting midfielder and captain material.

Comparing Hind to Seb is like comparing a street busker to a classical opera singer. IMHO that is.
Last edited by saynta on Mon 22 Jul 2019 6:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 5:44pm
Saintmatt wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 5:33pm

Be staggered then. posters on here who didn't believe that Seb was AFL material have continued to snipe at him and try to turn him into the saints whipping boy actually make me want to throw up.

i am sure that their only rezoning is to make them feel better about their original failure to recognise a class footballer.

i have seen repeated comments about his poor disposal whilst champion data put him above 70 %.

Of course he is a starting midfielder and captain material.

Comparing Hind to Seb is like comparing a street busker to a classical opera singer. IMHO that is.
I'd rather have zero whipping boys - he's not mine anyway. I just think he's an awful footballer with significant limitations. And as a Captain - he's been a nothing (except in the Dawks game). The comparison was about the impact of the possessions.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

An awful footballer with an AFL best and fairest and twice runner up

Next