Caretaker effect or blue skies ahead?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HighettMan
Club Player

Re: Caretaker effect or blue skies ahead?

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 2:11pm What exactly were those comments by players HM?

I'd like to think players simply had the class not to dance on Richo's grave.

Was good to see when the Dogs came at us, like they were always going to, we weathered it and did not stick in that mire of holding on to the ball, chipping sideways until we drowned. That was different.

As was a fast start, very different. I think there's more to the win than Lonie's 2nd game back & a "dead cat bounce". Blue skies for mine.

Credit to Ratten and the players for embracing the challenge.
That Ratts didn't really changed too much. Pretty 101 management stuff really. BR won't change too much over the next 5 games.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Bit of both. The players clearly played with more freedom, and kicked straight early (amazing what scoreboard pressure can do for confidence).

There was some young talent on display, playing very well. Not getting carried away though, what I did learn was that the Bulldogs back 6 is putrid at defending. Number 12 for them is an absolute hack.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

So they said he did change some things but not "too much". Great to know the little things he identified obviously worked very well.

I think if we use the North & Geelong games as our water mark we will look back on it after Round 23 and notice a marked difference.

Very astute, identify key issues and manage that change gradually. Keep doing something similar each round and it will become significant in 6 rounds.