Team vs Swans. In : Rowe Out : Paton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Team vs Swans. In : Rowe Out : Paton

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Team vs Swans. In : Rowe Out : Paton

Happy for Rowe to get his 100th, but Paton being the man to make way is a joke.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Cannot figure out their thinking, a lovely feel good story with Rowe, his 100th & final game. But to not take the opportunity to get another game in to players like Paton, Langlands and Phillips is baffling.

I'm quite confident we know what Newnes, Sinclair and Lonie offer, for that matter, even Jack Steven.

Seems like a bit of a "give up" to me, nothing about the future, no statement about their poor performance last week.

The only clarity from this weeks selection is the players not deemed part of the future: White, Rice, Phillips along with the retirees Armo & Rowe.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Very disappointed, there were players who deserved to be dropped after last week.

We don’t need another Richo

scallopsroe
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 22 Aug 2019 8:24pm Cannot figure out their thinking, a lovely feel good story with Rowe, his 100th & final game. But to not take the opportunity to get another game in to players like Paton, Langlands and Phillips is baffling.

I'm quite confident we know what Newnes, Sinclair and Lonie offer, for that matter, even Jack Steven.

Seems like a bit of a "give up" to me, nothing about the future, no statement about their poor performance last week.

The only clarity from this weeks selection is the players not deemed part of the future: White, Rice, Phillips along with the retirees Armo & Rowe.
Agree 100%.

scallopsroe
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 22 Aug 2019 8:24pm Cannot figure out their thinking, a lovely feel good story with Rowe, his 100th & final game. But to not take the opportunity to get another game in to players like Paton, Langlands and Phillips is baffling.

Agree 100%.

scallopsroe
Club Player

sorry clicked twice

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Yep. Apart from Rowe (good to see), this is a "give-up" by the Club. With nothing to lose, it would have been a good gesture to give a few other lesser lights a run, especially with the low performing Newnes, Lonie, Acres, Sinclair, not busting the gate down for a game.

We probably need to offer Jack Steven another look.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Tough on Paton.

Nee!