Alex Keath

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Re: Alex Keath

Not sure Carlisle is a proven gun,can play when he wants to but geez he can be lazy and age does not treat a bad back well! If we got Keath for not much that would be a huge bonus ,I think we all forget how good Battle was this year at CHB reminded me of Sicily at the hawks great kick and hard as a cats head!

PADDLEPOP1000
stkfc1
Club Player

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 6:23am Not sure Carlisle is a proven gun,can play when he wants to but geez he can be lazy and age does not treat a bad back well! If we got Keath for not much that would be a huge bonus ,I think we all forget how good Battle was this year at CHB reminded me of Sicily at the hawks great kick and hard as a cats head!
Carlise is a gun when fit but thats becoming more of an issue now, and you're right about backs.. at his age It isnt going get a lot better and thats the major concern going forward. Battle did a great job at CHB and should be our No 1 guy there from now on, unless one B. King enters the picture and then Battle becomes our FB.
For mine we move on Carlise now, For to long now, this club has held on to players one or two years longer than they should and we get nothing for them or they end up retiring in the VFL. We need to be more decisive and cutthroat.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Keath is an interesting potential recruitment.

Was touted a top 10 pick in his draft year and chose cricket over footy.
I thought it a great pick by Adelaide to get him as a mature recruit.
I still think he has upside.

If you can get Keath cheap & Tomlinson as a free agent, it makes sense to offload Carslile if you can get decent value for him. What that value is I do not know.

Say in Tomlinson FA, in Keath 4th round pick.
In Hill for #5 with 3rd round pick coming back.

What could you get with Carslile bundled with a 3rd round pick, would it get you a decent young mid or help you trade up in the draft?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
barneyboyz
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Mon 02 Sep 2019 8:06pm Johnny Ray flamingo eh.......

Who might you be a reincarnation of?
Seems to be the 'rave' these days :wink: Seriously though, there should be a limit on how many you have too

Getting too hard to know who's here these days, although most of the aggression has gone

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

You would think the pies & the cats would be 2 clubs to look at Carlisle!

PADDLEPOP1000
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle gun?

How many AAs and top 3 B&Fs?

He ain’t a gun, just a tall with good hands, good disposal and a lazy and poor attitude

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Mon 02 Sep 2019 8:06pm Johnny Ray flamingo eh.......

Who might you be a reincarnation of?
johnnyrayflamingo2018 :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 6:03am Major sideways trading if we end up with him and trade out Carlisle, unless we get Keath dirt cheap and Carlisle nets us significant value. Would rather stick with a proven gun than a player who just put together his first solid season at 27
Why not both?

Cordz2
Club Player

B.M wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 5:50pm Carlisle gun?

He ain’t a gun, just a tall with good hands, good disposal and a lazy and poor attitude
+1

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 7:04pm
mad saint guy wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 6:03am Major sideways trading if we end up with him and trade out Carlisle, unless we get Keath dirt cheap and Carlisle nets us significant value. Would rather stick with a proven gun than a player who just put together his first solid season at 27
Why not both?
My preference is.....

Carlisle and pick 5 >>>> Gold Coast.
Ben King and their third round pick (38ish) >>>>> St Kilda.

Steven >>>> Geelong
Constable >>>> St Kilda

Newnes >>>> Free Agent
Pick 40 as compo >>>> St Kilda

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
To the top
SS Life Member

“lazy and poor attitude”

Perhaps we could comment on those putting those opinions of theirs

If this uninformed opinion is correct, which Club would accept him and reimburse St Kilda for the privilege?

Then in the next mind boggling assumption, Geelong and Hawthorn want him!

Perhaps you should educate yourselves to the philosophy of Ferguson of Manchester United game - noting his success

older saint
SS Life Member

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 7:25pm
Why not both?
My preference is.....

Steven >>>> Geelong
Constable >>>> St Kilda

Newnes >>>> Free Agent
Want more than Constable - a guy who cant get a game at Geelong. Sounds like Geelong talking him up, and people believing it .

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

B.M wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 5:50pm Carlisle gun?

So you think Keath will be better?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Yep

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 8:32pm
Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 7:25pm
Why not both?
My preference is.....

Steven >>>> Geelong
Constable >>>> St Kilda

Newnes >>>> Free Agent
Want more than Constable - a guy who cant get a game at Geelong. Sounds like Geelong talking him up, and people believing it .
First year in the system. Showed plenty for a rookie and pick #36 in the games he played.

To the top
SS Life Member

Yes, at Docklands Keath was Adelaide’s intercept defender and he cleaned up as he did - how many marks?

So, also courtesy of our inaccuracy when we had the run of play early, Adelaide ran out comfortable winners

But Adelaide’s season imploded (and they have their problems resonating now)

Despite Keath being a messiah at St Kilda and superior to Carlisle according to “informed” opinion on here

Since arriving at St Kilda Carlisle missed his first season due to the administration of Essendon and the performance drugs they condoned, so his first year on the park was after a season off

But he was a very influential player

2018 was what it was, four wins and a draw, but Carlisle was a very long way from our worst - think the win over Melbourne at the MCG

This season it has been back surgery - an existing condition he has battled against by all accounts finally succumbing to surgery - and we read rehabilitation with Bytel who also underwent back surgery but could not make it onto the park at all

So there have been interruptions

The best outcome is that he partakes in a full pre-season and returns to fitness and form

Against that we have Keath - from a team which imploded in 2019 for the reasons it did, principally because of ageing senior players and a lack of depth to take the pressure off those ageing players

Keath is among those who have not stood up

To the top
SS Life Member

So Constance, a Seconds player at Geelong, is yet another messiah for St. Kilda

No doubt those preaching “messiah” are from Scomo’s Bible bashing demographic, waving their hands around and yelling for a miracle

Life does not work like that

asiu
Saintsational Legend

agreed

waving and yelling is pretty pointless
like winking at the clouds

gratitude given (in advance)
is the creator of miracles

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Did anyone use the word messiah?

Only a hysterical clown would use such a term to describe any recruit.

Keath is probably not as talented as Carlisle? But going on 2019 output was better, is better physically and mentally has a better attitude. Probably doesn’t Snapchat himself doing a line after being recruited either?

And
Take whatever we can get for Jack.

To the top
SS Life Member

BM

No doubt you would have terminated the careers of Greg Chappell and Mark Waugh when they had the lean periods they had?

Carlisle’s 2019 was severely curtailed due to injury resulting in surgery

Perhaps we should take Natanui off West Coast’s hands because he has had a couple of very ordinary seasons and has not contributed

Your reasoning is dumbfounding at the very best

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

A positive attitude from a guy who commits to every contest and persists with 2nd or 3rd efforts is infectious...as is a negative attitude. Geary's efforts and Gears behaviours on field create standards that everyone needs to uphold.

Negativity and weak efforts and a can't be stuffed attitude permeates through the group...especially if it comes from one of your most senior and supposedly- most talented players. Without realising that it is happening, there could be players that emulate Jake's behaviours

Carlisle too often drops his head; stops trying; stops contesting and does not give effort against opposition that he should be beating. That's not good for a young team

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 10:55pm BM

No doubt you would have terminated the careers of Greg Chappell and Mark Waugh when they had the lean periods they had?

Carlisle’s 2019 was severely curtailed due to injury resulting in surgery

Perhaps we should take Natanui off West Coast’s hands because he has had a couple of very ordinary seasons and has not contributed

Your reasoning is dumbfounding at the very best
+1

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 9:58pm Yes, at Docklands Keath was Adelaide’s intercept defender and he cleaned up as he did - how many marks?

So, also courtesy of our inaccuracy when we had the run of play early, Adelaide ran out comfortable winners

But Adelaide’s season imploded (and they have their problems resonating now)

Despite Keath being a messiah at St Kilda and superior to Carlisle according to “informed” opinion on here

Since arriving at St Kilda Carlisle missed his first season due to the administration of Essendon and the performance drugs they condoned, so his first year on the park was after a season off

But he was a very influential player

2018 was what it was, four wins and a draw, but Carlisle was a very long way from our worst - think the win over Melbourne at the MCG

This season it has been back surgery - an existing condition he has battled against by all accounts finally succumbing to surgery - and we read rehabilitation with Bytel who also underwent back surgery but could not make it onto the park at all

So there have been interruptions

The best outcome is that he partakes in a full pre-season and returns to fitness and form

Against that we have Keath - from a team which imploded in 2019 for the reasons it did, principally because of ageing senior players and a lack of depth to take the pressure off those ageing players

Keath is among those who have not stood up
As a very influential player in 2017, Carlisle performed only slighty better in that year than Keath, who you say hasn't stood up, this year. Your assessments appear to be a bit jaded.
I will take Keith for 3 years on much less coin and get a second rounder and a decent chunk of change for Jake.
I'd also trade Jack and take Constable (If it is possible) and add him to the list of fringe players and nobodies we have accumulated like Bruce, Steele, Membrey, Sinclair, Marshall, Paton, Wilkie, Hind and Parker.
Very happy we have extended Marsh and Mayo too.
Add Hill and Tomlinson and Blind Freddy could tell our list will have improved.
I don't wanna trade Bruce but if it facilitates Hill and Bing coming then so be it but I'm not certain we can get both but can't see why all the above couldn't happen.
My biggest concern is Bruce is replaced by Ryder but I can see Marshall and Ryder in the same team under a very different game plan.
Marshall moves to CHF and backs up Ryder. Ryder rucks and drifts back and plugs up the 40 metre arch.
Keep Brown on a one year as a player coach at Sandy to support Clav Austin and Marsh.

To the top
SS Life Member

My contacts in Adelaide are of the view that Keath is probably heading to St Kilda

They have deferred as to opinion on Keath asking for time - so they say tomorrow

I will not pre-empt because I do not know but my sources in Adelaide are pristine and their assessment will be on the money

Keath v Carlisle they will not comment on only knowing Carlisle by favourable reputation

But I can tell you that there are ructions at Adelaide encompassing influential foundation Members of significant reputation both in their stellar careers and post those playing careers

To the top
SS Life Member

Off topic but should be acknowledged

Sam Gallagher, the doyen of the Gallagher family passed away some 2 weeks back, so sympathies and prayers for the Gallagher family