Alex Keath

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barneyboyz
Club Player

Re: Alex Keath

Scollop wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 11:02pm A positive attitude from a guy who commits to every contest and persists with 2nd or 3rd efforts is infectious...as is a negative attitude. Geary's efforts and Gears behaviours on field create standards that everyone needs to uphold.

Negativity and weak efforts and a can't be stuffed attitude permeates through the group...especially if it comes from one of your most senior and supposedly- most talented players. Without realising that it is happening, there could be players that emulate Jake's behaviours

Carlisle too often drops his head; stops trying; stops contesting and does not give effort against opposition that he should be beating. That's not good for a young team
Your last sentence is where it's at for Jake. Shouldn't be, but is unfortunate

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Hate Carlisle's laziness and slow turning circle and would also be inclined to take whatever we can get. It's unfortunate that "a tall with good hands and good disposal" looks awfully like a gun to us atm.

outside66
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote: Mon 02 Sep 2019 10:48pm
Toy Saint wrote: Mon 02 Sep 2019 10:43pm What will he cost us in terms of salary and cost of trade with Adelaide?
He’s uncontracted!
So? He's not a free agent therefore a trade will need to be made. We obviously aren't the only club after him and Adelaide will likely play hardball as he's a good player.

damienc
Club Player

Ok. I've been doing a lot of thinking about Jake Carlisle ( I know this thread is about Alex Keath. Bear with me. I'll get to it)

I have not been able to figure out, why, after going so hard to get him he is now on the outer.

Do you remember? I'm sure you do. We paid way over to get him, then he was videoed seeming to take drugs, then he was out of footy for a year.

I might have got the sequence mixed up, but you know what I mean.

He filled a desperate need: a tall, strong marking, rebound defender. And for a while Jake filled the role admirably. Certainly, from time to time, he did.

But then he injured his back, and after rehab seems not to be the player he was. Of course that could just be temporary. I hope it is for his sake.

Enter Alex Keath. We were into him before he went to Adelaide.

Put simply, Keath has been on fire in 2019. Easily one of the Crows' best, maybe even their best defender. Strong intercept marker, gets a lot of the footy and is an excellent rebounder.

Played 18 games for Adelaide this year until he was injured at the end of the season. First an ankle, then a knee.

Clearly Adelaide must be in disarray for Keath to want out.

He also wants a long contract. No problem from our club's point of view. Will happily take one of Adelaide's best, any time of the week.

You don't have to be a genius to work out that our footy club thinks out of contract Alex would be a great fit at CHB.

All the signs point to him joining the Saints.

So where does that leave Jake? Very much out in the cold I am afraid to say.

The club says it is open to trade Carlisle if a suitable place can be found for him.

If he stays, I would expect him to play a lot of footy for Sandringham and to be delisted at the end of next season.

I guess that's football in the modern world.

barneyboyz
Club Player

damienc wrote: Wed 04 Sep 2019 11:55am Ok. I've been doing a lot of thinking about Jake Carlisle ( I know this thread is about Alex Keath. Bear with me. I'll get to it)

I have not been able to figure out, why, after going so hard to get him he is now on the outer.

Do you remember? I'm sure you do. We paid way over to get him, then he was videoed seeming to take drugs, then he was out of footy for a year.

I might have got the sequence mixed up, but you know what I mean.

He filled a desperate need: a tall, strong marking, rebound defender. And for a while Jake filled the role admirably. Certainly, from time to time, he did.

But then he injured his back, and after rehab seems not to be the player he was. Of course that could just be temporary. I hope it is for his sake.

Enter Alex Keath. We were into him before he went to Adelaide.

Put simply, Keath has been on fire in 2019. Easily one of the Crows' best, maybe even their best defender. Strong intercept marker, gets a lot of the footy and is an excellent rebounder.

Played 18 games for Adelaide this year until he was injured at the end of the season. First an ankle, then a knee.

Clearly Adelaide must be in disarray for Keath to want out.

He also wants a long contract. No problem from our club's point of view. Will happily take one of Adelaide's best, any time of the week.

You don't have to be a genius to work out that our footy club thinks out of contract Alex would be a great fit at CHB.

All the signs point to him joining the Saints.

So where does that leave Jake? Very much out in the cold I am afraid to say.

The club says it is open to trade Carlisle if a suitable place can be found for him.

If he stays, I would expect him to play a lot of footy for Sandringham and to be delisted at the end of next season.

I guess that's football in the modern world.
Jake is one of those freak players that should be in the top 3% in the league, but isn't. He has the ability to be a Rance type defender, a Grundy type ruckman and a Cripps type rover all on the same day, but isn't.

If Jake stays, and I hope we can do this and also get Keath, he needs to be first on the list for discussion with one J Roughead

We used to have a thing at work, where if a slightly 'wayward' (but worthwhile) employee was given a supervisors role, they nearly always improved in that wayward area.

Jake could be traded, or Jake could be captain :idea:

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

We are a massive chance to land Keath

😎
To the top
SS Life Member

The word from those in the know at Adelaide is that they think he is coming St Kilda's way.

The description includes that he has had to work hard to get to where he is at given the change of sports, has a great sense of what will happen next and where the ball will be so good interception.

Has a huge work ethic - Alex Carey in reverse specifically mentioned

Plus he has been really good at the Club and seems to be a quality person.

There is a bit more (as you would expect!) but the drift is covered above.

Supporter opinions from looking over the fence (and based on one action, to boot) are what they are including on here in regard Carlisle.

Unless you have privy to the Club and those in positions of responsibility within the Club, supporter opinions are exactly that.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

i don't doubt carlisle's upside is a fair bit greater than keath's.
i have serious doubts as to whether carlisle will ever consistently reach that upside.
i also think that he is not that favoured as a personality at st kilda - reflected in the club throwing him under the bus over the murphy incident.
perhaps it is more reflective of a weak club, but my take is the former. his body language has been awful and defeatist for much of the year, regardless of playing through pain.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
B.M
Saintsational Legend

The analogy of Greg Chappell makes perfect sense

He had a batting average in the mid 50s at the time, captained Australia and was in the best few batsmen in the world... and had a run of outs, which can happen.

Not sure Carlisle has ever been in the best few players in the AFL, never been a leader and football is an entirely different game. Attitude and effort are important in cricket, but paramount in footy

Use better analogies

To the top
SS Life Member

Try this then

Michael Gardiner

What were you contributing following his recruitment?

As a contributor elsewhere has offered you appear critical in every offering

Perfection must be a bore

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Gardiner

An AA Ruckman when we DIDN’T have a Ruckman for pick 43

Pretty astute trading one would think

He was injured, took two years to play much, but gave up little for him and if he could have recaptured some of his old form... worth the pick.

His attitude, work ethic and leadership whilst at StK was first rate.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Wed 04 Sep 2019 12:22pm We are a massive chance to land Keath
Great work scoop, given it was reported he has undergone a medical with us you'd think its a pretty big chance :idea:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-04/ ... l-imminent

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Just heard from an ITK that we are a massive chance to get someone.

Could be a player from another club and/or a young player in the draft right out of TAC.

Bookmark it!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Deal not over the line guys with Keath
early days
More to come.

😎
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2019 2:05pm Deal not over the line guys with Keath
early days
More to come.
ta. Keep us posted Flamers.....

Cheers

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2019 3:05pm
johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2019 2:05pm Deal not over the line guys with Keath
early days
More to come.

Cheers
No worries man

😎
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2019 4:56pm
SaintPav wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2019 3:05pm
early days
More to come.

Cheers
No worries man
👍

barneyboyz
Club Player

desertsaint wrote: Wed 04 Sep 2019 1:28pm i don't doubt carlisle's upside is a fair bit greater than keath's.
i have serious doubts as to whether carlisle will ever consistently reach that upside.
i also think that he is not that favoured as a personality at st kilda - reflected in the club throwing him under the bus over the murphy incident.
perhaps it is more reflective of a weak club, but my take is the former. his body language has been awful and defeatist for much of the year, regardless of playing through pain.
I put a fair amount of thought to this at the time and concluded that it had more to do with St Kilda's 'social' stances than whether Jake is a quality human being.

That was simply my belief back then and I may have been far off the mark. If true however and I'm right, then winning a premiership has become second to other pursuits, whereby my money is being fraudulently requested and received.

I suspect that more recent events have painted a similar picture of events (that you suggest above) where they might now be looking for said 'bus'???

All is not as it seems down the club, and it might have been that Banger was very close (as Tony suggested), but a more senior person with a fatherly approach might have just been more than needed atm

If Jake catches the bus and others looking for 'Leave' actually stay??? then my money may actually be being spent well afterall, and

I apologise to the club

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The Carlisle scenario was more than likely like this. Youve been cleared to play, so we have 2 choices Jake.
1. come back and trigger your clause and let's get the best trade we can for you. You can cruise through a dozen games, look pretty good, get a few articles about your commitment and skill and we boost your value.
2. we delist you and you take your chances in the FA market with no form after your back surgery.

damienc
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2019 1:04pm Just heard from an ITK that we are a massive chance to get someone.

Could be a player from another club and/or a young player in the draft right out of TAC.

Bookmark it!
You love taking the piss.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 2:09pm
SaintPav wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2019 1:04pm Just heard from an ITK that we are a massive chance to get someone.

Bookmark it!
Problem?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Bookmark it!
Word of advice SaintPav, it may not be in the best interest of the club to be sharing sensitive inside information such as this on an open forum.

Best you delete the above post.

Word is the club contacted Simon and had him shut down the account of a well conecTED ITK who was sharing similar data to your above post.

You have been warned!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
damienc
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 3:18pm
damienc wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 2:09pm

Bookmark it!
Problem?
Not at all. Just sayin.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 4:25pm

Bookmark it!
Word of advice SaintPav, it may not be in the best interest of the club to be sharing sensitive inside information such as this on an open forum.

Best you delete the above post.

Word is the club contacted Simon and had him shut down the account of a well conecTED ITK who was sharing similar data to your above post.

You have been warned!
You’re just jealous aren't you?!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

it's ok guys the forum will have a bit of peace for a while...the troll has been vanquished...again