help needed if you were at the B&F

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mcadam05
Club Player

help needed if you were at the B&F

:| :| :|
Last edited by mcadam05 on Mon 16 Sep 2019 10:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: help needed if you were at the B&F

mcadam05 wrote: Fri 13 Sep 2019 6:33pm need some Info on a player cards sold on the night I'm a very willing buyer if you have any , but I would love just a image of the front and back

Cheers
I would suggest going to a high quality printer and getting a digital image made of the back if you are going to frame it - that is what we do with front and back thing - most of the time you cannot tell the difference.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

sorry bout hijacking your thread 05

did you present the award SD ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 13 Sep 2019 8:40pm sorry bout hijacking your thread 05

lol - just got in - has been hectic - started a new job a week ago and have had to do two payroll days already - lol!!!!

I did get to present the trophy and have a pic - I spoke to Dean Anderson and got kind of official permission to give it to Rowan - as I would imagine there are could be issues with groups going rogue.

Caught up with Rowan between the courses of dinner, had a chat - told him all about us and the voting process etc - and had Sainter_Boy present him with the trophy. He seemed impressed that we went to the trouble and had a trophy made up - but in reality - it is a bit of fun for us all isn't.

Trying to sort out a way to put the pic up (see if this works)

https://ibb.co/QJCtWmP

thought he was stiff not getting the main award - but there you go

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 13 Sep 2019 10:35pm
asiu wrote: Fri 13 Sep 2019 8:40pm sorry bout hijacking your thread 05

lol - just got in - has been hectic - started a new job a week ago and have had to do two payroll days already - lol!!!!

I did get to present the trophy and have a pic - I spoke to Dean Anderson and got kind of official permission to give iuht to Rowan - as I would imagine there are could be issues with groups going rogue.

Caught up with Rowan between the courses of dinner, had a chat - told him all about us and the voting process etc - and had Sainter_Boy present him with the trophy. He seemed impressed that we went to the trouble and had a trophy made up - but in reality - it is a bit of fun for us all isn't.

Trying to sort out a way to put the pic up (see if this works)

https://ibb.co/QJCtWmP

thought he was stiff not getting the main award - but there you go

Seb deserved to win. Rowan a fine runner up.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:D

you pair of leg ends

well done !!

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Just a quick note and report on the Trevor Barker Awards night.

Due to the unforeseen sadness of the week we were never going to get any time, officially, to present the trophy - the voting even appeared to be rushed for the Big Dance - however - that being said - I thought the way the club approached the evening was very good - we all knew that Danny was with us - that much was evidenced even by the number of past players there.

The night got off to a sombre start - but still everyone was grateful of the words from Stewie especially - he spoke well albeit with a hint of losing it in his speech, Harves essentially lost it. He had words, he had emotions and it was raw!
Michael Roberts spent some time with Bourkey and conveyed more about Danny in a less formal method - they seemed to have it sorted to go from a more formal to the less formal and then on to the rest of the night.
I caught up with Rowan before the main thing started, but did not have Sainter_Boy with me - he was off Fan Boying Barry Breen etc.... (On a side note - I caught up with Barry later and he actually remembers the days when I used to sit with him as a toddler whilst some of the guys from the Elsternwick Squash Club played cards - lol - and he named the names that I knew)

After the first course, I caught up with Rowan and asked for him to come over in front of the Trevor Barker Awards backdrop - which he happily did - and I told him about Saintsational, and the voting etcetera. SB then presented him with the trophy, which he seemed more than pleased to get, I do not know whether it meant as much to him as it does to us, or as an official Club one - but it was a thrill to give back to a special player.

Rowan did not get up for the Big One - and whilst romance says it would have been nice - since Ratts has come to the club a different Seb has been on the field - so I for one firmly believe he has been asked to play within himself for team balance (or whatever) and Ratts has let him off the chain for the last stage of the season - so the last 5 games he was always going to poll well - Rowan just could not catch him.

Having said all that - Rowan was humble and accepted the award, chatted with SB and looked pleased to receive it in the pic above. I expect him to win many more awards with his time at St Kilda, but look forward (hopefully soon) to the time when he is not the stand out winner as the rest of the team push to be spoken about in terms of AA selection.
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sat 14 Sep 2019 3:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

― Aristophanes

Sanctorum
Club Player

That is super-impressive Sainter_Dad, living in Brisbane and not getting too involved on this forum I had no idea that Saintsational was into this annual award, it certainly elevates the quality of this forum beyond a lot of the negativity and distasteful banter expressed by a number of contributors on matters St Kilda!

Watching the excerpt of the tributes to Danny Frawley broadcast live on AFL360 on Wednesday night, I thought Stewie Loewe was outstanding - so much so that I feel the club could well consider co-opting his services in some sort of player support programme.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote: Fri 13 Sep 2019 6:33pm need some Info on a player cards sold on the night I'm a very willing buyer if you have any , but I would love just a image of the front and back

Cheers
To get you back on track - have you been able to source another card and/or have the back scanned and reproduced?

― Aristophanes

George27
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Sat 14 Sep 2019 12:04pm That is super-impressive Sainter_Dad, living in Brisbane and not getting too involved on this forum I had no idea that Saintsational was into this annual award, it certainly elevates the quality of this forum beyond a lot of the negativity and distasteful banter expressed by a number of contributors on matters St Kilda!

Watching the excerpt of the tributes to Danny Frawley broadcast live on AFL360 on Wednesday night, I thought Stewie Loewe was outstanding - so much so that I feel the club could well consider co-opting his services in some sort of player support programme.
Sanctorum - keep an eye out for the voting each week next season, and contribute your votes too. I usually try to open the voting thread straight after the game ( if I am away, Kosi will normally kindly step in and kick it off ). Sainter Dad gives each of us 15 votes to play with - usually we all go 5,4,3,2,1, but you can do variations eg if you want to squeeze in a 6th player. Then Sainter Dad tabulates all our votes and gives the resultant 5,4,3,2,1 for that week.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sat 14 Sep 2019 12:04pm That is super-impressive Sainter_Dad, living in Brisbane and not getting too involved on this forum I had no idea that Saintsational was into this annual award, it certainly elevates the quality of this forum beyond a lot of the negativity and distasteful banter expressed by a number of contributors on matters St Kilda!

Hey Sanctorum - just to get you up to speed

Past Winners are:

2008: Nick Riewoldt
2009: Lenny Hayes
2010: Lenny Hayes and Brendon Goddard
2011: Nick Dal Santo
2012: Lenny Hayes
2013: Leigh Montagna
2014: Lenny Hayes
2015: Jack Steven
2016: Jack Steven
2017: Seb Ross
2018: Jack Steven
2019: Rowan Marshall

― Aristophanes

Sanctorum
Club Player

Thanks SD, I'll get the small group of Saints supporters that I meet with twice weekly over coffee to get on board next year.

For what it s worth we are all quite positive with the direction the club is taking, Ratten to coach, bringing in Hannebery and Hill to add some class and elite experience, so much looking forward to a strong 2020.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 15 Sep 2019 10:56am Thanks SD, I'll get the small group of Saints supporters that I meet with twice weekly over coffee to get on board next year.

For what it s worth we are all quite positive with the direction the club is taking, Ratten to coach, bringing in Hannebery and Hill to add some class and elite experience, so much looking forward to a strong 2020.
We also pitch in $20.00 for shares in sponsoring a player - it brings some interest to the player and some sense of engagement with the forum - if you are interested the post will be made early next year with the details.

― Aristophanes

mcadam05
Club Player

Wow thanks everyone , for taking a very simple (so I thought)question and just filling up this thread with off topic piles of crap