Alex Keath

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Pundit
Club Player

Re: Alex Keath

The dominos might fall quickly once Kelly makes a move.

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Pundit wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:22am The dominos might fall quickly once Kelly makes a move.
Agreed. A lot hinges on this move.

😎
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Pundit wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:21am
Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:16am
Pundit wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:07am
fugazi wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 9:51am Max King for GC picks 1 and 2?
Keep Bruce
Add Hill

3 gun midfielders added for price of pick 5 & an untried forward?
Now this is getting more sensible. Max King to the Gold Coast has been floated by the club from a very reliable source I have close to the GCS. Not for two high picks as you suggest but definitely 2 first rounders.

The twins get to play together and the Saints get to pull in much higher end midfilders.

The Saints get to demonstrate they are willing to be cold and emotionless in thier approach to strengthening the list and winning a flag.
I toured Metricon last Thursday with my son, also spoke at length with their development officers.

They are confident of getting #2 and know who they will draft with #1. #2 definitely on the table for trading.

Their development net is spread through the whole coast and any athlete in any sport who could convert to AFL gets an academy offer.

I reckon they’d part with #2 for Max or do a deal with Adelaide for their two first rounders but #1 will not be involved.
It won't surprise me if Max is the shock trade. What did you think of Metricon and the facilities around the ground?
it's actually an amazing stadium and it's surrounds are excellent. Not sure they could've built anything better TBH. It's just pox for fans to get to location-wise - it's a trains and shuttle bus from Nerang type set-up. Bloody difficult to park - that's for sure.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Pundit
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 12:03pm
Keep Bruce
Add Hill

Now this is getting more sensible. Max King to the Gold Coast has been floated by the club from a very reliable source I have close to the GCS. Not for two high picks as you suggest but definitely 2 first rounders.

The twins get to play together and the Saints get to pull in much higher end midfilders.

The Saints get to demonstrate they are willing to be cold and emotionless in thier approach to strengthening the list and winning a flag.
I toured Metricon last Thursday with my son, also spoke at length with their development officers.

They are confident of getting #2 and know who they will draft with #1. #2 definitely on the table for trading.

Their development net is spread through the whole coast and any athlete in any sport who could convert to AFL gets an academy offer.

I reckon they’d part with #2 for Max or do a deal with Adelaide for their two first rounders but #1 will not be involved.
It won't surprise me if Max is the shock trade. What did you think of Metricon and the facilities around the ground?
it's actually an amazing stadium and it's surrounds are excellent. Not sure they could've built anything better TBH. It's just pox for fans to get to location-wise - it's a trains and shuttle bus from Nerang type set-up. Bloody difficult to park - that's for sure.
Lots of funding from Comm Games helped. The parking is ok most games accross the road if you are happy to pay 20 large but really Nerang station is the beat park because you get the free shuttle bus if you are too fat and lazy to take the 15 walk in glorious sunshine.

Max and Ben are going to love living there. 😎

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Fellas, Max is a mad Saints fan as is his brother and family. They are Bayside locals and Bytel is one of their best mates! They are very big on family and want to play for the Saints where they grew up.

Why would Max want to go to a s*** and AFL run club on the Gold Coast and hang out with the local population where every second person is either an outlaw bikie, a tatooed steroid gym freak or dolled up chick with fake boobs?

Think about it.

😎
Pundit
Club Player

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 12:55pm Fellas, Max is a mad Saints fan as is his brother and family. They are Bayside locals and Bytel is one of their best mates! They are very big on family and want to play for the Saints where they grew up.

Why would Max want to go to a s*** and AFL run club on the Gold Coast and hang out with the local population where every second person is either an outlaw bikie, a tatooed steroid gym freak or dolled up chick with fake boobs?

Think about it.
You ever been north of the Murray River? And you make it sound like the King boys get all the say just coz they fans, you do realise the AFL is a multi billion dollar franchise and the GCS will not fail. GWS are close to giving some AFL big wigs some hefty performance bonuses, and the same fat catz will be keen to also cash in thier GCS bonus chips.

Remind yourself who our boss of football is and his awesome connection to City Hall, him and some other bloke with a name that rhymes with Grubby are now pulling the strings of the puppets.

King boys will go where big business dictates it's best interests are served. They can always come back to the basyside to retire once they have cleaned up all da cash and continue their boyhood love affair with the Saints.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Keep Bruce
Add Hill

Hard for me to comment on GC facilities, it was very impressive to a layman but for comparison the only other AFL Facility I’ve toured was Seaford which I found a underwhelming, so it was difficult to judge.

They are still doing a number of training programs & services off site at locations such as Bond, I assume the likes of Collingwood are all in-house.

In general the sporting facilities on GC have an American theme in that they are school or Uni based but absolutely phenomenal. Somerset College sporting precinct embarrasses the big Melbourne private schools with an IAAF running track, 50 x 25mt Olympic pool and 15,000 sq Mt gym facility.

I have a couple of kids who go to school in the GC due to their sport hence I spend a lot of time there.

If they manage their academy well and capture the south QLD talent pool their future will be secure. AFL juniors is flying on the coast, if they grab every talented junior and sign them up (which is what they are doing) they have an old fashioned zone with massive growth potential.

People who can’t see the Suns having a future have not seen the junior footy growth, even APS schools that were union traditionalist have AFL teams and programs.

Including my son I am aware of academy invites to 4 kids who have either not played footy for 3-4 years or have never played. All 4 are playing other sports at elite level or AIS based.

Can’t see the saints letting King go, but as I wrote above if they did a deal that secured two top ten picks from Adelaide and could lure Max it would be win win.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Pundit
Club Player

JB your sons must enjoy hanging with outlaw bikies, tatooed steroid gym freaks and dolled up chicks with fake boobs?

Yeah I spend a bit of time there myself. Do you know Mt Nathan, it's about a 20 minute drive to Metricon, lots of GGs in the area.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 12:55pm Fellas, Max is a mad Saints fan as is his brother and family. They are Bayside locals and Bytel is one of their best mates! They are very big on family and want to play for the Saints where they grew up.

Think about it.
OK parkeyTedflamingo, you are referencing a 1klm square radius around Cavil ave and assuming the whole coast is like that. If you hang out in the arse end of any city you’re gunna smell s***. Do you judge the Mornington Peninsula by going to the Grand in Frankston?

I live 30% of the year on the river in Sorrento (Bundall) and its one of the greatest places to live in Australia.

I’m in the Mornington Peninsula in Vic and Homebush NSW for the balance but let me tell you GC for lifestyle, property quality and job opportunity for young adults is phenomenal.

Do some research and stop yourself looking so foolish.

BTW, this whole I grew up supporting the club so I’ll play for them only cuts it with supporters. Opportunity to play, chance of success, playing in big games (like Anzac Day) & cash are the factors.

Playing with close mates and brothers in your home state close to family is also a factor.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Pundit wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:11pm JB your sons must enjoy hanging with outlaw bikies, tatooed steroid gym freaks and dolled up chicks with fake boobs?

Yeah I spend a bit of time there myself. Do you know Mt Nathan, it's about a 20 minute drive to Metricon, lots of GGs in the area.
Heard a lot about Mt Nathan, but never been.
Nice wineries as well from what I’m told.

I’m in Bundall, love it this time of the year except the midges around 5-6pm.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Pundit wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 12:06pm
Saintmatt wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 12:03pm
Keep Bruce
Add Hill

Lots of funding from Comm Games helped. The parking is ok most games accross the road if you are happy to pay 20 large but really Nerang station is the beat park because you get the free shuttle bus if you are too fat and lazy to take the 15 walk in glorious sunshine.

Max and Ben are going to love living there. 😎
3 minutes by jet ski for me 👍
Just nowhere to park the skis.

I’ve heard there is a shuttle that runs from Carrara market but haven’t seen it.

Parking wasn’t an issue in 2019, the crowds weren’t exactly queuing to get in.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Pundit wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:11pm JB your sons must enjoy hanging with outlaw bikies, tatooed steroid gym freaks and dolled up chicks with fake boobs?
No, but I do 😎

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Yes, the Gold Coast is such a cultured, modern, forward thinking and historical place...🙄

All those people I described all live a 1 mile radius with eachother...😂

😎
aaron82
Club Player

Absolutely agree on the whole “Mad arse supporter of a club” meaning stuff all.

Look at Tom Lynch for example. As one eyed pies supporter as you could find but when he had a choice of club back to Melbourne he went Richmond as the $$$$ and term of contract was more rewarding not to mention marketing exposure & a chance to win premierships.

I would not trade out Max King as I think he will be a generational type player but he may see a future on the Gold Coast with a massive contract, playing with his brother & all of the other gun players they are about to land.

The GC are being set up so they cannot fail & this could very well appeal to big Max

and that's the bottom line
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Unlikely we would trade max king let alone for picks 1 & or 2. It's stupid. On behalf of gold coast. Untried pick four is now worth higher picks. Coast aren't that stupid plus Ben king has not re signed so he will depart next season for Melbourne and will nominate us for sure. Bruce goes king stays

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

😎
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the link 👍

Pundit
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:19pm

Heard a lot about Mt Nathan, but never been.
Nice wineries as well from what I’m told.

I’m in Bundall, love it this time of the year except the midges around 5-6pm.
There sure is and it's within walking distance from a place I stay at regularly...makes life rosy :D

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Keath nominates Dogs.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Get f***ed then.

Never really wanted him anyway.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
longtimesaint
Club Player

I think we have enough intercept marking with Robbo, Wilkie Carlisle and Clavarino.
There is also Battle who may go forward next year,

One year will be our year
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Thought he would have been a good get. Disappointed a bit.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we'll keep Brown for another year.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote: Thu 26 Sep 2019 5:53pm Thought he would have been a good get. Disappointed a bit.
Agreed. Just a bit.

But - I thought he was very important if Carlisle left and also, if Robbo retired. However, with one definitely staying and the other likely to press-on - the requirement for Keath is much less so.

The only thing is that the Dogs become seriously good if they get Keath at the back and Bruce up front. :roll:

Go you red, black & white warriors
BadRossco
Club Player

Maybe Alex Keath believes the Bulldogs have a but more upside than as and at the moment who could argue that he is wrong especially if we are so keen to move players like Josh Bruce on.