Parker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Parker

Parker is hard at the contest, but was probably not going to settle in his first season with us, and needed a lot of work on his defensive game off the ball. Same goes for Long defensively and both players need to do a hell of a lot more. Kent is better than both presuming he will recover from injury ok. I think the medium size forward role is still open for the right player and that's why Butler is getting interest.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Re: Parker

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 09 Oct 2019 4:31pm While Parker and Kent combined for 30 games and about that many goals, which doesn't sound too bad, the amount of hype we built around them didn't do them any favours, unless heaven forbid, they were favoured in selection due partly to it.
I only ask, which potential players did those 30 games keep out and what chances for growth were missed? White? And would we be any better off now?
Parker might be a star...or so we all say. Do you really see it?
Certainly after White's afternoon up forward and return from injury I would have had them both in the team as forwards. White showed a bit that day.

Parker did pretty well first-up I think considering the challenges he would have faced. I loved his aggression at the opposition early which dropped off a bit, but he is well worth keeping

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: