2020: Let's Own It

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Re: 2020: Let's Own It

n1ck wrote: Wed 12 Feb 2020 3:56pm
The Linton Street Flash wrote: Tue 11 Feb 2020 2:47pm
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 11 Feb 2020 10:47am
The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sun 09 Feb 2020 9:28am
n1ck wrote: Fri 07 Feb 2020 5:22pm Unpluggered Podcast: Footy's back at Moorabbin!

Just days out from the first official match of the St Kilda FC Women in their inaugural AFLW season, the boys discuss the list build of the St Kilda FCW team and the makeup of Conference B in 2020, the Saints finals chances in year one, and of course, the big Round 1 clash with the Western Bulldogs girls, coached by none other than former St Kilda legend, Nathan Burke.

LISTEN: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=570827
OR:
SPOTIFY: spoti.fi/33tLtSI
APPLE: apple.co/2CnLJqD
GOOGLE: bit.ly/unpluggeredgoogle
CRINGE!!! - Peta Searle must have got Brett Kirk to write her speech - Richo may have assisted!

While I'm at it, what's the story with the Unpluggered podcast? To my knowledge it's not an official podcast put out by the club, yet it's so goddamn bland and lacklustre, without even the remotest semblance of originality, that you'd swear it was.

Good on them I suppose for going to the effort of doing a podcast, but if your podcast ambitions are to simply churn out a beige imitation of what's already served up ad nauseam on commercial radio, why bother?

It's such a shame the Saints Disco podcast fizzled out, those guys were actually pretty good, they had their own shtick and a bit of flair and didn't mind if they said stuff that went against the official club mantra.

These Unpluggered blokes tow the official line to the point that renders the whole thing dreary and pointless.

If you're reading this Unpluggered fellas, ffs take the time to pull together a pre-production meeting and throw around a few ORIGINAL ideas - asking a player his "favourite movie" or "most annoying teammate" or "favourite meal", is done to death and is just plain sad.

Seriously guys, if your goal was to create a show that sounds like something that SEN might throw together at midnight on a Tuesday morning, then you've nailed it, if it was to create content for Saints fans, that might contribute something fresh and unique in a very saturated market, then I hate to say it, but MASSIVE FAIL!
You're a killjoy aren't you. In an age where more content about your club is generally more desirable than less - you want to tear it down? Unpluggered is basically 3 Saints loving mates sitting around and talking about the club with the odd interview. If you think it's bland - listen to the corporate rubbish the club puts out. That podcast is horrendous - you learn more reading this forum than on there.

Instead of asking "what's the story with the Unpluggered podcast?"- why don;t you just use that Google thing and find out yourself. Like here maybe ... https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/unpluggered You'll quickly find out what it is and that it's unofficial.

BTW - take a listen to some of the prior episides - in particular the interviews with Barry Breen on Cowboy's ill health and the one with our pro scout in the trade review episode. If you think they are bland and lacklustre - you must live a seriously exciting life. Outside of here of course
Hey Saint Matt, before we go any further can you please answer these questions?

What is your favourite movie?

Who is your favourite band?

Can you please tell us your most annoying teammate/family member/friend?

Cheers cobber,
Linty!
Lol, we've only ever asked those questions to the AFLW girls because we wanted to help introduce who they were as people a little bit, to more mainstream Saints fans who listen who are much more used to knowing alot more about the personalities of the male players because they are much more high profile. In previous episodes we've gone much deeper into current state and the guests we 're able to access.

Most fans wouldn't have heard of Kate Shierlaw or Liv Vesely before a couple of weeks ago so the goal was to get the girls to show abit of personality and individuality rather than same old "how do you think we'll go on the weekend?" "well, we just want to go get the 4 points..."

It was 60 seconds of the podcast, but please go on... :D
I dont think you're really getting the point Nick, but anyhoo, I've said my bit and I don't have much more to say.

What I will say though is that I've heard just about every episode thus far, and most likely I'll keep listening - why? because I'm a freak and I can't hear enough about the Saints.

But make of this what you will... currently your show is about as dull as a podcast can be - like I said before, good effort for getting off your bums and putting something together, but really, is this as good as you've got?

Go Saints!

Look again it's the Flash!!
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

n1ck wrote: Fri 07 Feb 2020 5:22pm Unpluggered Podcast: Footy's back at Moorabbin!

Just days out from the first official match of the St Kilda FC Women in their inaugural AFLW season, the boys discuss the list build of the St Kilda FCW team and the makeup of Conference B in 2020, the Saints finals chances in year one, and of course, the big Round 1 clash with the Western Bulldogs girls, coached by none other than former St Kilda legend, Nathan Burke.

OR:
CRINGE!!! - Peta Searle must have got Brett Kirk to write her speech - Richo may have assisted!

While I'm at it, what's the story with the Unpluggered podcast? To my knowledge it's not an official podcast put out by the club, yet it's so goddamn bland and lacklustre, without even the remotest semblance of originality, that you'd swear it was.

Good on them I suppose for going to the effort of doing a podcast, but if your podcast ambitions are to simply churn out a beige imitation of what's already served up ad nauseam on commercial radio, why bother?

It's such a shame the Saints Disco podcast fizzled out, those guys were actually pretty good, they had their own shtick and a bit of flair and didn't mind if they said stuff that went against the official club mantra.

These Unpluggered blokes tow the official line to the point that renders the whole thing dreary and pointless.

If you're reading this Unpluggered fellas, ffs take the time to pull together a pre-production meeting and throw around a few ORIGINAL ideas - asking a player his "favourite movie" or "most annoying teammate" or "favourite meal", is done to death and is just plain sad.

Seriously guys, if your goal was to create a show that sounds like something that SEN might throw together at midnight on a Tuesday morning, then you've nailed it, if it was to create content for Saints fans, that might contribute something fresh and unique in a very saturated market, then I hate to say it, but MASSIVE FAIL!
You're a killjoy aren't you. In an age where more content about your club is generally more desirable than less - you want to tear it down? Unpluggered is basically 3 Saints loving mates sitting around and talking about the club with the odd interview. If you think it's bland - listen to the corporate rubbish the club puts out. That podcast is horrendous - you learn more reading this forum than on there.

Instead of asking "what's the story with the Unpluggered podcast?"- why don;t you just use that Google thing and find out yourself. Like here maybe ... https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/unpluggered You'll quickly find out what it is and that it's unofficial.

BTW - take a listen to some of the prior episides - in particular the interviews with Barry Breen on Cowboy's ill health and the one with our pro scout in the trade review episode. If you think they are bland and lacklustre - you must live a seriously exciting life. Outside of here of course

Cheers cobber,
Linty!
Lol, we've only ever asked those questions to the AFLW girls because we wanted to help introduce who they were as people a little bit, to more mainstream Saints fans who listen who are much more used to knowing alot more about the personalities of the male players because they are much more high profile. In previous episodes we've gone much deeper into current state and the guests we 're able to access.

Most fans wouldn't have heard of Kate Shierlaw or Liv Vesely before a couple of weeks ago so the goal was to get the girls to show abit of personality and individuality rather than same old "how do you think we'll go on the weekend?" "well, we just want to go get the 4 points..."

I dont think you're really getting the point Nick, but anyhoo, I've said my bit and I don't have much more to say.

What I will say though is that I've heard just about every episode thus far, and most likely I'll keep listening - why? because I'm a freak and I can't hear enough about the Saints.

But make of this what you will... currently your show is about as dull as a podcast can be - like I said before, good effort for getting off your bums and putting something together, but really, is this as good as you've got?

I can barely contain my excitement thinking about the upcoming Soft Cap/DOS episode (whatever the f@#k they are) - BRING IT ON!!! :roll:

Go Saints!

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Wed 12 Feb 2020 7:53pm

I can barely contain my excitement thinking about the upcoming Soft Cap/DOS episode (whatever the f@#k they are) - BRING IT ON!!! :roll:

Go Saints!
ironic

outside66
Club Player

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Wed 12 Feb 2020 7:50pm

OR:

Cheers cobber,
Linty!

Go Saints!
Geez, who pissed in your corn flakes bloke? You've obviously only listened to one episode (which was great IMO and I'm pretty sure the ONLY Saints podcast to feature our AFLW players)... These blokes don't need feedback from jealous jeffrey's like yourself. Their product is fantastic, and they actually get people on who provide interesting insight - both within and from outside of the club.

If you don't like it, then start up your own "perfect" Saints podcast.

Keep it up "Unpluggered" boys. It is legitimately the only podcast I get excited about!

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

[quote=outside66 post_id

“It is legitimately the only podcast I get excited about!”

Lol - says it all really!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So Footscray got pumped last night by the Dees.

AFLW games are a lottery so maybe we can beat Radelaide on their dung heap where ever it is (hopefully not near the bodies in the barrels)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
diddley
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Sat 15 Feb 2020 7:14am So Footscray got pumped last night by the Dees.

AFLW games are a lottery so maybe we can beat Radelaide on their dung heap where ever it is (hopefully not near the bodies in the barrels)
They are playing at Richmond Oval in Adelaide. Just west of the centre of the city. (You can rest easy, the barrels were in Snowtown, about 150kms north {about the same as St Kilda to Bendigo}, and cleaned up about 20 years ago)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Sat 15 Feb 2020 7:52am
saintspremiers wrote: Sat 15 Feb 2020 7:14am So Footscray got pumped last night by the Dees.

They are playing at Richmond Oval in Adelaide. Just west of the centre of the city. (You can rest easy, the barrels were in Snowtown, about 150kms north {about the same as St Kilda to Bendigo}, and cleaned up about 20 years ago)
Hey, if we can’t have a joke at Adelaide’s expense, then humour is dead in the water.

I have been told from a proud Adelaide boy that SA is the only settler free state in the country - so at least it wasn’t founded by convicts!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.