Marsh 2 Game thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Re: Marsh 2 Game thread

The Fireman wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 3:01pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 2:55pm
The Fireman wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 2:48pm You overplayed "the coughing it up tag " Baz ...pure and simple...

It's ok to admit error on here Baz.
I don't think I did at all.

If you interpreted 'cough it up' to mean 'directly turn it over', then I could see how you would disagree.

But if you interpret it as 'missing targets', and 'lacking precision when in possession' (which is how it was intended) then you'd be completely wrong to disagree with it.
It's ok to be wrong..I watched the first half again..he was excellent and your negativity unfounded, I'm sorry mate but I can't take you seriously from here on out.
Cheers.
You don't need to be sorry about it.

We obviously have different views on excellence.

That's Ok.

DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

Re: Marsh 2 Game thread

Here is my take on Marsh Round 2. But it's just an opinion, and I may have misjudged some contributions

Steele. I thought he was sensational. He is just a midfield beast.

Long. Was excellent as a HB. Got a lot of the footy and was creative. He’s now become likely for R1. Not sure if he had an opponent. Like to see more of his work before giving him a full tick.

Dunstan. Continues to get the ball and loves the contest. In the team.

Hill. Seems to be able to play wherever he wants. Gets a lot of possessions. Class

Jones. An excellent pickup. Tough and an inside mid with a great tank

Howard. Big improver on first game. Strong in the air. Lacks some flexibility especially in kicking.

Marshall. Is a tough ruckman. Very competitive wherever he is.

Roberton. Did enough, but spots are not cemented.

Battle. Should have had more time on ground. Looks a natural at CHF. Clean mark and a good kick

King. Excellent first half. Strong marking and pretty good at ground level. Goal kicking can improve.

Hanneberry. A skilled player. Inside player who did what he had to.

Lonie. Missed an easy one but shows he is dangerous. Will play

Bllings. Got a fair bit of it and was more creative in second half. But needs to become damaging.

Membrey. Took plenty of grabs often up the field. Didn’t kick as well in front of goal.

Wilkie. There is pressure on the backs to produce. Played well.

Geary. Didn’t get a lot of it but showed his coolness and leadership when required.

Ryder. Serviceable. Definitely gives Marshall a chop out. Took some marks. He’s a watch and see.

Clark. Got quite a bit of it. Still developing. Kicking is not always good. Likely play R1

Butler. A little disappointing. Just needed to get the ball a bit more. Can be damaging. I think he’ll be picked R1

Sinclair. Quiet. Ratten likes clean players and he is that. But may find himself out of R1 team.

Coffield. Looked like he only played a quarter. But was certainly OK.

Kent. Sometimes fine, but inconsistent.

Phillips. Tried hard and was quite effective.

Paton. Concern over his kicking. Can get the footy.