Max King and Round 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Re: Max King and Round 1

BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 5:02pm
The Fireman wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 4:41pm

please point out when he made those indiscretions I saw one. Can you access the game ?
Ok - so my post wasn't ambiguous? Glad we've cleared that up.

You instead disagree with me. That's fine. Very different from ambiguity though.

I don't have access to the game, but would like to watch it again as I haven't seen the 2nd half. Although in reality, watching replays of praccy matches is generally for fans far more hardcore than me.
Don't have access to the game, but would like to watch it again, as I haven't seen the 2nd half....scratches head. Yet so forthright, still scratching head.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 5:02pm.

I don't have access to the game, but would like to watch it again as I haven't seen the 2nd half..
It’s free on the AFL site.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
BarryGrogan
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 6:33pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 5:02pm.

I don't have access to the game, but would like to watch it again as I haven't seen the 2nd half..
It’s free on the AFL site.
Is it? Can you post a link? I might check it out when I get a chance.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

asiu
Saintsational Legend

good work kos

bewdy

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 5:06am
SAINT-LEE wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 7:56pm Remember St Nick in Round #15 2001?

3 Kicks
1 Mark
1 Behind.

$1000 says King betters that in his debut.
The context is significantly different. We were a basket case and Roo probably was the biggest stat gatherer that match. A coach got sacked after that game and Roo hardly came up in conversation. He was afforded development time with 44 other players for a few years after that.

We are expected to beat North and play finals.

If Maxy puts in a shocker and we lose to North it could be terrible for his confidence.

I put in the vhs and rewatched the match, that's why I commented.
It was rough, "Darren Harmin Us" kicked 6 on a weak defender, the Crows had a gold star midfield.

Aaron Hamill had a decent game with 2 goals 1, Barry Hall had 8 marks and 3 goals.
Believe it or not Gehrig was beat like a drum and didn't get a single point. The mid field was poor no doubt and the defense quite painful with only Andrew Thompson and Steven Baker playing decent - but not great.

The thing that shocked me was Roo was terrible, it wasn't just the poor supply. He over ran the play, was out of position, sprayed kicks, missed a few easy grabs...he looked like a rusty nail after 14 weeks injured.
So I'm sure King can do better than Roo did in that first game not just because the training, preparation, medical and actual game is all different, but because we do have a great midfield and a ruckman who is interested ( Everitt looked like he couldn't be bothered).
Max isn't coming off 14 weeks from a serious injury, he's had a strong preseason and game time.

I don't think though that Max having a shocker and us losing would be any more impacting than round 15 was on Roo....

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

yep well done Kos , Baz will now be able to explain to everyone on here when Ben Long was coughing it up pretty badly in the first half...when he gets the chance.

Looking forward to it Baz.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 6:56am yep well done Kos , Baz will now be able to explain to everyone on here when Ben Long was coughing it up pretty badly in the first half...when he gets the chance.

Looking forward to it Baz.
Just managed to watch the 1st quarter again. Not sure why you're so obsessed by this topic, but.....

12:02
Hesitated D50 and ended up choosing the poor option of giving a handball to Hill who was under pressure, which resulted in the ball going out of bounds.

11:35
Terrible handball under no pressure at Dunstan’s ankles resulted in turnover

8:26
Gave away a free kick in marking contest coming out of our F50

7:15
Direct turnover by foot under no pressure coming out of D50

So he actually directly coughed it up 3 times in the 1st quarter, and indirectly once by causing a boundary throw-in by choosing a poor option whilst we had possession in D50.

For a defender, that's borderline disastrous. Precision is critical in that role. Turning it over 3 times in a quarter in a real game will kill us.

And I haven't even rewatched the 2nd quarter yet.

Are you satisfied FFS? How does this work now? Do you issue a grovelling apology or something?

Or do you just quietly accept that I was right and STFU?

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Just watched the early stages of the 2nd quarter (up to what I saw on the weekend)...

17:35

Bad fumble under minimal pressure when running onto loose ball

17:15

Lost feet when in possession. Potential clearing kick ended up becoming a handball to a player under pressure instead

Surely we can close the book on this nonsense now??

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Can you please check those times again please. none of them match up

I\ Close the book? if peeps come on here talking rubbish they must be made accountable.

If anyone else on here would like to scrutinise Barry's poor account of Ben Longs game , please do.

I have just about had it with him.

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 11:24am Can you please check those times again please. none of them match up

I\ Close the book? if peeps come on here talking rubbish they must be made accountable.

If anyone else on here would like to scrutinise Barry's poor account of Ben Longs game , please do.

According to Champion Data Long was our 6h best player

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
BarryGrogan
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 11:24am Can you please check those times again please. none of them match up

Terrible apology.

And cut out the cowardice. It's pathetic. Trying to rally the troops to supoort you. f***** hell. That's shameful.

YOU disagreed with my opinion. I provided specific examples of why I formed that opinion.

The examples are factual. Not open for debate. They happened. Full stop. It's there on video.

You shiuld have accepted option B and just STFU before you delve further into embarrassment.

Seriously...'hey guys! Can someone jump in and help be mean to someone cause they proved me wrong?! Please help me!'

Pathetic. You started this s***.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 11:52am

Terrible apology.

And cut out the cowardice. It's pathetic. Trying to rally the troops to supoort you. f***** hell. That's shameful.

YOU disagreed with my opinion. I provided specific examples of why I formed that opinion.

The examples are factual. Not open for debate. They happened. Full stop. It's there on video.

You shiuld have accepted option B and just STFU before you delve further into embarrassment.

Seriously...'hey guys! Can someone jump in and help be mean to someone cause they proved me wrong?! Please help me!'

can you please recheck those times, they don't seem to matchup.

and try to calm down

BarryGrogan
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 12:00pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 11:52am

Terrible apology.

can you please recheck those times, they don't seem to matchup.

and try to calm down
I'm sure your remote can move forwards or backwards a few seconds if required.

The exact time is largley irrelevant. All I said was "I only saw the first half and he was coughing it up pretty badly (as was everyone else though to be fair)."

The examples I provided are clear cases of that.

There's nothing left to debate. The only debate is whether you think it's a problem that a defender coughs it up 5 times in a quarter and a bit.

But if I were you, I'd just STFU and accept that my opinion had merit.

Or, you could continue to try to round up some support to try to get you out of your flailing position on this.

i reckin I know what you'll do.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

please recheck those times ...they are no where near the incidents you speak of.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 12:18pm please recheck those times ...they are no where near the incidents you speak of.
Ok, I accept your apology.

Any other petty arguments you want to drag up that I can slam you with?

Usually I couldn't be bothered with this s***. But cause you were being a dick and kept going on trying to get the 'gotcha moment' you deserve everything you got.

This forum just doesn't need this garbage.

<1 DAY BAN FOR COMMENTING NEGATIVELY ON A POSTER>

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

ok so you aren't going to show us all your pearls of wisdom... please show the real times because I want to see how you down played one of the finest pieces of defence I've seen in ages.

This forum doesn't need crappy input by know it all know nothings :)

<1 DAY BAN FOR COMMENTING NEGATIVELY ON A POSTER>

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 2:03pm
No Howard misses out as we will be too tall otherwise. Remember I have Jake, Josh and Wilkie in. Another tall makes us too tall and those three have earnt their spot for R1. If Ben Brown doesn't play then we definitely won't be going too tall.

I have Ryder and Marshall rotating in the FWD line. Kent doesn't get a game for R1. He's got a battle on his hands to get in the side.

Fagan has the same problem at the lions, got new recruits but they can't all fit in the side. Howard will get his opportunity.
After the Marsh 2 game does Howard still miss your round 1 team?

For mine Howard was clearly the best tall defender on the ground and his kicking was extremely good.
I loved that play where he won the free then kicked to Hannebery, to Membrey to Lonie along the boundary for goal.

Howard showed the pace to go with De Goey on the lead and made lots of contests with a big spoil.

I think the club would be quietly excited after Marsh round 2 about Howard and how he enters the season.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 12:32pm
No Howard misses out as we will be too tall otherwise. Remember I have Jake, Josh and Wilkie in. Another tall makes us too tall and those three have earnt their spot for R1. If Ben Brown doesn't play then we definitely won't be going too tall.

I have Ryder and Marshall rotating in the FWD line. Kent doesn't get a game for R1. He's got a battle on his hands to get in the side.

Fagan has the same problem at the lions, got new recruits but they can't all fit in the side. Howard will get his opportunity.

For mine Howard was clearly the best tall defender on the ground and his kicking was extremely good.
I loved that play where he won the free then kicked to Hannebery, to Membrey to Lonie along the boundary for goal.

Howard showed the pace to go with De Goey on the lead and made lots of contests with a big spoil.

I think the club would be quietly excited after Marsh round 2 about Howard and how he enters the season.
Howard has been harshly judged by reactionaries on this forum based on 2 poor kicks in the first Marsh Series match. His all round effort and kicking on Sunday looked pretty good to me.

Two bad shanks does not define a season!

Saint supporter since '62
asiu
Saintsational Legend

watching the first half of a praccy match in qld
(even delayed a tad)
where we beat the maggots is manna from heaven

ta kos
(thats what i was saying thanx for)

fell asleep in the third
... but i’ll get there

asiu
Saintsational Legend

ps

i need a bigger phone

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I suspect Baz is using the quarter count down clock, not the video count up clock.

I looked at the first one 12:02 to go in the first, but I think it was an overly harsh judgement on Long. Hill was under no real pressure IMHO.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Kos I’ll check that out

Secret Kiel
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 2:38pm

I suspect Baz is using the quarter count down clock, not the video count up clock.

I looked at the first one 12:02 to go in the first, but I think it was an overly harsh judgement on Long. Hill was under no real pressure IMHO.
Correct, I watched it and the other examples Baz gave and I concluded Baz's definition of "coughed up" was the same as his definition of a "pack mark" and his claim he watched Max King play school boys and that Google and Amazon were not interested in the AFL media rights.

He's also on the record as saying he never attends any games and barely watches our games on the TV.

The pattern is clear.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 12:32pm

So my logic is Carslise, Battle and Wilkie are in front of him, yes Dougal played better in the 2nd game but someone has to miss out.

Having said that I'll be on his bandwagon if he gets picked so don't for one minute think I don't want him in the team, it's just someone has to miss out as we can't go too tall.

You do realise you'll still be able to wear your badge to the game if he doesn't get picked.