Tom backs brother Paddy McCartin to return to footy in 2021

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom backs brother Paddy McCartin to return to footy in 2021

I cant see Paddy returning and he he did, he would be a fool.

To the top
SS Life Member

As with life, playing footy comes with risks to players

Think Neil Sachse

Then with cricket think Phillip Hughes

Then with going about your life think Peter Motley

And currently we are all at risk due to a virus infecting and killing the numbers it is Globally

Ratts has put it perfectly

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 10:37pm As with life, playing footy comes with risks to players

Think Neil Sachse

Then with cricket think Phillip Hughes

Then with going about your life think Peter Motley

And currently we are all at risk due to a virus infecting and killing the numbers it is Globally

Ratts has put it perfectly
Don't agree with your examples at all To the Top.

- Neil did not have a history of spinal injuries prior to his terrible accident.
- Phillip Hughes did not have a history of concussion or head ion juries (unlike Will Petrovski) prior to his extremely unlucky incident
- Peter Motely is was in a car accident so is irrelevant to Paddys case

Paddy has reported 8 concussions since 2014
Paddy has had serious consequences from those incidents that affect his ability to live and function normally
The last incident causing concussion seemed to be quite a minor hit in the scheme of AFL contact

Yes Ratten is correct though he was at pains to reiterate the point, if the medical professionals pass Paddy fit to play and the AFL and a club take a chance on him good luck to the lad.

Like all on on here I wish him the best, but even as a layman who has no medical training and has only read about CTE and concussion I would think his chances of another opportunity at AFL level to be extremely thin.

Nixons comments on Frawley below:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 33833135b1

Ricky Nixon has finally come to grips with not saving mate and former client Danny Frawley but wishes he could have done more to help his downward spiral.

Nixon is adamant Frawley’s mental health battles and deterioration were related to on-field concussions.

The former Saints player was beside Frawley when he was knocked out for four minutes in 1988.

The pioneering player agent spent time in hospital with his own mental health relapse last year after three friends, including Frawley, took their own lives in a week.

He told the Herald Sun’s Sacked podcast he witnessed Frawley’s erratic behaviour first-hand but after advice from ex-footballer and broadcaster Rex Hunt, he has been able to stop blaming himself.

“I will never forget the day Danny was managing the Coaches Association in my offices at Etihad Stadium,” he said.

“We were sitting in a meeting and without going into detail something happened and I went, ‘Wow’. I got a phone call three hours late from a family member who said, ‘Rick, what is going on, he’s off his head?’

“And I said, ‘I know. I have seen it over five years’.

“On Fox Footy they saw it as well. Some of the things he did were funny. At St Kilda he was development coach and allegedly 10 times they asked him to leave the ground. He wasn’t right.”

Frawley would eventually lose his life after hitting a tree outside his family property near Ballarat last September.

“If I said I saw it coming I didn’t. You would be silly to say that. But how can I say this without breaking confidentiality?

“He met with me just before he passed away and he was in a lot of trouble mentally. It did my head in. I should have done more. How does this happen?

“Rex Hunt rang me and I will never forget this. He said, ‘You know what, Chicken, if you stop your mate from crashing into the tree, they would have crashed into one the next day. So stop worrying about Danny, you could have done something in the lead up but you can’t save them in that mindset.”

The hit that saw Frawley knocked out in 1988 saw Dermott Brereton suspended for six weeks but remarkably the Saints full back went back onto the ground in the same game.

“Danny Frawley got knocked out for four minutes and I was standing next to him when Dermott did it. I don’t want to criticise Dermott because that’s what his game was and if he did it today he would be delisted,” Nixon said.

“He has been very good about it. He says I wish I hadn’t done it. But he got knocked out for four minutes, went off the ground and came back on.

“If you get knocked out for more than a minute when you are 50 they say your brain deteriorates.”

Nixon has detailed recordings of the concussion history of his AFL clients and is prepared to use them to help them in their battle for compensation.

Nixon said he would never attempt to destroy the AFL with a massive payout that threatened the careers of current players, but he feared for a generation of ex-players with degenerative symptoms.

Nixon has kept notes on the concussions and erratic nature of his client’s behaviour, saying high-profile concussion victim John Barnes once rode his motorbike straight into his office.

He believed good friend and client Frawley might have had degenerative brain disease CTE.

A major weakness of the proposed class action against the AFL has been a lack of historical club medical data on concussions, but Nixon said he kept all the data and notes from decades in the business.

“Concussion is a big issue. I never saw it coming but this is going to explode,” Nixon said.

“People might think I am exaggerating, but I am getting all these phone calls from players.

“There are some who might think (a payout) might pay my gambling debt, but there are a lot who are actually struggling. We don’t want ex-players sitting on their couch all day drinking beer on centrelink (payments).

“Every club has got rid of their medical records. I am not having a go at them, I know why they have done it. But I have got the records. I know when they got knocked out and when their wife said to me, ‘He’s gone strange, Ricky’.

“Johnny Barnes is a good example. He has said he was concussed something like 14 times. I have got records to say he has been knocked out eight times.

“I have got records that say John came in to see me today and he rode a motorbike into my office. So note taken, ‘This is not normal’. And when the judge says does anyone have any evidence I know who has.”

“If (AFL chief executive) Gill McLachlan rang me this afternoon and said what are you up to, I would say, ‘I will go into bat for the players mate, but I ain’t going to destroy the game’.

“Without a game we have got a problem. People would say you have an agenda and want to screw the AFL and it’s all about money.

“But I see it as my management career is going from management of players to managing their health. It’s not about destroying the AFL. (AFL legal counsel) Andrew Dillon has spoken to me and he was very pro the health of players and I am sure Gill is as well.

“ (Ex-AFL stars) Des Tuddenham and Peter Bedford are good mates of mine. I didn’t play with them, I didn’t manage them. But the things they talk to me about are about 15 of their best mates being on the sofa at home, drinking beers and not in a good way, and their head is not g
reat.”

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
To the top
SS Life Member

I make the point that in life you never know what is around the corner

And in terms of dealing with changed circumstances and challenges no two people are the same

And the outcomes differ accordingly

In regards Mc Cartin he is responding as reported therefore, to me, the comments of Ratten are measured, encouraging and correct

wally
Club Player

OK so now he has been given the all clear to resume what does he do now?
In a normal climate he would train & play with a VFL team in the hope of seeing the year out and getting redrafted.
I hope he comes out ok but would be disappointed if he went well with another club.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

This crisis plays perfectly into Paddy's chances of walking straight onto our list next year. It looks like the AFL are going to reduce the player and soft caps, and also list sizes so brace yourself to lose most of the higher paid recruits to clubs that have been way smarter than us and told the AFL to get stuffed and kept thier independence. Those smarter clubs will use tricks like their secret soft cap to lure players like Brad Hill and Hanners. I reckon Gold Coast will be sitting pretty as the protected species becuase they receive about $25 million per year so get ready to say goodbye to Max as his brother convinces him that the resources at his club are far superior.

Welcome back Paddy back to the waste land and team of bargain basement players.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 14 Apr 2020 9:07am This crisis plays perfectly into Paddy's chances of walking straight onto our list next year. It looks like the AFL are going to reduce the player and soft caps, and also list sizes so brace yourself to lose most of the higher paid recruits to clubs that have been way smarter than us and told the AFL to get stuffed and kept thier independence. Those smarter clubs will use tricks like their secret soft cap to lure players like Brad Hill and Hanners. I reckon Gold Coast will be sitting pretty as the protected species becuase they receive about $25 million per year so get ready to say goodbye to Max as his brother convinces him that the resources at his club are far superior.

Interesting take.

What's the secret soft cap though?

And I thought the proposed reduction in lists was to save money? I assumed the salary cap would remain?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 14 Apr 2020 9:59am
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 14 Apr 2020 9:07am This crisis plays perfectly into Paddy's chances of walking straight onto our list next year. It looks like the AFL are going to reduce the player and soft caps, and also list sizes so brace yourself to lose most of the higher paid recruits to clubs that have been way smarter than us and told the AFL to get stuffed and kept thier independence. Those smarter clubs will use tricks like their secret soft cap to lure players like Brad Hill and Hanners. I reckon Gold Coast will be sitting pretty as the protected species becuase they receive about $25 million per year so get ready to say goodbye to Max as his brother convinces him that the resources at his club are far superior.

Interesting take.

What's the secret soft cap though?

And I thought the proposed reduction in lists was to save money? I assumed the salary cap would remain?

The secret soft cap will be the ones maintained by the clubs that have had the balls to tell the AFL to stick thier proposed communist style control and monitoring fair and square up thier clacker. It will allow those clubs to continue to channel money into off field resources and activities that provide the edge over luring marquee players to thier club. We had only just entered that arms race in the last few years through the intel Simon Lethlean bought to the club. This new regime control now strips that away and allows the independent clubs to continue manipulating the soft cap.

Ive heard list reduction could be as low as 30 and the TPP to be reduced to $9 million.

The list reduction on it's own will initially make it harderer for our club to decide who gets cut and who we can afford to keep. It could possibly flatten out after all current contracts expire and clubs have adapted thier commercial agreements and finances to the new landscape. I can see a scenario where we might have to cut a Brad Hill to save a larger group of players due to current contracts and also to mitigate against the smallest financial loss.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Will last about 10 mins into the first quarter

Nee!
Sanctorum
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 14 Apr 2020 10:19am
The secret soft cap will be the ones maintained by the clubs that have had the balls to tell the AFL to stick thier proposed communist style control and monitoring fair and square up thier clacker. It will allow those clubs to continue to channel money into off field resources and activities that provide the edge over luring marquee players to thier club. We had only just entered that arms race in the last few years through the intel Simon Lethlean bought to the club. This new regime control now strips that away and allows the independent clubs to continue manipulating the soft cap.

Ive heard list reduction could be as low as 30 and the TPP to be reduced to $9 million.

The list reduction on it's own will initially make it harderer for our club to decide who gets cut and who we can afford to keep. It could possibly flatten out after all current contracts expire and clubs have adapted thier commercial agreements and finances to the new landscape. I can see a scenario where we might have to cut a Brad Hill to save a larger group of players due to current contracts and also to mitigate against the smallest financial loss.
I don't quite understand how clubs can manipulate their soft caps to channel additional money into off field resources. Correct me if I'm wrong but I would have thought that limits on soft caps are identical and apply to all 18 clubs irrespective of their wealth, and that this will be vigorously policed by the AFL, especially given the new austerity measures in place.

You are certainly the harbinger of doom SK! Under the current arrangements when the new financial deal is struck between the AFL and its constituent clubs, the wealthy clubs, as I understand the situation, will not be able to tell the AFL to stick it up a place where the sun don't shine, unless of course they decide that they will break away form the competition, in which case I would say good riddance!

I still maintain that the sort of dire outcomes you are predicting are far too premature. The situation remains fluid, nothing is set in stone and there is still a long way to go and a lot of negotiations between the AFL and the clubs before we know exactly what St Kilda's predicament will be in 2021 and beyond. The belt tightening that is obviously going to take place will apply to all clubs and I doubt that the AFL would want to have a competition that is unbalanced and favours the wealthy clubs. But maybe I'm naive???

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Sanctorum
Club Player

fugazi wrote: Tue 14 Apr 2020 10:38am Will last about 10 mins into the first quarter
The following article in today's Oz suggests that Paddy should be careful about playing on:

"An alarming new study casts doubt on concussion protocols

New concussion research presented to the AFL has cast massive doubts over whether players should return to play less than two weeks after suffering a clinical concussion.

An alarming study out of New Zealand that analysed 594 patients with a sports-related brain injury discovered less than half of the participants (45 per cent) had fully recovered from their head knocks within 14 days.

The report is set to reignite debate over the AFL’s return-to-play protocols, with concussion campaigner Peter Jess adamant the league’s current system is vastly inadequate.

“It is clear the brain is still dysfunctional 28 days after a concussion,” Jess said. “And the AFL has mandated that the welfare of the players is most important, but we know now that this system fails more than 50 per cent of the time.

“We can’t have this margin of error when assessing the health and welfare of players in this day and age. It is totally unacceptable, because at the moment we are returning players to play in a collision-based sport when their brain has not healed.”

The findings come as former St Kilda full forward Paddy McCartin said he was ready to make his return to top-flight football next season despite his nightmare concussion history including eight separate head knocks. McCartin, who was delisted by the Saints last year, said he had made betterthan-expected progress in his brain rehabilitation program at the Epworth Hospital in recent months, and was now training most days.

He said he was “good to go now, in terms of playing” and while he still had to build up his fitness, the “big concussion cloud hanging over my head that I might not be able to play again, that’s gone”.

“I’m basically the same as any other player who is outside a list and looking to get drafted.”

But the findings from the latest study, published in the March issue of the Journal of Sports Medicine, add weight to the push for players to undergo more stringent testing and have longer layoffs to recover from head knocks.

In particular, almost one in four participants (23 per cent) had still not completely recovered within 28 days of a brain injury, according to the research.

In conclusion, the report, produced by lead author Dr Stephen Kara, states recovery from a sports-related mild traumatic brain injury “is slower than previous international consensus statements have indicated”.

The AFL recently toughened its concussion protocols so players had to pass a test five days before a game to play.

McCartin last year said he was “a shell of a person” as he battled the devastating symptoms of his concussion history, including sleeplessness, headaches and sensitivity to light and sound.

The careers of Melbourne’s Kade Kolodjashnij and West Coast Daniel Venables also hang in the balance as they battle concussion problems.

Jess urged McCartin, and others, to take a long-term view.

“What happens is they (concussions) build up over time, and slowly but surely the brain then becomes dysfunctional from the accumulation of the structural damage,” Jess said.

“Players including Paddy can’t just think about the now. They have got to think 30 years down the track when it is going to be a major issue.”

While McCartin’s preference would be to continue playing at St Kilda, where he was still training before the pandemic, he is also open to joining another club.

“I think the Saints, they’ve been incredible. They’ve been an amazing support,” he said.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Paddy clearly isn’t in the right frame of mind to make this decision.

No chance he will or should play again, he’s a ticking time bomb.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 14 Apr 2020 11:15am
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 14 Apr 2020 10:19am

I don't quite understand how clubs can manipulate their soft caps to channel additional money into off field resources. Correct me if I'm wrong but I would have thought that limits on soft caps are identical and apply to all 18 clubs irrespective of their wealth, and that this will be vigorously policed by the AFL, especially given the new austerity measures in place.

You are certainly the harbinger of doom SK! Under the current arrangements when the new financial deal is struck between the AFL and its constituent clubs, the wealthy clubs, as I understand the situation, will not be able to tell the AFL to stick it up a place where the sun don't shine, unless of course they decide that they will break away form the competition, in which case I would say good riddance!

I still maintain that the sort of dire outcomes you are predicting are far too premature. The situation remains fluid, nothing is set in stone and there is still a long way to go and a lot of negotiations between the AFL and the clubs before we know exactly what St Kilda's predicament will be in 2021 and beyond. The belt tightening that is obviously going to take place will apply to all clubs and I doubt that the AFL would want to have a competition that is unbalanced and favours the wealthy clubs. But maybe I'm naive???
So would you agree there is always a reason for keeping secrets and protecting sensitive information?

Ask yourself why have 6 clubs flattly rejected the AFLs proposal on the basis they do not want to provide full access to thier clubs commercial information?

And have you considered why Keff Kennett and other presidents have asked the AFL what secrets they are keeping if they are unwilling to provide full access to thier own commercial information.

There is always a reason for keeping secrets. In this instance its about gaining or maintaining a significant advantage.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 14 Apr 2020 11:37am Paddy clearly isn’t in the right frame of mind to make this decision.

What would you know? Your views on the virus shot down for good what little credibility you had.

No worse than the common cold you said. :roll:

freely
SS Hall of Fame

And yet...
Age link

Paddy McCartin eyeing an AFL return
================================
Former No.1 draft pick Paddy McCartin has an AFL comeback firmly in his sights.

The 23-year-old, who has suffered eight concussions since 2014, was delisted by St Kilda late last year as part of a plan to put his career on hold until at least 2021.

But he has completed a rehabilitation program for his head and brain, and feels ready to return to a full training program when coronavirus-related restrictions are lifted.

McCartin had been scheduled to undergo a test earlier this month that would have determined if he was ready to resume contact training.

Coronavirus issues meant the test had to be delayed, but the 35-game key forward said his doctors were confident he would have passed.

"Basically that means that I have no longer got any concussion stuff to worry about. I can just return to training as a full player," McCartin told SEN radio on Monday.

"At the moment I'm not on a list anywhere, so I'd have to get back on a list somewhere, but in terms of concussion or anything like that I'm basically the same as anyone else now.

"The doctors have told me I don't have any greater risk than any other player on an AFL list when I go out and play footy [in terms of] getting concussion."

McCartin continued training with St Kilda over summer despite no longer being on the list and was working out in the club's rehabilitation group before the AFL went into shutdown mode last month.

While he would love to resume playing with the Saints, he is prepared to go anywhere to kick-start his career via the draft.

"I absolutely would love to be playing footy," McCartin said.

"There's no guarantees in footy and more than ever there's a little bit more uncertainty in terms of trying to get back onto a list.

"But I'm really hoping that someone anywhere would want to potentially take a chance because the fire's burning pretty deep and I want to play, so it's just about getting that opportunity."

McCartin could potentially return to an AFL list later this year if proposals for a mini-draft are approved before the 2020 season resumes.

If not, a return in 2021 via one of the usual draft methods looms as his most likely chance.

AAP

Sanctorum
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 14 Apr 2020 11:40am
So would you agree there is always a reason for keeping secrets and protecting sensitive information?

Ask yourself why have 6 clubs flattly rejected the AFLs proposal on the basis they do not want to provide full access to thier clubs commercial information?

And have you considered why Keff Kennett and other presidents have asked the AFL what secrets they are keeping if they are unwilling to provide full access to thier own commercial information.

There is always a reason for keeping secrets. In this instance its about gaining or maintaining a significant advantage.
Certainly, SK, there are always good reasons for commercial entities to have confidential information that they want to keep to themselves, that's a given. I just don't buy the proposition that the information sharing between the AFL and its 18 clubs should be a 2 way street. For example, the AFL is in possession of confidential information about the internal affairs of all of the clubs, whatever that might be, which should never be shared with the other clubs.

As for your criticism that Andrew Bassat, unlike Jeff Kennett, lacks the intestinal fortitude to stand up to the AFL, Jeff Kennett is a habitual grand-stander, a bit of a media tart like Peter Beattie, loves to get out there and shout a strong opinion about all sorts of things that are reported in the media, and in the process he has accumulated quite a lot of "egg on face"!

I'm not sure that Andrew Bassat should be expected to provide a running commentary to members about the ongoing discussions between St Kilda and the AFL. So far he has sent members an outline of the difficult road ahead, and given the strength of the St Kilda board I am confident that they will do whatever they can, acting in the best interests of the members, to achieve the best outcomes.

If in time you are convinced that they are incompetent, then I would encourage you to stand for election to the St Kilda board - you never know, you may well turn the club's fortunes around. It would be great to have a Saintsational rep on the board!!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It is lunacy to think Paddy will play at AFL level again.

It’s just Paddy saying what he wants to say and what he wants others to hear.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 14 Apr 2020 1:00pm

Certainly, SK, there are always good reasons for commercial entities to have confidential information that they want to keep to themselves, that's a given. I just don't buy the proposition that the information sharing between the AFL and its 18 clubs should be a 2 way street. For example, the AFL is in possession of confidential information about the internal affairs of all of the clubs, whatever that might be, which should never be shared with the other clubs.

As for your criticism that Andrew Bassat, unlike Jeff Kennett, lacks the intestinal fortitude to stand up to the AFL, Jeff Kennett is a habitual grand-stander, a bit of a media tart like Peter Beattie, loves to get out there and shout a strong opinion about all sorts of things that are reported in the media, and in the process he has accumulated quite a lot of "egg on face"!

I'm not sure that Andrew Bassat should be expected to provide a running commentary to members about the ongoing discussions between St Kilda and the AFL. So far he has sent members an outline of the difficult road ahead, and given the strength of the St Kilda board I am confident that they will do whatever they can, acting in the best interests of the members, to achieve the best outcomes.

If in time you are convinced that they are incompetent, then I would encourage you to stand for election to the St Kilda board - you never know, you may well turn the club's fortunes around. It would be great to have a Saintsational rep on the board!!!
I take your point about JK possibly grand standing on the issue however my take on his open criticism is he is conveying the converns of a broader group of presidents who aren't as willing, or who are compromised in a way that prevents them from going public.

Now he's not suggesting the AFL provide access to every cupboard and drawer in AFL house, what he's saying is, how do we know you haven't been mismanaging aspects of the competition's finances which is evident in a future fund that is only $120 miillion, and this is after a $50 million NET profit in 2019. JK is asking why we need to borrow so much money and put clubs in so much debt, he's asking why Melbourne clubs should be exposed to possible disadvantage and even extinction because the franchise clubs of GCS and GWS continuing to being gifted $25 million per year EACH under this new regime which provides Gil and the broad members sizeable performance bonuses.

Jk is also saying there is a significant group of managers at AFL house continuing to receive $1 million per year.

Do you understand the powers handed over to administrators when a company goes into receivership? This is what we are signing up to and putting the same type of power into the hands of Gil and the board.

I'm sorry but there is great reason why Jeff Kennett and many other Presidents are very concerned.

I'm also concerned that Bassett is completely distracted at the moment saving his own business interests which are turning to crap.

I'm concerned that we are solely being steered by Finnis and a skeleton crew inexperienced to do the steering.

The Bulldogs were smart and engaged a specialist leagal consultant.
Last edited by Secret Kiel on Tue 14 Apr 2020 7:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

my concern is how easily he was concussed last time.

It was barely a bump... I don't see how he can return without a huge risk.

Not saying he can't but the risk is enormous

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Can someone please explain how Tom backing Paddy to return to footy in 2021 has led to us losing Hill & Hannebery? Is a symptom of COVID-19, paranoia and conspiracy ramblings?

The salary cap will remain as will "soft" pseudo investigations into its manipulation. Whilst a minimum percentage of the salary cap has to be paid it will always make it hard for the poorer, less performing clubs to make up ground.

For the record I don't think Paddy should play again. He seems to be trying to convince himself more than anyone else.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 15 Apr 2020 9:52am Can someone please explain how Tom backing Paddy to return to footy in 2021 has led to us losing Hill & Hannebery? Is a symptom of COVID-19, paranoia and conspiracy ramblings?

The salary cap will remain as will "soft" pseudo investigations into its manipulation. Whilst a minimum percentage of the salary cap has to be paid it will always make it hard for the poorer, less performing clubs to make up ground.

For the record I don't think Paddy should play again. He seems to be trying to convince himself more than anyone else.
I agree, Paddy is obviously feeling much better about his health and I don't blame him for expressing a strong desire to return to senior football, time will tell if any club will give him that opportunity. You're also right about this topic veering off into a totally different tangent, one that is already well covered by BackFromUSA's post "$19 per month for 19 months"....

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 15 Apr 2020 9:52am Can someone please explain how Tom backing Paddy to return to footy in 2021 has led to us losing Hill & Hannebery? Is a symptom of COVID-19, paranoia and conspiracy ramblings?

Look for him in 2 of our 3 colours (in vertical stripes) if he makes a return.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 15 Apr 2020 4:08pm

Look for him in 2 of our 3 colours (in vertical stripes) if he makes a return.
So we pay him for 2020, allow him to use the training and medical facilities in 2020 and he plays elsewhere in 2021?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Harves Man
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 14 Apr 2020 11:37am Paddy clearly isn’t in the right frame of mind to make this decision.

Yeah, I'm inclined to think that, given all the evidence and his truly awful concussion history. In my humble opinion, he has too much of the later career "Kozzies" about him - i.e. for whatever reason(s), simply lacks that awareness of where danger is coming from.