I blame one person

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I blame one person

No not Benny Long...

It’s a team game and the whole team is to blame, especially the leaders and especially the coaches for trusting the players. Too many passengers today.

They needed a kick up the arse when they least expected it. Or...the coaches needed to read the tealeaves and mix the team around for our first hub game. Put some fear into some of the players who are just turning up for a paycheque. Maybe provide opportunities to players hungry for a chance to play.

We were off our game and I’m not sure if the bus trip or the early start time also played a big part, but a few bad decisions against us from the cheat Foote in that second quarter and a few fumbles and the Freo locomotive could not be stopped

I blame our bad luck on this bloke:
tony74 wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 8:04pm Can’t give you a lot cos I’m not up there. All I know is the accommodation is first rate and they’ve settled in really well. Partners, families are there if they wanted to be. Training facilities are fantastic. Spirit is really good. Re Freo, they’re very aware that the Dockers have been in every game and that their position doesn’t justify their form. Will not be taken lightly.

Hack
Club Player

Re: I blame one person

Pathetic

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I also blame one person:
desertsaint wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 2:29pm Missed the first quarter. If not for the score in the top left i"d think we were getting done. C'mon lads, give us a look-see.
STFA! DesertSaint

Stay
The
F@rk
Away!

And as I understand it - you have been a long time supporter - did you start supporting in 1967??

Joking - just trying to get a laugh!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
shrodes
SS Life Member

Can we still blame this bloke :D

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:23pm I also blame one person:
desertsaint wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 2:29pm Missed the first quarter. If not for the score in the top left i"d think we were getting done. C'mon lads, give us a look-see.
STFA! DesertSaint

Stay
The
F@rk
Away!

And as I understand it - you have been a long time supporter - did you start supporting in 1967??

mate you might be onto something. a look back through game threads would see a similar post at least a few times a season. the north game i came in around half time. :shock:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:30pm
STFA! DesertSaint

Stay
The
F@rk
Away!

mate you might be onto something. a look back through game threads would see a similar post at least a few times a season. the north game i came in around half time. :shock:
Maybe we can put together a fund that buys you out of your membership! :wink:

Do you want a free Adelaide membership??

- It wont work though we all know that your heart belongs to the RW&B!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:26pm Image

Can we still blame this bloke :D
Ah...finally I can manage a wry smile. Great post. That pic deserves a meme. Richo looks wry himself here....” ah,, how ya goin saints fans?”

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

We can make all the excuses we like but, we were good enough to get 5 goals up on North and 6 up on Freo and then capitulated.

We’re so mentally weak. We get ahead of ourselves and will only ski down hill.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Not Hon D. Andrews?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:44pm We can make all the excuses we like but, we were good enough to get 5 goals up on North and 6 up on Freo and then capitulated.

You haven't got a clue and just sound like a footy groupie. The team was extremely disadvantaged before the game even started and you carry on like normal.

The Recruit
Club Player

Firstly f*** dick head Dan Andrews...what a knob

Second we seriously lack leadership. Geary vomit as an onfield leader...can’t stop momentum from forward pocket, he is lucky to be playing in front of Webster.

Ross is just not any good when he needs to be. For his age and games played he should be much better when we need someone to stand up and swing back momentum. He just doesn’t have it in him.

We still need a class midfielder who can win the footy when other sides get a run on much like Lenny Hayes, u til we get that we will win some and loose some...destined for middle of the table.

Brad crouch or Ollie Wines would be a good start.

The Recruit
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:08pm No not Benny Long...

It’s a team game and the whole team is to blame, especially the leaders and especially the coaches for trusting the players. Too many passengers today.

They needed a kick up the arse when they least expected it. Or...the coaches needed to read the tealeaves and mix the team around for our first hub game. Put some fear into some of the players who are just turning up for a paycheque. Maybe provide opportunities to players hungry for a chance to play.

We were off our game and I’m not sure if the bus trip or the early start time also played a big part, but a few bad decisions against us from the cheat Foote in that second quarter and a few fumbles and the Freo locomotive could not be stopped

tony74 wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 8:04pm Can’t give you a lot cos I’m not up there. All I know is the accommodation is first rate and they’ve settled in really well. Partners, families are there if they wanted to be. Training facilities are fantastic. Spirit is really good. Re Freo, they’re very aware that the Dockers have been in every game and that their position doesn’t justify their form. Will not be taken lightly.
So it was just unlucky!! f*** that how do we build a team that can stop a locomotive and derail it at the same time...?? That should be our plan not ‘oh well we were Unlucky with some decisions and just couldn’t stop them....Jesus Christ

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Firstly...the Premier is the bloke who has led the most prosperous and premier State in the country prior to this crisis

He hasn’t taken any holidays to Hawaii as far as I am aware...yes...He has made some mistakes but unless you want him to micromanage every aspect of this pandemic then I’d say we are lucky that he didn’t listen to ScoMo and the Libs who wanted Dan to open up a lot earlier and wanted schools opened when Dan hade made the correct decision

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncateg ... s-re-open/

As far as this thread is concerned, it’s just my way of venting and trying to stay loyal to this club which keeps disappointing me

I like your suggestion on Ollie :D

The Recruit
Club Player

For fear of this turning political I will only make one more statement
The hotels were an absolute embarrassing joke.

In regards to the saints we need to make a tough call on our leadership group and recruit one more gun mid, it that means we loose Ross then I am ok with that.

I made the mistake of thinking we we might be a good team, we are mediocre at best

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:28pm Firstly...the Premier is the bloke who has led the most prosperous and premier State in the country prior to this crisis

Bahahahahaha. Made some mistakes????What an understatement. Comrade Dan f***ed up. Royally.. Not that the prick will ever admit it.

He is still...today...refusing help from 800 ADF personnel. Why??

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I had us finishing out of the top 8 prior to the year starting. I thought it would be too difficult for Ratts to reprogram 4 and a half years of Richo

I was happy and hoping after Round 5.... I was just thinking if we beat both Freo and Adelaide we should be able to make it...There were too many fans and commentators declaring St Kilda as a possible contender and maybe the players got ahead of themselves

I think it will take a little while for us to be more consistent and for Ratten to teach his young players and make the necessary changes.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

STFA! DesertSaint

Stay
The
F@rk
Away!

Same applies to Fugazi
fugazi wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:32pm I missed the first quarter

Can't remember seeing anyone vote worthy

I will watch the first quarter at vote on based on that

Maybe that will help erase the last few hours from my memory

― Aristophanes

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 6:00pm
Scollop wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:28pm Firstly...the Premier is the bloke who has led the most prosperous and premier State in the country prior to this crisis

Bahahahahaha. Made some mistakes????What an understatement. Comrade Dan f***ed up. Royally.. Not that the prick will ever admit it.

This is a footy forum. If you want to debate politics go to the general forum....meet you there

Otherwise stp with your propaganda bs and talk about the footy...And I will report you and anyone else who continues to include your political agenda here

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 6:09pm
saynta wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 6:00pm

This is a footy forum. If you want to debate politics go to the general forum....meet you there

Otherwise stp with your propaganda bs and talk about the footy...And I will report you and anyone else who continues to include your political agenda here
Geez you are full of it.

Who psted this absolute bulls*** in this thread .

ll

Post by Scollop » Sat 11 Jul 4:28 pm
"Firstly...the Premier is the bloke who has led the most prosperous and premier State in the country prior to this crisis

He hasn’t taken any holidays to Hawaii as far as I am aware...yes...He has made some mistakes but unless you want him to micromanage every aspect of this pandemic then I’d say we are lucky that he didn’t listen to ScoMo and the Libs who wanted Dan to open up a lot earlier and wanted schools opened when Dan hade made the correct decision"

You want tppost political crap in a footy thread, someone will call you out.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Exactly

StPeter
Club Player

I have no doubt Nick Foot has been at least partly responsible for many Saints losses over the years.

Why the club hasn't try to sort something out regarding this incredibly biased agenda by one umpire over a long period of time is beyond me.

i have kept individual stats on him for and against, including frees against us in front of goal, after noting his bias in a game many years ago, and the figures are

staggering.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:05pm
Saintmatt wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:44pm We can make all the excuses we like but, we were good enough to get 5 goals up on North and 6 up on Freo and then capitulated.

You haven't got a clue and just sound like a footy groupie. The team was extremely disadvantaged before the game even started and you carry on like normal.
As usual - you wouldn’t know and you don’t know. Not that you actually watched the game today. Again.

Take the tin foil off your head and get in the real world.

Go you red, black & white warriors
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

And fair enough too!
P.S. We won’t win another game for the season😳😳

saynta
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 6:22pm I have no doubt Nick Foot has been at least partly responsible for many Saints losses over the years.

Why the club hasn't try to sort something out regarding this incredibly biased agenda by one umpire over a long period of time is beyond me.

i have kept individual stats on him for and against, including frees against us in front of goal, after noting his bias in a game many years ago, and the figures are

staggering.
Well, I for one would be more than pleased if you sent all your valuable statistical work on this miserable excuse for an umpire to Ratts or SL. Go on, I beg you even.

He has been screwing us for years now.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 6:28pm

And fair enough too!
P.S. We won’t win another game for the season😳😳
:twisted: :wink: