Pisshead

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Re: Pisshead

SaintPav wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:16am
You have to wonder how some people would cope if they flicked the Television (or whatever) off and had to think for themselves.

Jung was right. People don't have ideas. Ideas have people!
?

I 'flicked the television off' years ago.

To be unaware that news exists and how the media operate would be very ignorant though.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:01am Fox News does propaganda and ideology but Netflix and ABC News don't.

Interesting theory.
That's not my theory.

SaintPav wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:01am PS: Did the Netflix doco talk about how the US State Department and Dulles backed the Nazis right up to the beginning of the war because they thought Fascism would be a useful bulwark against the Soviet Union?
Yes it did.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:08am

Why the obsession with Newcorp & main stream media BarryGrogan?

Think for yourself Man!

Not sure I understand this?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:14am
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 12:42pm

Rightly or wrongly depending upon individual opinion, my view on Unionism in Australia is very left wing...
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 12:42pm

Fair days work for a fair days pay, that is all any employer or employee should expect and respect.
So clarify this for me...you're strongly anti-Left, but you describe the concept of a "Fair days work for a fair days pay" being "very left wing"?

If that mentality is "very left wing", are you able to explain what exactly makes you anti-left wing?

I'd have thought that if everyone carried that same attitude through all aspects of life, the world would be a pretty decent place.
I wrote: A Fair days work for a fair days pay, that is all any employer or employee should expect and respect.

I wrote it as a mantra that all employees and employers should agree to.

Where did I describe "a fair days work for a fair days pay" as being very left wing?
Are you deliberately misquoting me, do you believe your own fabricated version, or is basic comprehension an issue?

I cannot answer questions where you are misquoting my posts.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:41am

I cannot answer questions where you are misquoting my posts.
My mistake, I misinterpreted your post.

Which part of your view on unions is 'very left wing'?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:27am

Think for yourself Man!

You are constantly quoting on this thread Fox News, Newscorp, main stream media etc to the point of obsession.

For your own well-being, I think you should stop forming opinions based on these services and think for yourself.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:44am
BarryGrogan wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:27am

Think for yourself Man!

You are constantly quoting on this thread Fox News, Newscorp, main stream media etc to the point of obsession.

For your own well-being, I think you should stop forming opinions based on these services and think for yourself.
?

There's been 5 links to News Corp articles and mainstream media posted in this thread, 3 or 4 of them by yourself.

Isn't that largely what the discussion is about?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:55pm
saynta wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 7:48pm
Spinner wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 7:23pm
saynta wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 7:03pm
Spinner wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:38pm
saynta wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:27pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 5:00pm This is gold, was reading through the thread and each poster is debating their opinion, then this guy chimes in with these classic pot shots.

Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spinner wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 12:45pm
Do you losers get this crap out of some sort of hand book?

Think for yourself for goodness sake.
Spinner wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 12:38pm Must take a low life scum to know one...

The usual types turning this thread into a cesspit and pulling each other off too.
Yeah, a great poster. Not :roll:
Exhibit A. Hope he returned the favour.
Your posts are in breach of the rules. You will be lucky if no one reports you.

Pulling each other off? f***. How old are you?

Ps. What would you calll someone who hols up a pregnant back woman with a gun and then robs her?
Wow, such outrage when someone disagrees.

And it’s a very common analogy. It means you are all giving yourselves a very generous pat on the back. But you’ll know this.

And disagree. You should threaten yourself with your own post. A post that entirely played the ‘poster’.
What utter rubbish. Really, can't you do better than that.?.

Your posts were disgusting and J b called you out. Tough s***. :roll:
You must be kidding, I called you all out. But hide behind your tough mates all you want. Pathetic really.
Not half as pathetic as your response(s). :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 11:03pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:22pm
Spinner wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:48pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 5:00pm This is gold, was reading through the thread and each poster is debating their opinion, then this guy chimes in with these classic pot shots.

Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spinner wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 12:45pm
Do you losers get this crap out of some sort of hand book?

Think for yourself for goodness sake.
Spinner wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 12:38pm Must take a low life scum to know one...

The usual types turning this thread into a cesspit and pulling each other off too.
So a poster called someone recently passing ‘a lowlife scum’ is debating? Pathetic really and not worth the time.

Keep the posts I quoted in there if you had any substance.

Queue response from handbook.
I thought your posts were very hilarious, still do!
The pulling each other off part is pure 12 year old naugnhty schoolboy Kelvin Cunnington genius, love it.
Its the most immature & homophobic thing I've read here in years, classic comedy.

George Floyd was a low life scum piece of s*** while he was alive, his record proves that.
Does it give police the right to kill him, of course not.

I'm interested how this piece of s*** goes from low life scum to an African American male mother Teresa overnight because he was killed by Police.

What about the scum who then use this as an excuse to loot, pillage and act in a violent manner in protest.
How dignified.

Oh the irony, black lives matter and one has been killed wrongfully by Police so lets rampage and destroy everything we can get our hands on.
Ahh it all comes out. Nice effort for trying to forcible drive these perspectives down my throat with such aggression and outrage.

But in reality it is very clear to see the clear hatred driving these perspectives. Problem that you will always fail to see is that while one person wrongfully killed is already too many, there have been many many more incidents - so not just ‘one’ as you wrongfully purposely state.

It is very little worth trying to convince you otherwise given this clear underlying and extreme hatred you possess but trying to justify the murder of any person is bottom level.
Think for yourself he says.

😆

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

I've always found that the people who are most given to conformism, motivated reasoning and similar ways of thinking are the ones who are always -- almost compulsively -- telling others that they are in fact the ones who are just followers and biased.

It's uncanny how often this tends to be true. What I'd really like to understand is why this is the case.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 11:26am I've always found that the people who are most given to conformism, motivated reasoning and similar ways of thinking are the ones who are always -- almost compulsively -- telling others that they are in fact the ones who are just followers and biased.

It's uncanny how often this tends to be true. What I'd really like to understand is why this is the case.
Great question!

It's psychological projection and if we’re all being totally honest with our selves we’re all guilty of doing this at one time or another...apart from me, of course, which really goes without out saying.

The antidote (φάρμακον) to this self-serving behaviour (eg virtue signalling, social media shaming and gaslighting others) is the golden rule, practice what you preach.

The antidote to social media groupthink and mob mentality is basic self-reflection, critical thinking and to question everything, particularly your own biases and motivations.

While on the topic, other antitodes for the times include:

Safe spaces, trauma trigger VERSUS dangerous spaces, free speech, open debate and genuine discussion; and
Herd mentality and conformity VERSUS thinking for yourself, posing awkward questions and speaking out when necessary.

The hammer has spoken!

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

In the footy context didn't the late great John Kennedy reach legend status by expounding the don't think, do message. Michael Moncrieff, who nearly joined us I understand, must be riven with doubt if he is reading some of this thread. What if there is a statue of the Thinker placed next to Mr Kennedy's, but so as to not invite graffiti of course.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 11:26am I've always found that the people who are most given to conformism, motivated reasoning and similar ways of thinking are the ones who are always -- almost compulsively -- telling others that they are in fact the ones who are just followers and biased.

motivated reasoning

mmmmmm

there’s a thesis there
just in that bit

what comes first
... energy in motion (emotion)
or the conscious thinking about it

or was the thinking about it
done in deep mind
without the conscious minds awareness
and executed via electrical trigger
to emotional movement

i pondered this conundrum previously
and ended up at

EQb4IQ

fwtw

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 2:35pm In the footy context didn't the late great John Kennedy reach legend status by expounding the don't think, do message. Michael Moncrieff, who nearly joined us I understand, must be riven with doubt if he is reading some of this thread. What if there is a statue of the Thinker placed next to Mr Kennedy's, but so as to not invite graffiti of course.
I used to carry around a drink and confectionery tray at Glenferrie Oval when I was around 14 /15 years of age. I can still remember Kennedy's voice bellowing out across the ground both as a player and later coach . Loudest voice you would ever wish to hear.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 15 Jul 2020 7:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

For a while I thought people were referring to JFK.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Meanwhile pisshead is like: thats right you feckless world class thinkers....argue about meaningless sh1te you have no idea about and forget about this hateful post denigrating my pissheadiness.

Pisshead: 1
Forumites: 0

I for one would like to call a truce and ask we focus our flesh shredding on ye ole pisshead again....if we can't do it for ourselves....let's do it for the children.

Special
Club Player

So Fat Boy Slim has somehow got another guernsey this week.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 10:29pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 9:31pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:38pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 4:04pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 1:38pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:14pm
saynta wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:36am
I suppose the humble by highly enjoyable chico roll is in trouble too. :cry:

About time the silent majority started hitting back at these cancel culture fwits.
It's a Chiko Roll.

But really, who cares if these things change their name?

My life moved on relatively unchanged when Fags changed their name to Fads.

The outrage from some people about these proposed changes, is worse than the outrage that causes the changes.
Funny, isn't it?

The crowd who love to spout "PC gone mad", "snowflakes", "ridiculous cancel culture" are the very same crowd who get all upset and offended if a lollie wants to change it's name, and threaten to boycott it if it does!

But irony is lost on some people I guess :)
Can't say I agree dud.

In one hand you have PC apologists lobbying companies and social media demanding change and on the other old boomers like me who point it out with a shake of the head but little more.

I like to ridicule and point out the stupidity, but don't care enough to do anything more.

Classic boomer behavior!
I don't think I saw any lobbying to change Red Skins or Chicos (which btw should probably just be ditched as they taste horrendous), seems like maybe Allen's is trying to get on the front foot? I know Red Skins took the 'red Indian' cartoon character off them a while ago, but the connection is obviously there. As you noted they took the N word off products in the passed, but where do you draw the line? I think 'red skins' is obviously not a great term (I doubt you'd say it to a group of Native Americans) so it makes sense to me people aren't thrilled about it.
I wouldn't walk up to group of Asians and say hi yellow skins, I wouldn't walk up to a white group and say hey white skins, I wouldn't walk up to an Indigenous Australian group and say hey black skins as it would be plain weird, so of course I wouldn't do it with a Native American group, nor would I walk up to them and say hello native Americans, In my opinion that is a very odd thing for you to write as the rationale to support your position as it bears no logic to how you would interact with another human or to the confectionery and whether the term is acceptable or racist.

If the term is "not a great term" how do you explain the Washington Redskins baseball team name and mascot? https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ne ... story.html

What's next, Indian motorcycles and their Classic Chieftain, will Boeing rename the Apache helicopter?

I have also had the opportunity to live and work in the mid-west and still have family there and have met and befriended many native Americans over that period.

I have found the native Americans I have met to be the least political people I have met and least offended by terms such as the one that offends you.
I think we need to back up a bit.

Never said I was offended by the name, never said I think the name should change. I said I can understand why people wouldn’t be thrilled about it.

I probably used a lazy example, a better one might be if someone were talking to a third party about a group of native Americans, I doubt they’d say “those red skins over there”.

And unlike ‘red skins’, I don’t think ‘black/white/yellow skins’ are a used term, so obviously that would be weird, but there are plenty of terms for those groups which were used in the past but clearly aren’t nowadays.

I think you mean the NFL team Washington Redskins, and I know there has been calls to change their name. The article you cited is interesting, though the poll has a fairly small sample size.
Heard this today, just a follow up regarding the Washington Redskins.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/american- ... 343839066e

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

I’m guessing the All Blacks will be told to change their name next, right? Seems fair

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote: Tue 14 Jul 2020 1:17pm I’m guessing the All Blacks will be told to change their name next, right? Seems fair

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?
:D :) :wink:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

what is this thread about ???

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 14 Jul 2020 1:26pm what is this thread about ???
Well kit started out about that fat f*** who we are still paying for but now dons blue and white hoops down in sleepy hollow.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The name is fat cat!
If any of you have been to jail or knock around people that have you'll recognize the cat reference.(Hint .. Sinclair rumour).The fat part is self explanatory!!

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 14 Jul 2020 1:26pm what is this thread about ???
I've no idea but has been amusing reading. I'm unsure whether I've learnt too much but I've laughed a lot.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

whiskers3614 wrote: Wed 15 Jul 2020 6:45pm The name is fat cat!
If any of you have been to jail or knock around people that have you'll recognize the cat reference.(Hint .. Sinclair rumour).The fat part is self explanatory!!
'Sinclair rumour'.
Well, there's 18x42 (player numbers) whatever that # is, and if footballers are roughly in line with society, there must be a few non-hetero players in the mix

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee