Room in the cap....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Room in the cap....

I have never seen JB and GL in the same chat room at the same time

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 5:25pm I have never seen JB and GL in the same chat room at the same time
Jack Billings & Gary Lofts???

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 9:01pm
sunsaint wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 5:25pm I have never seen JB and GL in the same chat room at the same time
I just realised no one has seen you and Batman in the same room at the same time....are you? Could you be?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

James Brayshaw & Garry Lyon???

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 9:16pm
James Begley & Grant Lawrie?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 9:33pm

Careful, you know what they say about people who quote themselves.

Jim Beam & Gordon Lightfoot???

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 10:02pm

You know you're a handsome, charming and intelligent man GL :wink:
It's almost as if you can read my mind (pardon the Lightfoot pun).

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 10:05pm
Ghost Like wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 10:02pm

You know you're a handsome, charming and intelligent man GL :wink:
Oh please JoBu (I can call you that), you're making me blush.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 5:01pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 3:39pm It's like JB an GL are the same poster.
Always pop up around the same time and very similar bitchy intolerant tone.
Have to agree with you Secret Karen.

We appear to share an intolerance to dickheads, people of below average comprehension, fake inside knowledge spinners, doomsdayers, moral outrage extremists and *fabricators of the truth.
I know right, you too probably can't stand delusional big noters on anonymous forums like that poster that constantly big notes himself as some sought of big busines man that believes in equity and diversity towards his imaginary staff but doesn't understand what rasism is. Sad.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Josh Kelly or Luke Parker should be top of the list.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 02 Aug 2020 7:38am
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 5:01pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 01 Aug 2020 3:39pm It's like JB an GL are the same poster.
Always pop up around the same time and very similar bitchy intolerant tone.
Have to agree with you Secret Karen.

We appear to share an intolerance to dickheads, people of below average comprehension, fake inside knowledge spinners, doomsdayers, moral outrage extremists and *fabricators of the truth.
I know right, you too probably can't stand delusional big noters on anonymous forums like that poster that constantly big notes himself as some sought of big busines man that believes in equity and diversity towards his imaginary staff but doesn't understand what rasism is. Sad.
Agree totally Secret Karen, I support your stance 100% but I'd go further.

I have a contempt for a few groups who write big, but fail to back it up with action, here's some examples.

Moral outrage campaigners who pretend to take a stand for <insert current newsworthy cause> when they are actually an illiterate moron who cannot only not understand the term they supposedly support, but can't even spell it.

People who are so jealous of those who achieve & contribute positively to society they resort to fabricating stories of selling marketing campaigns & taking an advisory board position to the Saints to support their delusions of grandeur, when in reality their ideas make Mad Men campaigns look progressive & the only advice they could give is how to apply for the dole. Imagine writing the below and thinking you’ll be taken seriously :lol:
Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 29 Mar 2020 3:29pm Great opportunities will be avaliable from China. We should play more games in China after this crisis is over. The team should travel by Cruise boat as we could probably send the whole team for under a $1000 dollars.

In fact when I think about it our administration should be talking to the cruise ship companies now about sponsorship deals.

From adversity comes opportunities. I've already pitched my idea to the club about a possible sponsorship deal with Corona.

Our club is incompetent if they don't get to these opportunities before other clubs do.
Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 29 Mar 2020 6:18pm The idea has been received well by the club. Bold and adventurous initiatives will be required after the health crisis is over and the economic crisis begins and those who challenge the norm will be first to the morsels.
Even worse are moral campaigners who supposedly support certain causes when they actively support acts of violence that are directly opposed to wonderful campaigns such as the Stop the Cowards Punch by Danny Green. Imagine being a coward like the poster below, supporting coward punches like the piece of human waste who posted that believes in.

https://cowardspunchcampaign.com/
Cairnsman wrote: Fri 01 Feb 2019 9:13pm The bloke that started this thread and everyone else that came in and backed him would be quickly sorted with a punch to the head in a pub. They call it a pub test.
Lastly, I have little time for violent aggressive losers who have been banned from here under multiple nics but just keep coming back and peddling the same BS only to wonder how the repeated pattern of behavior has them banned time after time but it just doesn't sink in why :wink:

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Ok stop the ongoing feud. Otherwise it will be bans for those that continue. You have been warned.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

If the cap fits perhaps we can use the current crisis to our advantage in managing a reduced cap.

Ratten has everyone singing from the same hymn book, they all seem happy, genuinely happy for each other. Ryder about King in yesterday's match.

Our defence is the best it's looked in a long, long time. One on one contests, accountability and placing a premium on disposal.

Our forwards are working for each and will only get better.

Our midfield looks a lot better because of our rucks, one ruck is mobile & the other at worst will always break even in a ruck contest. This gives our mids a fighting chance.

Depth in role players that understand Ratten's plan and can come in. These players may not be happy with limited opportunities, that's fine, more room in the cap.

In terms of the cap, if it's reduced, we look after our future. No need to over pay anymore, we will be a destination club. A quick, goal kicking mid who can win his own ball as well as run both ways is our number one. We do not need to throw money at the Crouchs or players on the wrong side of their peak, we can target who we need.

Just as we can use the changing landscape to keep our powder dry and wait for Ben King to seek to play for St Kilda. Then build a bigger trophy cabinet!

ace
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 02 Aug 2020 4:02pm If the cap fits perhaps we can use the current crisis to our advantage in managing a reduced cap.

Ratten has everyone singing from the same hymn book, they all seem happy, genuinely happy for each other. Ryder about King in yesterday's match.

Our defence is the best it's looked in a long, long time. One on one contests, accountability and placing a premium on disposal.

Our forwards are working for each and will only get better.

Our midfield looks a lot better because of our rucks, one ruck is mobile & the other at worst will always break even in a ruck contest. This gives our mids a fighting chance.

Depth in role players that understand Ratten's plan and can come in. These players may not be happy with limited opportunities, that's fine, more room in the cap.

In terms of the cap, if it's reduced, we look after our future. No need to over pay anymore, we will be a destination club. A quick, goal kicking mid who can win his own ball as well as run both ways is our number one. We do not need to throw money at the Crouchs or players on the wrong side of their peak, we can target who we need.

Just as we can use the changing landscape to keep our powder dry and wait for Ben King to seek to play for St Kilda. Then build a bigger trophy cabinet!
We need to smash Gold Coast to convince Ben that he needs to move to St Kilda at the first possible opportunity.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Just need every Saints player to get around the King Brothers when they inevitably come together at the end of the game - and tell Ben that he could be part of this, the team he supported fanatically and be here with his brother and help the Saints get a second Cup....an onfield intervention!

Nee!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Saintsational should write him a letter

Dear Ben,

Nee!
saintbob
SS Life Member

Drop Josh Kelly into our midfield and we’re a definite contender.

Hopefully Melbourne, Geelong and Collingwood will be in a bidding war for Jeremey Cameron and we can slide in and grab Kelly.

Then grab Benny Boy in 2022

Sanctorum
Club Player

The question of who the club is going to approach to come across will continue to tantalise until it is a done deal. There are any number of possibilities, too many to list, but there is a strong possibility that it will be someone from the Giants.

For a start, there are reports that GWS are in need of cap space to retain their many star players, and their list is loaded, something that requires further detailed analysis.

The club has a number of elite midfielders, some of the best in the comp and not all will be able to remain there, and there could also be a few who may be keen to return to Victoria - Toby Greene (my favourite), Jacob Hopper, Josh Kelly, Harry Perryman, Tim Taranto, all would look great in the tri-colours!

Then there is the Gubby Allan factor - he masterminded the addition of the 5 experienced players that came over at the end of 2019, and his close association with GWS from 2008 to 2016. Plus many years before that at other clubs - he is generally regarded as the best in the business of talent spotting and completing deals. I imagine that for someone like Allan who's life is footy, the ultimate challenge of assisting St Kilda to win another premiership would be really satisfying. So many have tried and failed...

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
outside66
Club Player

If Zac Williams from GWS was keen to move somewhere that allows him to play more as a mid then would that be worth exploring? As we've seen from Zac Jones benefitting a move from a HB/Wing role at the swans to now being an important cog in the middle with us. Williams showed that he could more than handle the middle heat in last years final against Collingwood where he racked up 26 touches, 10 clearances and 10 tackles but with their plethora of quality mids available in addition to his value off the back half perhaps it's time for him to explore greater opportunity elsewhere - IF he wants to be a mid.. He's a beautiful kick, fast, hard, and a good team player. As a free agent we wouldn't be sending any picks you'd imagine plus I doubt he would come with say a Josh Kelly-type price tag. If we continue our upward trajectory and complete our transition in becoming a 'destination club', then we won't have to overpay players ridiculous amounts to come to us, they will want to come for opportunity rather than a retirement fund.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Williams was the player who actually killed us at Manuka last year,

Sanctorum
Club Player

outside66 wrote: Mon 03 Aug 2020 12:22pm If Zac Williams from GWS was keen to move somewhere that allows him to play more as a mid then would that be worth exploring? As we've seen from Zac Jones benefitting a move from a HB/Wing role at the swans to now being an important cog in the middle with us. Williams showed that he could more than handle the middle heat in last years final against Collingwood where he racked up 26 touches, 10 clearances and 10 tackles but with their plethora of quality mids available in addition to his value off the back half perhaps it's time for him to explore greater opportunity elsewhere - IF he wants to be a mid.. He's a beautiful kick, fast, hard, and a good team player. As a free agent we wouldn't be sending any picks you'd imagine plus I doubt he would come with say a Josh Kelly-type price tag. If we continue our upward trajectory and complete our transition in becoming a 'destination club', then we won't have to overpay players ridiculous amounts to come to us, they will want to come for opportunity rather than a retirement fund.
I probably should have included Zac Williams, and yes, he would cost less as RFA - he's a bit "under the radar" in the company of the other stars at GWS and I honestly haven't taken much notice of him yet. Be interesting to see if the Saints fancy him, guess we'll find out soon enough on the grapevine....

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 03 Aug 2020 12:42pm
outside66 wrote: Mon 03 Aug 2020 12:22pm If Zac Williams from GWS was keen to move somewhere that allows him to play more as a mid then would that be worth exploring? As we've seen from Zac Jones benefitting a move from a HB/Wing role at the swans to now being an important cog in the middle with us. Williams showed that he could more than handle the middle heat in last years final against Collingwood where he racked up 26 touches, 10 clearances and 10 tackles but with their plethora of quality mids available in addition to his value off the back half perhaps it's time for him to explore greater opportunity elsewhere - IF he wants to be a mid.. He's a beautiful kick, fast, hard, and a good team player. As a free agent we wouldn't be sending any picks you'd imagine plus I doubt he would come with say a Josh Kelly-type price tag. If we continue our upward trajectory and complete our transition in becoming a 'destination club', then we won't have to overpay players ridiculous amounts to come to us, they will want to come for opportunity rather than a retirement fund.
I probably should have included Zac Williams, and yes, he would cost less as RFA - he's a bit "under the radar" in the company of the other stars at GWS and I honestly haven't taken much notice of him yet. Be interesting to see if the Saints fancy him, guess we'll find out soon enough on the grapevine....
I think Zac Williams is a bit like Zac Jones, used as a half back winger where possibly could be a very damaging super quick midfield option.

Zac Williams would be a great additional in my opinion.

johnearljames
Club Player

Apparantly we are cooling interest in Crouch from Adelaide but we are looking at a couple of Sydney based players.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Mon 03 Aug 2020 2:17pm Apparantly we are cooling interest in Crouch from Adelaide but we are looking at a couple of Sydney based players.
Care to elaborate Billy Bob?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 03 Aug 2020 1:29pm
Sanctorum wrote: Mon 03 Aug 2020 12:42pm
I think Zac Williams is a bit like Zac Jones, used as a half back winger where possibly could be a very damaging super quick midfield option.

Zac Williams would be a great additional in my opinion.
Vazelos posted in another thread a few weeks back that his intel is we are definitely looking at a FA mid and that Zac Williams may be our guy. I like the strategy of going for not outright established superstars but guys who are quality players needing more opportunity like Butler and Zac Jones.