Brereton needs to get a life

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Brereton needs to get a life

What absolute nonsense.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 99a8b2dcac

'AFL legend Dermott Brereton has fired up over an insulting handshake that showed Essendon stars no respect in a painful bloodbath.
Tyson Otto, news.com.au
August 17, 2020 5:29am

AFL legend Dermott Brereton has fired up over a handshake between two Saints stars that showed no respect to Essendon during Sunday’s mauling at the Gabba.

Brereton said Essendon players should have been fuming after broadcast cameras captured the moment Saints defenders Ben Long and Hunter Clark performed an over-the-top handshake celebration before the second half resumed with the Saints 35-points clear.

While there was nothing offensive in the gesture, Brereton said Essendon players would have been angry about the fact St Kilda players were comfortable clowning around at half time after putting the disappointing Bombers to the sword in the first half.

After recording just one mark inside the 50m arc in the first half, the Bombers had much bigger headaches than Long and Clark’s hand slaps.

Ben Long and Hunter Clark did a little jig.

But the moment perfectly summed up just how feeble Essendon’s attack proved to be in the first half with just two scoring plays before the half time siren.

Brereton predicted Essendon players would be looking to make some heavy body contact with the Saints duo in the second half.

“The saints are taking the mickey they’re already doing handshakes at half time,” he said.

“They’re probably lucky they’ve got stops in, otherwise they’d be doing moonwalking.

“That’s an insult. If you’re an Essendon player and you see that… Moons you’d be going up to them and grabbing them by the back of the neck.”

Fox Footy commentator Cameron Mooney responded: “I’d be filthy”.

“That’s not a good look from an opposition point of view. If I saw that, I would be ropeable coming out at half time.”

The Bombers’ biggest headache was the form of St Kilda power forward Max King after he booted the first two goals of the match.

Brereton declared King early on made Bombers star defender Michael Hurley look “second rate”.

The Saints kicked seven of the first eight goals and it threatened to get very ugly before the Bombers responded with the next three goals.

But it was false hope for Bombers fans as the Saints ran away with a 10.8 (68) to 5.3 (33) win."

Freebird
Club Player

Re: Brereton needs to get a life

OK to ko behind play or run through them when they're not expecting/looking but not ok to high five a team mate when winning at half time
Once again, this is all about Dermie and what - a big tough man / would I have done

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Yep then Dermir will tell you how great a bloke like Sicily is for the game.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Wtf.bid deal germot

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
on the outer
Club Player

Think about the logic for a moment Essendon down 7.5 to 2.0 completely outplayed trudging off at half time resigned to their fate. Take the time to look Up at the scoreboard which may or may not have the vision dermies worried about, if they do see it it’s this vision that turns them into avenging angels in the second half. Seriously.

Let the players show a bit of flair and that their enjoying what their doing, what a bunch of curmudgeons some of the commentators are.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Worn out all the anecdotes about his now faintly remembered time as a player - can't actually give any technical insights, Warney has beaten him to the punch in regard to an Eau de Toilette*, so what to do. As if the poor standard of commentary needed an under score.

*(#23, a nice tribute to J. Bytel's debut,I thought)

ace
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 2:03pm Yep then Dermir will tell you how great a bloke like Sicily is for the game.
I bet Sicily won't get a kick, handball or mark versus the Saints.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
longtimesaint
Club Player

He is out for a year so won’t be getting a kick against anyone!

One year will be our year
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I haven’t seen this incident. Did they actually shake hands and is that what made it so offensive to Dermott?

johnearljames
Club Player

Didn't Dermie get a groin injury off the field once upon a time?
😄

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
johnearljames
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 4:27pm I haven’t seen this incident. Did they actually shake hands and is that what made it so offensive to Dermott?
They did some weird gangsta s***. Dermie thought it was disrespectful. It was just a couple of kids being silly.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Far out.

They're doing a secret handshake they weren't celebrating anything.

What a clown

The Saints are coming!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Didn't an Essendon debutant do a pre-planned dance when he kicked his first goal against the Crows a few weeks ago?
Where was the outrage then?

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Still have vivid memories of that low-life scum-sucking dirt-bag 'king hitting' Danny Frawley from behind at the MCG in the mid-1980's. Frawley did not see it coming and was KO'd and carried off unconscious.

Brereton has absolutely no right to complain about an innocent hand shake. Compared to his own behavior it is insignificant.

shrodes
SS Life Member

Is Dermie still mad with us about his mate Watters? Talk about holding a grudge

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 7:25pm Still have vivid memories of that low-life scum-sucking dirt-bag 'king hitting' Danny Frawley from behind at the MCG in the mid-1980's. Frawley did not see it coming and was KO'd and carried off unconscious.

Brereton has absolutely no right to complain about an innocent hand shake. Compared to his own behavior it is insignificant.
f****** oath: 😋👍