The knock on Steele’s attitude

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

YoungGeorge
Club Player

Re: The knock on Steele’s attitude

'Wow' some posters are sensitive aren't they !!! Or just insecure....Skeptics point, however made - is a good one. At times this year we seem to have lacked on-field leadership. Geary has undoubted leadership talents but his position is surely coming to an end. Perhaps Jack Steel is the man, he seems to tick a lot of boxes. Tbh its also about developing leadership across the group, some of the experienced players need to be stepping up and driving our improvement and standards. Do the likes of Billings, Carlisle or Membrey burn for a premiership or are they comfortable just being part of a good ordinary outfit ?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I would say that Billings would be a contender for the Captancy, as would Steele and Membrey.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 4:46pm
BackFromUSA wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 9:29am
skeptic wrote: Sun 16 Aug 2020 8:39pm Is it really a thing?

It’s been alluded to on this forum but I’ve never heard the actual concerns laid out. Something about him being too laid back.

From where I sit, he has been the stand out player of our team this season. It’s been a pleasure to watch his development under Ratten as he has risen from a workman like midfielder into the elite bracket.

One of his worst games of the season today and he still walked away with 21 touches and a tackle.

Reckon come season’s end, it’s time for him to assume the mantle of Captain. No knock on Geary (not what this is about) but Steele is the best player on this list and is leading from the front each and every week.
Could you please substantiate your position by at least posting one comment made by another poster that questioned his attitude or commitment? I certainly cannot recall one but then again I don’t read every post!
given you dont read every post
who dobbed this thread?
and which rule does it breach?
I can confirm Saynta DID NOT report a post in this thread.

However there was a report.

It was assessed and it was deemed not worthy of a 1 day ban.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I find it hard to believe anyone would report this thread. Quite petty really, someone with an axe to grind. Appears there's been a bit of dobbing of late. Smacks of someone not happy with their treatment by the mods.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 8:13am I find it hard to believe anyone would report this thread. Quite petty really, someone with an axe to grind. Appears there's been a bit of dobbing of late. Smacks of someone not happy with their treatment by the mods.

There's a fair bit of irony in your whinge there however my advice would be, if I may to be helpful, try and avoid posts like the above and maybe you wont cause as much conflict as you do and then you might not get banned so much.

Just ignore posts that you don't agree with no matter how polar opposite they are to your postion and try not to feel like you have to be the vigilante and moderate said polar opposite posts.

p.s. Kosi is now a mod and has advised he has taken on the role because he wants to clean up the tit for tat bickering. You have been warned.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Irony is just another word you can't spell, obviously.

Keep dobbing people in Secret Squeal. Thank you for taking issue with my posts when you had not been mentioned at all, a touch close to home perhaps? The frustrated teacher now becomes the frustrated mod.

Time for a new nic & sig isn't it: Irony. It stops with me.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 9:06am Irony is just another word you can't spell, obviously.

Keep dobbing people in Secret Squeal. Thank you for taking issue with my posts when you had not been mentioned at all, a touch close to home perhaps? The frustrated teacher now becomes the frustrated mod.

Time for a new nic & sig isn't it: Irony. It stops with me.
Clearly a fine line between intolerance, paranoia and correct spelling.

Try just focusing on footy for a bit and chill man, no matter what views are brought to the table, try not to make it about yourself.

Advice from one Sainter to another.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

This seems like Tit for Tat to me.

I've never been stalked by a squealer - I'll put up with it only because I know stalkers are ultimately lonely, unhappy with their real life and try to project themselves as something they wish to be, far from the life's hand they've been dealt.

Any hoo, I'm sure the mods will sort it out, after all I've been warned, by a stalker of all things.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 8:13am I find it hard to believe anyone would report this thread. Quite petty really, someone with an axe to grind. Appears there's been a bit of dobbing of late. Smacks of someone not happy with their treatment by the mods.
One could hazard a guess and you are probably correct Ghosty. :wink:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

so

it’s kosi sending all that right wing political swill
by the shills to the G1

thats ok
we’ll sort the parasites out at that end
... pity they follow the burley trail though

the G1 is the bastion of what is true blue

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

and that doesn’t mean
throwing another cucumber on the barbie

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 10:53am This seems like Tit for Tat to me.

I've never been stalked by a squealer - I'll put up with it only because I know stalkers are ultimately lonely, unhappy with their real life and try to project themselves as something they wish to be, far from the life's hand they've been dealt.

Any hoo, I'm sure the mods will sort it out, after all I've been warned, by a stalker of all things.
I'm glad we finally have an understanding.