Team vs the Bears

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team vs the Bears

Anyone else reckon we might make a late change?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 12:55am I would have liked to see Parker in. Just feels right. If he can’t get a game here then I think his days are numbered. Pity because I think he could be the player that applies most forward line pressure. Disappointing.
ditto

Kent has played one good game as far as I can tell, in the rain, last year.
Let’s hope he makes it two tomorrow.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
stkfc1
Club Player

bigred wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 1:08am Anyone else reckon we might make a late change?
DMac first change which may mean there is still some doubt on Paton. Would have thought Sav would have been next cab off the rank if thats the case.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 12:55am I would have liked to see Parker in. Just feels right. If he can’t get a game here then I think his days are numbered. Pity because I think he could be the player that applies most forward line pressure. Disappointing.
Personally I agree. He just has the most upside. Happy to acknowledging that he didn’t grasp his opportunity and hence both Kent and Lonie both get more chances to cement themselves in the 22 but both to me have the same problem.

Their games are entirely reliant on making the most of limited opportunities. I think the fact that we’ve won more then we’ve lost so far this season and that they’ve kicked goals, sometimes at important times, has really masked the fact that on a number of occasions both have not done a lot.
8 touches and a clutch goal may look good in a 15 pt win but not many were singing Kent’s praises after rd1 which has statistically been in line with many of his games this year.

Both need to be able to do more when things aren’t going their way and of the three, I reckon Parker has the most potential

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I always thought the warmer weather hurts Victorian teams when they play in Perth or Qld.
I grew up in Melb, spent 30+ years there, and now reside in Perth.
I also have been doing outdoor exercise for years, so I speak from my *own* experience only, so make of that what you will.

The Saints have gotten used to Qld weather now, and not having to fly from Melb, removes those 2 factors from the equations.
They need to own the Gabba tomorrow.
Grab the game by the scruff of the neck.
Dominate. Dictate terms.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
minneapolis
Club Player

Nice planning by Ratts. When Clark needs a break, Coff can take his spot.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Laurie
Club Player

Agree Parker has a bit of mongrel in him which i like and he is the rype of player who i think needs games in him if we are to see his best

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Parker has upside to his game. Lonie & Kent have plateaued. Parker is worthy of more games.

CarlTaughtMeEnglish
Club Player

1965 Saint wrote:I would have liked to see Parker in. Just feels right. If he can’t get a game here then I think his days are numbered. Pity because I think he could be the player that applies most forward line pressure. Disappointing.
I agree, having designed the jumper and with playing in Alice Springs next week I would have given him a chance to see if he could rise to occasion. Two games to make or break his career.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Interesting that in our past two matches against big contenders that we’ve rested key players each time.

Ryder and Jones v the Cats. Now Clark v the Bears. It’s almost as though we’re holding something back as a tactic for next time.

Maybe they actually needed a rest, but these are big games in the context of the season. I thought it was costly against the Cats. Probably we’d have been rolled anyway, but it was almost as though we had conceded we weren’t winning.

Ideally we win today and Clark comes back in refreshed. I just struggle with the concept of not playing your best 22. Particularly if the player puts his hand up to play.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 2:51pm Interesting that in our past two matches against big contenders that we’ve rested key players each time.

Ryder and Jones v the Cats. Now Clark v the Bears. It’s almost as though we’re holding something back as a tactic for next time.

Maybe they actually needed a rest, but these are big games in the context of the season. I thought it was costly against the Cats. Probably we’d have been rolled anyway, but it was almost as though we had conceded we weren’t winning.

Ideally we win today and Clark comes back in refreshed. I just struggle with the concept of not playing your best 22. Particularly if the player puts his hand up to play.
With Clark, it was also reported that he had copped a knock to the knee.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 2:51pm Interesting that in our past two matches against big contenders that we’ve rested key players each time.

It's almost like they've pencilled in games that are iffy and others they think we can win.
I too am curious as to why Clark is rested this week and not last?
Maybe the answer is that Carlisle was rested last week and they didn't want 2 players from the same group (defense) out at the same time.

longtimesaint
Club Player

If he had an injury or just sore it’s best to play a fit plsyer.
Clark is a talent but half back flank is one position we can cover.

One year will be our year
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 2:58pm

With Clark, it was also reported that he had copped a knock to the knee.
Ah okay, that’s an entirely different thing if he is injured. Hopefully it’s only minor.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

I expect a loss today. I will be thrilled if Im wrong.

Our defense was piss poor against a very average Bomber squad. If they had a decent forward we might have lost quite badly. We failed in the midfield, besides decent ruck.
We saw the ball come in quickly and thankfully some ok defense but mostly shocking forward line saved us.

I think Kent is as better forward but Lonie is better defensively. Parker can have hot flashes in defense so maybe he was an option.

Today we will see the ball move quickly and we wont be able to defend and Brisbane will win easily.