Votes v Hawks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: Votes v Hawks

5. Rowan Marshall - verging on elite status, likely make the expanded AA squad this year if not the team..
4. Jack Steele - a real chance for Brownlow given he is playing in a team of few real stars
3. Zak Jones - love his aggression, a real "attack dog", gives his all
2. Ben Long - never takes a backward step, can play all over the ground, x-factor
1. Nick Coffield - has become a really dependable defender, follows the play well, intercepts regularly and disposes efficiently

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Russman
Club Player

5. Marshall
4. Hill
3. Long
2. Steele
1. Coffield

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 07 Sep 2020 12:11pm 5. Rowan Marshall - verging on elite status, likely make the expanded AA squad this year if not the team..
He is some player, isn’t he.

Such confidence and swagger. I love it. He’s a modern-day Keith Miller.

So where do you play him?

It seems that he is good enough to be a first-rate power forward, ruckman or an extra tall ruck rover.

You could make a decent argument for any of the above. I think he could hold down CHB if you needed him to.

If only we could clone him.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 07 Sep 2020 12:10pm herald sun votes

BEST

St Kilda: Hill, Coffield Jones, Steele, Ross, Marshall,

Saints.com

BEST

St Kilda: Marshall, Ryder, Ross, Hill, Sinclair, Steele, Coffield, Lonie

But could Seb get a vote on here..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
I'd like to know why neither of those could include Long. Especially Saints.com, apparently Long not in the best 8 players???

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 07 Sep 2020 3:46pm

BEST

Saints.com

BEST

I'd like to know why neither of those could include Long. Especially Saints.com, apparently Long not in the best 8 players???
Long definitely in the top ten players.

BadRossco
Club Player

Must have got mixed up between Long and Lonie the latter certainly was not in the top ten

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BadRossco wrote: Mon 07 Sep 2020 4:33pm Must have got mixed up between Long and Lonie the latter certainly was not in the top ten
No but we would not have won without his score. :wink:

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

BEST

Saints.com

BEST

Ross included in my votes now :shock: 8 clearances, 5 clangers

Hold your ground :shock:
saynta
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote: Mon 07 Sep 2020 5:49pm

BEST

Saints.com

BEST

👌👍👍

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Marshall
Coff
Jones
Long
Steele

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saynta
Saintsational Legend

BEST

Saints.com

BEST

It is obvious from the coaches votes that you and I are in the knowledgable minority .🤭🤭🤗

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Obviously watching a game of footy is very different from a fan and supporter viewpoint versus coaches.

Coaches love stats. They have to look at stats throughout a match. They have no choice. Therefore, I reckon a majority of coaches look at the final stat sheet prior to giving coaches association votes.

It isn’t obvious....but I also reckon that many fans and supporters look at stats prior to giving votes

I think you either have a habit of not looking at stats and judging the game on what you see, or you are a person who needs the stats to make your final decision.

Personally, I prefer to rate players on their impact. I loved it when DownAtTheJunction was giving his impact scores each match. It was a very good numerical style of method of rating a player without just counting pure disposals.

If you do look at final stats before voting, it’s difficult to fight your eyes and you think back to the match and remember seeing a player with footy in hand on several occasions. Your brain is telling you that if he was in possession several times, no wonder he had so many disposals. Problem is that you probably don’t remember the quality of all those possessions.

In summary, it makes sense that people and some coaches may be influenced by stats when giving votes. Our brain is telling us not to ignore a player if they have the most disposals, regardless of their impact.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 08 Sep 2020 6:51pm Obviously watching a game of footy is very different from a fan and supporter viewpoint versus coaches.

Coaches love stats. They have to look at stats throughout a match. They have no choice. Therefore, I reckon a majority of coaches look at the final stat sheet prior to giving coaches association votes.

It isn’t obvious....but I also reckon that many fans and supporters look at stats prior to giving votes

I think you either have a habit of not looking at stats and judging the game on what you see, or you are a person who needs the stats to make your final decision.

Personally, I prefer to rate players on their impact. I loved it when DownAtTheJunction was giving his impact scores each match. It was a very good numerical style of method of rating a player without just counting pure disposals.

If you do look at final stats before voting, it’s difficult to fight your eyes and you think back to the match and remember seeing a player with footy in hand on several occasions. Your brain is telling you that if he was in possession several times, no wonder he had so many disposals. Problem is that you probably don’t remember the quality of all those possessions.

In summary, it makes sense that people and some coaches may be influenced by stats when giving votes. Our brain is telling us not to ignore a player if they have the most disposals, regardless of their impact.
What utter unadulterated rubbish. Do you just make up this s*** to try and justify your hatred of Ross. f****** pathetic.🙄🙄🙄

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

103 Marshall
65 Long
40.5 Steele
39 Hill
38 Coffield
29 Jones
19 Ryder
11 Ross
8.5 Sinclair
4 Howard
3 Kent

Therefore:
5 Marshall
4 Long
3 Steele
2 Hill
1 Coffield

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 08 Sep 2020 8:01pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 08 Sep 2020 6:51pm Obviously watching a game of footy is very different from a fan and supporter viewpoint versus coaches.

What utter unadulterated rubbish. Do you just make up this s*** to try and justify your hatred of Ross. f****** pathetic.🙄🙄🙄
It’s a general post for discussion and just just my opinion. I’m not specifically referring to Seb. Did I mention Ross at all in my post?

I don’t hate Ross, so don’t make up stuff either

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 08 Sep 2020 8:39pm

It’s a general post for discussion and just just my opinion. I’m not specifically referring to Seb. Did I mention Ross at all in my post?

Stick by what I posted.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 08 Sep 2020 9:21pm

Stick by what I posted.
That's good. I like a man who sticks by his guns. Ya have to have integrity, is what I say

Is Ross 197cm?

Naaaaaahhhhhh Just Joshin Ya :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 09 Sep 2020 2:01am
saynta wrote: Tue 08 Sep 2020 9:21pm

Stick by what I posted.
That's good. I like a man who sticks by his guns. Ya have to have integrity, is what I say

Is Ross 197cm?

Naaaaaahhhhhh Just Joshin Ya :wink:
That's what the guy said. :cry:

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Votes v Bigtime Hawker

saynta wrote: Tue 08 Sep 2020 4:13pm

BEST

Saints.com

BEST

It is obvious from the coaches votes that you and I are in the knowledgable minority .🤭🤭🤗
Honestly I have not seen the Coach's votes. I watch the game first, then I check out the Stats & Supercoach scores. Still good to know we are on the ball :shock: :wink:

Hold your ground :shock: