Tim Taranto Footy Classified

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tim Taranto Footy Classified

saynta wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 2:13pm
fugazi wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 2:08pm Muppet on SEN suggesting Gresham for Taranto.
Muppet's the right term. What would be the f****** point in that. :roll:
Some supporters have no idea about what Gresham brings and how dangerous he is at clearances and pushing forward.

Keep Gresh and Billings for that matter.

Nee!
ace
Saintsational Legend

GWS would want someone talented.

Do we have anyone talented who does not lived up to that talent ?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I would say that to get this done several players would be going out to get picks in.

Not sure what GWS would prefer, picks or picks + player.

Gresh would be untouchable surely.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 3:39pm I would say that to get this done several players would be going out to get picks in.

Not sure what GWS would prefer, picks or picks + player.

Gresh would be untouchable surely.
Surely this years and next years first picks would be required assuming they are both in the low teens.
Say #14 2020 & #16 2021 would be bare minimum for Taranto, I guess they'd want one pick under #10 and a second under #20 as a fair return.

It would be ridiculous to trade one of our better players in the right demographic to bring him in such as Clark, Coffield, Gresham etc ... we need to add talent, not add & lose it.

They are desperate for a decent ruck or even two so may need some picks to trade someone in.
Shame we don't still have Longer & Hickey on our list :wink:
Could they call Billy out of early retirement?

Can't see anyone we would potentially be happy to lose being of interest to GWS.
Dunstan, Webster, Carslile, Lonie, Kent, Robbo would have no real currency with GWS.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
damienc
Club Player

It's odd that we are chasing Taranto when he is contracted to the Giants until 2022.
Maybe he's indicated that he wants to come back to Melbourne and play for the Saints.
That is the only reason I can think of, that might be driving this.
Of course he would be a great get and worth going all in, to try and get.
Does this mean we've gone cold on Caldwell? Or Caldwell is planning to re sign with GWS?

Would love to know the background to all of this. I'm sure someone knows what's going on.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Probably won't happen, but would be exactly the right player to target with a big contract.

Nee!
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

bakes wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 10:37am
Vortex wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 10:22am This ecaxtly the player we need for our immediate and urgent shortfall in the midflied. Caldwell would only be good to us in 2 or more years, us being a top quality side in 2021.

The development of this list will stall or go into a holding pattern at best if our midfield has to rely on the likes of underdeveloped midfielders like Bytel and Jye to turn us into a top 4 side in 2021.

Go hard Letthers and Gubby, Tarranto is our man.

Jye would be icing on the cake though.
Agree 100% . No point going for midfielders that still need development. Let's go for broke.
Don't listen to SK - he'll find a way to drag every bit of hope and happiness into the gutter.

Jye's had 2 years of development in a gun system surrounded by guns at GWS. He had the raw talent and has been developed in an elite environment. In most other AFL teams - he would've played 30 games now. To contextualise it - I'd say that Jye's 11 games of midfield wouldn't be that many fewer that Hunter's number of midfield games.

Taranto is already an excellent player - Jye will get there if he's played more (which he will once he's not behind Hopper, Kelly, Coniglio, Whitfield, Perryman, Green, Kennedy etc)

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

damienc wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 4:30pm It's odd that we are chasing Taranto when he is contracted to the Giants until 2022.
Maybe he's indicated that he wants to come back to Melbourne and play for the Saints.
That is the only reason I can think of, that might be driving this.
Of course he would be a great get and worth going all in, to try and get.
Does this mean we've gone cold on Caldwell? Or Caldwell is planning to re sign with GWS?

Would love to know the background to all of this. I'm sure someone knows what's going on.
There's a massive sh1tfight going on at GWS. Conglio started it by insisting that he be sole Captain in 2020 (i.e. not sharing it with Phil Davis). Davis then cracked the sads mid-campaign and left the hub - for good - to go back to Sydney for simple finger surgery (the same type that Membrey had in Qld but stayed in the hub). Not exactly the conduct of an invested senior player. Tarranto (and a few others) and Conglio have had a blue - Tarranto had a pretty poor exit interview apparently. It's clearly an unhappy place full of elite talent and elite egos that have been co-existing effectively whilst the team was winning. Players also unhappy that Lenny has gone - apparently they loved him almost as much as we did.

We haven't gone cold on Caldwell at all - the Giants originally offered him 2 years on average money and we offered him 5 years on good money. GWS have now significantly upped their offer to Caldwell ... that may be because they know Tarranto wants to leave or, simply because they want to keep him (as they should - they can't have pick 11 mids walking after 2 years - that's a shocking look).

Personally - I'm barracking for J Cameron to stay at GWS - he's going to take-up a massive whack of their salary cap and may force a couple out.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 4:47pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 10:22am This ecaxtly the player we need for our immediate and urgent shortfall in the midflied. Caldwell would only be good to us in 2 or more years, us being a top quality side in 2021.

The development of this list will stall or go into a holding pattern at best if our midfield has to rely on the likes of underdeveloped midfielders like Bytel and Jye to turn us into a top 4 side in 2021.

Agree 100% . No point going for midfielders that still need development. Let's go for broke.
Don't listen to SK - he'll find a way to drag every bit of hope and happiness into the gutter.

Jye's had 2 years of development in a gun system surrounded by guns at GWS. He had the raw talent and has been developed in an elite environment. In most other AFL teams - he would've played 30 games now. To contextualise it - I'd say that Jye's 11 games of midfield wouldn't be that many fewer that Hunter's number of midfield games.

Taranto is already an excellent player - Jye will get there if he's played more (which he will once he's not behind Hopper, Kelly, Coniglio, Whitfield, Perryman, Green, Kennedy etc)
Jye & Taranto have both played forward a bit as well as mid which suits us. I’d much rather another mid rotating forward than a full time forward such as Kent.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
johnearljames
Club Player

Lock him in. Told you you wouldn't be disappointed. 😎

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

A mate, who is connected to the club, who has not failed me, yet never given me exact info says...
Roos trading picks and a key player to Essendon and Essendon dealing picks and key player to Giants, we are in deal for a 1 North player, 1 North pick and we are sending 1 player and 1 pick to Roos, we are sending 1 player to Essendon ( claims its a defender) we get a pick from Essendon... finally we are sending 2 players to Giants, 2 picks - 1 from North and 1 from Essendon and 1 future pick and getting 1 player from Giants . Big wigs have already met twice in the hub.

Its confusing, I copied his text exactly, It could've been written clearer lol.

He was spot on last year but, again no specifics so it feel like a kick in the balls.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I know we did amazing things last year, but surely this can't be true. It's just bonkers that GWS would let go of a contracted gun midfielder, and as far as Essendon being involved....well....we know how Dildoro operates, which makes this whole thing mind boggling

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 6:52pm Lock him in. Told you you wouldn't be disappointed. 😎
Nice work Teddy, our resident ITK comes through again 8-)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 6:57pm A mate, who is connected to the club, who has not failed me, yet never given me exact info says...
Roos trading picks and a key player to Essendon and Essendon dealing picks and key player to Giants, we are in deal for a 1 North player, 1 North pick and we are sending 1 player and 1 pick to Roos, we are sending 1 player to Essendon ( claims its a defender) we get a pick from Essendon... finally we are sending 2 players to Giants, 2 picks - 1 from North and 1 from Essendon and 1 future pick and getting 1 player from Giants . Big wigs have already met twice in the hub.

He was spot on last year but, again no specifics so it feel like a kick in the balls.
So we lose
- 4 players
- 1 x 2020 pick to North (assume it is 4th round)
- 1 x 2021 pick to GWS (assume it is 1st round)

And we gain
- North Player
- GWS Player

At that price it better be Higgins and Taranto!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 2:28pm GWS would want someone talented.

Do we have anyone talented who does not lived up to that talent ?
we bundled him off to freo last season.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 4:47pm

Dry your eyes princess. It's a cruel world sometimes and every now and then you don't get your own way.

We know you want Jye at the club and that so if the club snares him you can put his number on your duffle coat.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 6:57pm A mate, who is connected to the club, who has not failed me, yet never given me exact info says...

So
IN one GWS and one North player in
OUT four players out plus two picks.
with an exchange of picks (so could be plus or minus)

Hard to envisage who from the Saints that GWS would want, that we would be ok to lose and especially two such players.

Is say Taranto and Higgins for Lonie, Billings, Carlisle and Webster and picks a win or a loss?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
johnearljames
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 7:11pm
johnearljames wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 6:52pm Lock him in. Told you you wouldn't be disappointed. 😎
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101398&start=25#p1871642

😎

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

So we give up four good players (presumably to attract picks in return) and a first rnd for one player, seems like a high price to pay

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 7:40pm

😎
Ted the troll strikes again! :lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
johnearljames
Club Player

My wife's jealousy is getting ridiculous. The other day she looked at my calendar and wanted to know who May was.

Rodney Dangerfield

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Ted is getting closer to having to change his Nic again 😊

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 7:40pm

😎
Yep, just read where you wrote we were getting Taranto, another great scoop Teddy, well done! 8-)

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 8:09pm Ted is getting closer to having to change his Nic again 😊
Don't think he's alone either, Karen is just waiting to explode for banning number, what is it? 12?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

it’s so Tedistic !!!

:D

you have more front than Westfield Ted

re the next id ,
knowing that you like your 3 barrel moniker

please come back as ferrymcferryface

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.