Kudos to St Kilda FC

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Kudos to St Kilda FC

For the first time in my 56 years does our club have competent people right across the club. Its no surprise that we now have good players wanting to come to the club.

Finnis has taken us back to Moorabbin and provided a sound and stable club.
Lethlean is a super star. He has pulled all the right strings and made the right appointments in the Football Dept.
Gallagher is the best list manager in the AFL.
Gubby Allen his experience and influence has been invaluable
Libartore for the first time in years we get most draft picks right.

We have the right coach in Ratten supported by David Rath and good assistants.

The list is in good shape and will only be better after the trade & draft periods are finished.

Most importantly we have a strong and supportive President in Bassett and his board.

I have just renewed next years memberships because with the people above in charge I believe we are garunteed good times ahead as a Saints supporters.
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Thu 05 Nov 2020 4:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kudos to St Kilda FC

Jake Niall in The Age also commenting on our improvement as a whole club :

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sai ... 56bl4.html

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 10:31pm For the first time in my 56 yearw does our club have competent people right across the club. Its no surprise that we now have good players wanting to come to the club.

Lethlean is a super star. He has pulled all the right strings and made the right appointments in the Football Dept.

The list is in good shape and will only be better after the trade & draft periods are finished.

Most importantly we have a strong and supportive President in Bassett and his board.

I have just renewed next years memberships because with the people above in charge I believe we are garunteed good times ahead as a Saints supporters.
Well said. The highlighted area is no doubt what brings this all together. No fuss, no chest thumping, just a focussed ideal. Little wonder he's made billions ensuring the right people are identified to fill roles in all manner of industry.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 10:31pm For the first time in my 56 yearw does our club have competent people right across the club. Its no surprise that we now have good players wanting to come to the club.

To be fair IS - it was actually Peter Summers who got the club back on foot to come home to Moorabbin. It was literally him and Finnis (once he came on board), charged with executing that. But make no mistake - it was Peter. Whilst he might've been a quiet, backroom operator - make no mistake - it was him and his drive and vision to lobby the Kingston council and State Government that got it moving

Go you red, black & white warriors
asiu
Saintsational Legend

every overnight success does so
on the step by step work of their predecessors

big kudos to our mob
past ‘n present
for working our foundation/s

every bit counts

now it’s growth not survival ... tick

gotta have a launch pad
for your rocket

or as they say in the classics

your f***ed before you start.

GO US

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 9:02am every overnight success does so
on the step by step work of their predecessors

big kudos to our mob
past ‘n present
for working our foundation/s

every bit counts

now it’s growth not survival ... tick

gotta have a launch pad
for your rocket

or as they say in the classics

your f***ed before you start.

GO US
Noice mate. Well said. Hell yeah GO US.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm really liking my club atm
in the past it was fingers crossed .....now I have a feeling that luck is becoming the lesser component.

Saintmike65
Club Player

Well said..it is very rare that we Saints fans can say we're proud of our club, we certainly can now!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I would contend that at the start of the Naughties that we were a very well run club. Unfortunately some ego clashes emerged and got in the way of that being sustained and individuals put themselves before the club.

So now we are equally as good, if not better, let us hope that egos do not yet again rock the boat.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Josh Battle
Club Player

Great thread. Well done to Lethlean and the board for appointing Brett Ratten.

Loving our new coach and loving the Saints game style. It's enjoyable watching our team.

That's what barracking for a footy club is all about.

Just watched the Carlton game, the Swans game and the Gold Coast game.

As Molly would say...do yourself the favour if you have a few hours spare

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

We are attracting players - and it's our facilities, the admin, our recruiters finally taking a more focussed approach and the coach earning the players' respect and galvanising our players which are all factors in this.

The mature-bodied, game-hardened recruits - such as McKernan, Ryder, etc (even if they are alternated) and especially Crouch in the midfield ... will help make us a more physical side overall - so, next time we come up against a team like Richmond in the finals, we will be able to physically cope and maybe even give some of their medicine back.

Some of the recruiting is short-term - but, it is aiming for a better-balanced, more physical side with the finals in mind.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Great OP. I was looking forward to this year, not knowing what we could do but expecting improvement. Now I can’t wait for next season to start. Haven’t wanted round one to come this much for 10 years. The sky’s the limit!

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
stkfc1
Club Player

With the natural progression of Clark, Coff, Paton, Gresh etc and another good midfielder in Crouch, we are poised to really give Top 4 a shake. It's going to be tough with other teams like Dogs, West Coast also missing out on Top 4 this year but I reckon 22 will be our year to really impact finals and the bar must be Top 4 by then.

Would be nice if we made it to another Semi at least, next year. It's going to be a tougher draw also. Cant wait for Round 1 to start already to see how it all unfolds.

Vazelos
Club Player

Peter Summers gets big ticks for the relocation back to Moorabbin and the renegotiation of the Etihad stadium deal under his management but the football side didn’t go to plan. Nevertheless under his watch he set a strong foundation for the next step and that was to nail the football department which has taken hide strides since Lethlean came in and brought Gallagher Rath Ratten etc which is showing the signs of strong improvement.
Saying that they are getting huge press at the moment which I’m not 100% comfortable with its better to stay under the radar. Lauding victories in traded over other clubs will incite our competition and make our negotiations harder on the future we are not there yet but we are sure getting closer.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

I love the way our club is going. This current era has all the hallmarks of the 2003 - 2010 era. Onfield we will be fine for the medium term. My only worry is the offield situation. History in my opinion is a great indicator for the future. I hope this saying proves to be wrong though. In our last successful period we wiped out our debt completely. Yet by 2014 we had finished last again and were deeply in debt yet again. Scroll forward another 6 years and our debt is so huge ($20 Million approx), that if we were a business we would have been forced into liquidation by now. I really hope we can somehow get NZ up and running in the foreseeable future. We can't afford to have crowds of under 20,000 when we are playing these low drawing non Victorian teams. It probably won't be an issue for the next 5 years because we now have a strong team but when we are near the bottom of the ladder again and the attendances dry up it will hurt.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

so ,

the New Zealand thing is ‘bait’ ,
floated out under a balloon like the kiwi’s do ... yea ?

one of Nexus’s hobby horses

and the suggestion is
.., you’re ‘pretending’ to be Nexus

thats a troll

good work .

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I still don’t know the relationship between attendance and money to the club in the direct and indirect route.

Perhaps those fans are playing the Moorabbin pokies on a bleak Sunday twilight against Gold Coast?

TV audience matters, right? How does it stack up?

Friday night.
Collingwood home game against Carlton at the G.
Crowd...60K at game?
120K on Telly?

St Kilda vs Fremantle ..Docklands. Sat night.
..18K at ground..
100K on my Telly? (WA mongrels for brains fans included)

Sunday twilight same games.
Coll vs Carl 40k but 120K on Telly.
St K vs Freo 18K but 100K Telly.

Where does the money flow?
Sunday evening TV advertising slots ...vs Fri night? Hungry Jacks vs Mercedes Benz?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

History is only repeated if it is not learned from. Something for the mods to consider.

ace
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 12:03am I still don’t know the relationship between attendance and money to the club in the direct and indirect route.

Perhaps those fans are playing the Moorabbin pokies on a bleak Sunday twilight against Gold Coast?

TV audience matters, right? How does it stack up?

Friday night.
Collingwood home game against Carlton at the G.
Crowd...60K at game?
120K on Telly?

St Kilda vs Fremantle ..Docklands. Sat night.
..18K at ground..
100K on my Telly? (WA mongrels for brains fans included)

Sunday twilight same games.
Coll vs Carl 40k but 120K on Telly.
St K vs Freo 18K but 100K Telly.

Where does the money flow?
Sunday evening TV advertising slots ...vs Fri night? Hungry Jacks vs Mercedes Benz?
Telly money goes to the AFL.
But indirect TV advertising goes to club.
Indirect advertising of club sponsors end up with the club (bigger sponsorship).
Gate receipts and memberships go to club.

But club pays for ground use.
AFL now owns Docklands stadium.
But it was mostly repurchased over the years through excessive rental paid by Dockland's based clubs.
Collingwood , Richmond, Hawthorn, through the AFL, share in the ownership but did not contribute to the repurchase as did the Dockland' based clubs.

Eddie McGuire is president of Cheatingwood.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA