This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kilda
Club Player

Re: 2021

Some of the most unheralded recruits to the club have been off-field. Not just bringing in coaching talent in the form of Ratts & Roughy but our list recruitment and administrative sides. I can’t recall the last time the club was so stable, focused and driven for excellence

minneapolis
Club Player

Kilda wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 10:58pm Some of the most unheralded recruits to the club have been off-field. Not just bringing in coaching talent in the form of Ratts & Roughy but our list recruitment and administrative sides. I can’t recall the last time the club was so stable, focused and driven for excellence
And, oh what a surprise, see the difference on the field.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Saintmike65
Club Player

bangaulegend wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 9:55pm
The Fireman wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 9:13pm
bangaulegend wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 9:01pm Looking forward to 2021 but expectation has always been a downer for me , get my hopes up & reality brings me back to earth pretty quick but yeah I'm up beat
been around too long to harbour false expectations ..hell I used to think we would do well each season in the 80's .. the naivety was replaced with glass half empty mindset. My Glass is now realistically half full.
Nup.. this is something else.. the club is being run in an aggressive and clever manner .. Skeptic touched on bad management and loading up with list cloggers...the club is now ruthless with it's culling.
We now have some young superstars who can only improve and seasoned top grade players who want to wear our guernsey.

so yep...happy days.
Yeah mate starting to become a destination club which is great , that's why the Caldwell situation amazes me :? . I know his family are Saint supporters & we were offering similar deals but he chose those drug f-----g cheating a---holes over us . I just don't get it . Oh well if we can snag Higgins it will make up for it . Go Sainters
Don't stress about Caldwell, good judges believe Bytel's a better prospect...anyway, would have likely lost our first round pick altogether had Caldwell chosen us.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 8:00am Very true Firey. 2021 is exciting for a number of reasons. No less a simple build on 2020. I want to see Crouch & Higgins fit in and add to our mix.
I want to marvel at the ruck work of Ryder and how he works in tandem with Marshall.
I want to watch Bytel, Clavarino, King develop and announce themselves.
I look forward to Clark, Coffield & Paton take further steps to All Australians.
I look forward to watching our young defence lock down, support each other and attack whether that is through the middle or through the wings using Hill, Jones, Battle and Billings.
I have enormous faith in Ratten & Roughead building belief, standards and expectation within the club.
My fingers are crossed for the 20's to be the most successful era in St Kilda's history.
Clavarino and Lonie don't have contracts for next year, so their places on the list arw shaky at best. Clavarino more so if Chips signs on.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 10:44am
Ghost Like wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 8:00am Very true Firey. 2021 is exciting for a number of reasons. No less a simple build on 2020. I want to see Crouch & Higgins fit in and add to our mix.
I want to marvel at the ruck work of Ryder and how he works in tandem with Marshall.
I look forward to Clark, Coffield & Paton take further steps to All Australians.
I look forward to watching our young defence lock down, support each other and attack whether that is through the middle or through the wings using Hill, Jones, Battle and Billings.
I have enormous faith in Ratten & Roughead building belief, standards and expectation within the club.
My fingers are crossed for the 20's to be the most successful era in St Kilda's history.
Clavarino and Lonie don't have contracts for next year, so their places on the list arw shaky at best. Clavarino more so if Chips signs on.
I really hope we trust our development of Clav. Find it amazing Chips is even being discussed. There's a reason he "retired". Literally cooked before retirement.

Especially entering a season with a reduced list.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 12:15pm
saynta wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 10:44am
I really hope we trust our development of Clav. Find it amazing Chips is even being discussed. There's a reason he "retired". Literally cooked before retirement.

Especially entering a season with a reduced list.
Agree with you. Sometimes you need to take a chance on the kids. The tosser never did, to his ultimate detriment.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I am hoping for a steady rise...like the 1920s

1920 - 1924. (VFL had nine teams)

1920 Spoon
1921. 8th (nine teams)
1922 7th
1923 6th!
1924 Spoon (don’t hang your head tho...)

1925. (VFL explodes...12 teams) We take advantage...6th!
1926 9th
1927 7th Here we come!!
1928 6th!!
1929 4th FINALS!!!!

1920s
From Spoon to Finals
2020s
From FINALS to FLAG!!!!! :D

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!