Ben Long Omitted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ben Long Omitted

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 1:14pm
desertsaint wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 11:56am Fair enough. Long needs to get his head in order. That ump talk showed us that he is well and truly in their sights and will be getting the wrong side of the call, fair or not. Need to break it now. It's a wake up call. He'll be back, but if he can't keep himself in check he'll be a liability going forward.
Before I get branded as an ump-hater...
Umps always have favourites like Duckwood, Dusty, etc
and the ones they target, like Stevie Baker and now Long.
They're only human.

Maybe, but sub-human is a better fit imhfo.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

sks023 wrote: Fri 02 Apr 2021 11:46pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Fri 02 Apr 2021 11:09pm
sks023 wrote: Fri 02 Apr 2021 9:37pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Fri 02 Apr 2021 8:09pm
B.M wrote: Fri 02 Apr 2021 6:44pm Form thing

He not playing that well, and he’s not very good.
But Hill who has been absolute sh1te...he's okay?
I mean on a scale of pathetic Hill is leaps ahead of Long. At least Long tries and doesn't stand around acting like he's at a risk aversion seminar or look like a seagull lurking around the beach hoping just perhaps someone will drop a chip and it falls his way so he can fly off with it....

That said, Long does need to work on composure and disposals lol.
Hill led the team in pressure acts last week so you might want to reconsider who's shite.
Yeah, never been too sure about the "pressure acts"

Corralling – when a player guards space so an opponent is limited with run and where he can go;
Chasing – a player from behind and gaining ground;
Closing – a player down from in front or to the side of his disposal;
Physical pressure – when a player gets a hand to a player while he is disposing of the ball.

They say if a player has more than 15-20 pressure acts he has significantly impacted a game. So with 27 he must have totally influenced the game....show me how he did that?

7 turnovers, 3 contested possessions out of 21 possessions, zero goal assists, 2 score involvements, 1 clearance, 1 - 1%'er, 3 inside 50's...

I saw him chasing and gain ground but always too late, I saw him "almost" tackle and "almost" touch several players and he did get 4 tackles...he is actually a very smart player with incredible speed, agility and capacity. He can influence a game.
But he hasn't this year and only twice last year in my opinion. He's in his prime and cost us a fortune. He's at best 50% of his best year at Freo.
That's why I say he's playing sh1te... because he is...he doesn't have to, but for whatever reason he is....some say his brilliance was because of Fyfe. He only excels when someone else does the hard work and flicks him an easy possession to run off with...so far it seems possible but not confirmed.
If he doesn't start changing, impacting and influencing the outcome of games he's a bust.

Also, to counter my own attack on Hill, he has played in defence 80% of each game in Rd 1 & 2 which is not his best role, he's best when he pkays close to 50/50.

2019 Rd 1 was one of his best vs a pathetic Roos but still he had 24 pressure acts which led to 13 score involvements and 11 contested possessions, 4 intercept possessions. He's not getting that impact right now.

I WANT Hill & Long to rise up & be the incredible players I know they can be...Long hasn't had the opportunities yet and Hill seems to fit in but not actually fit IN yet. I'm hoping for the best.
Why do you need to counter you attack on Hill? You said he was a shite pathetic seagull so go with it mate.
We shall see who's shite or not
U got me....Hill looks sooooooooo good. More of the pressure acts you mentioned, where he chases players without catching them but gives them anxiety.

The Barometer
Club Player

So what you want about Long at least he gives a contest.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The Barometer wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 5:23pm So what you want about Long at least he gives a contest.
I said this morn in this thread, that Long would play.

He has a heart as big as Phar Lap
Last edited by WellardSaint on Sat 03 Apr 2021 8:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
sks023
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 5:18pm

I mean on a scale of pathetic Hill is leaps ahead of Long. At least Long tries and doesn't stand around acting like he's at a risk aversion seminar or look like a seagull lurking around the beach hoping just perhaps someone will drop a chip and it falls his way so he can fly off with it....

Hill led the team in pressure acts last week so you might want to reconsider who's shite.
Apart from jack Steele who else is playing a game worth mentioning ? The problem is far beyond pointing the finger at Mr Shite

Corralling – when a player guards space so an opponent is limited with run and where he can go;
Physical pressure – when a player gets a hand to a player while he is disposing of the ball.

They say if a player has more than 15-20 pressure acts he has significantly impacted a game. So with 27 he must have totally influenced the game....show me how he did that?

7 turnovers, 3 contested possessions out of 21 possessions, zero goal assists, 2 score involvements, 1 clearance, 1 - 1%'er, 3 inside 50's...

I saw him chasing and gain ground but always too late, I saw him "almost" tackle and "almost" touch several players and he did get 4 tackles...he is actually a very smart player with incredible speed, agility and capacity. He can influence a game.
But he hasn't this year and only twice last year in my opinion. He's in his prime and cost us a fortune. He's at best 50% of his best year at Freo.
That's why I say he's playing sh1te... because he is...he doesn't have to, but for whatever reason he is....some say his brilliance was because of Fyfe. He only excels when someone else does the hard work and flicks him an easy possession to run off with...so far it seems possible but not confirmed.
If he doesn't start changing, impacting and influencing the outcome of games he's a bust.

Also, to counter my own attack on Hill, he has played in defence 80% of each game in Rd 1 & 2 which is not his best role, he's best when he pkays close to 50/50.

2019 Rd 1 was one of his best vs a pathetic Roos but still he had 24 pressure acts which led to 13 score involvements and 11 contested possessions, 4 intercept possessions. He's not getting that impact right now.

I WANT Hill & Long to rise up & be the incredible players I know they can be...Long hasn't had the opportunities yet and Hill seems to fit in but not actually fit IN yet. I'm hoping for the best.
Why do you need to counter you attack on Hill? You said he was a shite pathetic seagull so go with it mate.
U got me....Hill looks sooooooooo good. More of the pressure acts you mentioned, where he chases players without catching them but gives them anxiety.

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
sks023
Club Player

sks023 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 6:44pm

Apart from jack Steele who else is playing a game worth mentioning ? The problem is far beyond pointing the finger at Mr Shite

Apart from Steele the whole team has looked shite
The problem has gone way beyond Hill

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

sks023 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 6:51pm

Can't argue we are not playing with any passion ir confidence. Did you see my point about Hill sitting in defence 100% up to half? If he IS going to break his funk we can't slot him down back the whole game because we don't have any defence.

Winmore
Club Player

Pressure acts. Bahahaha

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Just for the record can the Richo haters tell me how many 12 goal defeats we had during his tenure?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 7:11pm Just for the record can the Richo haters tell me how many 12 goal defeats we had during his tenure?
Plenty

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 7:11pm Just for the record can the Richo haters tell me how many 12 goal defeats we had during his tenure?
We won a wooden spoon with him

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 7:18pm
We won a wooden spoon with him
Yes, part of a plan!
Look at all the goals our number 1 pick has delivered. :oops:

shrodes
SS Life Member

10 over 72 points. And another 2-3 around 69-71 points.
Including a 145 point loss to Hawks.

sks023
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 7:02pm

Can't argue we are not playing with any passion ir confidence. Did you see my point about Hill sitting in defence 100% up to half? If he IS going to break his funk we can't slot him down back the whole game because we don't have any defence.
Hill was shite !

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

sks023 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 9:06pm

Hill was shite !
Ordinary at best IMO

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

sks023 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 9:06pm

Hill was shite !
Are we doing devils advocate, Freaky Friday body swap or just gutted & delirious from flogging?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

How good was our list when we won the wooden spoon?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Is not AFL standard.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 11:06pm How good was our list when we won the wooden spoon?
Sadly as good as our selection abilities for the #1 draft pick.