Hunter Clark

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Hunter Clark

I love him. But. This level of effort can’t be tolerated any further. 3 weeks in the VFL minimum. Grow a heart.

Sombersainter
Club Player

Re: Hunter Clark

I observed after round 1 that he doesn’t run straight at the ball. He runs a little arc, hoping that someone else grabs the ball and takes the hit. He isn’t alone and too many are soft and scared. We lose the free count because we are second to the ball.

Sombersainter
Club Player

I observed after round 1 that he doesn’t run straight at the ball. He runs a little arc, hoping that someone else grabs the ball and takes the hit. He isn’t alone and too many are soft and scared. We lose the free count because we are second to the ball.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

What rubbish.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

ffs

B.M
Saintsational Legend

He’s not fit - you can tell that by looking at him.

Good player, but not a hard runner and was shown up today.

He needs to be 30% fitter

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Sombersainter wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 9:52pm I observed after round 1 that he doesn’t run straight at the ball. He runs a little arc, hoping that someone else grabs the ball and takes the hit. He isn’t alone and too many are soft and scared. We lose the free count because we are second to the ball.
I didn't really notice that TBH,
but if you're right, then maybe most of the team want to play bruise-free footy and get cheap easy possessions.

By golly if you're right, Ratts better be onto it in post-match review and rip em all a new one, teach em a lesson and reinforce it as a non-negotiable

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021 12:21am
Sombersainter wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 9:52pm I observed after round 1 that he doesn’t run straight at the ball. He runs a little arc, hoping that someone else grabs the ball and takes the hit. He isn’t alone and too many are soft and scared. We lose the free count because we are second to the ball.
I didn't really notice that TBH,
but if you're right, then maybe most of the team want to play bruise-free footy and get cheap easy possessions.

By golly if you're right, Ratts better be onto it in post-match review and rip em all a new one, teach em a lesson and reinforce it as a non-negotiable
It is common to do that by the looks, to arc. More balance, momentum, and if someone is charging you present sloping and slippery armour instead of a broadside. Spinning and curling, whipping the ball up in high arms and pivoting and spinning away seems to be one of the escape techniques too.

that said, him and Coffield ...both stars last year, are barely there at the moment. Sinclair too., although he wasn't a star. They all have class, but they are way below their best.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

My biggest concern is the amount of times he falls over on the ground, a real bad case of Autumn leaves. He probably draws and wears more tackles than anyone. This is a good thing because he does draw two or three.

I agree with B.M. in that he could be a lot fitter which may naturally stop him falling to the ground.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

He’s a better HBF at the moment then a mid

And the defence looks better with him there

SaintDippa
Club Player

On the fitness angle, Clark did look like he lacked his normal zip but so did about 18 other team mates. Did we just finish a loading knowing WCE, Tigs and Port are coming up? Got ahead of ourselves and penned in R1/2/3?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 1:23pm On the fitness angle, Clark did look like he lacked his normal zip but so did about 18 other team mates. Did we just finish a loading knowing WCE, Tigs and Port are coming up? Got ahead of ourselves and penned in R1/2/3?
I highly doubt that. If we did we'd be the most arrogant, dumbest team ever. Who can bank wins in this comp? Unless you're playing Nth Melb no game is a gimmee.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 1:23pm On the fitness angle, Clark did look like he lacked his normal zip but so did about 18 other team mates. Did we just finish a loading knowing WCE, Tigs and Port are coming up? Got ahead of ourselves and penned in R1/2/3?
I wrote somewhere else that they reminded me of swimmers and athletes who are often asked to compete in the middle of a heavy loading training phase fir various reasons.

Just flat and can’t raise any intensity or speed.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

It’s a big mistake if you are right. Good footy seasons are about confidence and momentum.

A good start is vital and we have missed the jump.

Trends become obvious pretty early as a rule. Percentage is a good indicator of where your club is at. Ours is awful.