Max King Post Concussion?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Fugazi1966
Club Player

Max King Post Concussion?

Does not look right to me.
Even when you technically recover enough to pass concussion tests, you can still suffer the fatigue of post concussion.

He looked listless to me and had no 2 nd effort at all.

shrodes
SS Life Member

Re: Max King Post Concussion?

So were 99% of the team concussed? Because most all of them looked listless and with no second effort. I really don’t think concussion has anything to do with it.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Hard to tell. Did he drop marks consistently before the golfing thing?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Plays from behind (maybe an instruction?) looking for out the back or over the top mark from deep entries.

Was well beaten yesterday when he played deep

Took a couple of good grabs when he played a little higher after halftime but what I don’t understand is for such a mobile big target, he is so stationary and relies on contested marks (at 90kg)
Never does he get on his bike and take easy uncontested marks?

Also,
For a 202cm key forward, he has no presence. Poor body language, hunched over and when he’s kicking at goal he looks nervous and toe pokes it. Instead of going back and just going bang!!

All the best power forwards had swagger, even at a young age (Brown, Tredrea, Fevola, Lloyd, Riewoldt, Lynch)
Max looks timid I’m afraid to say.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Scary...gets hit with a golf ball...remians stoic and goes home...deteriorates...hospital...one week...dead.

So folks. Do get checked out.

About Max.

His kicking for goal during the match was described as 'lazy' by Jason Dunstall (was it Dunstall...one of the FOX experts) and that surprised me. Later got into a scuffle too.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Anyone who has watched the Saints train in 2020 would know Max leaves Nick Hind for dead in a 40 meter sprint.

Yesterday Hind ran past Max like he was standing still to tackle Billings. Max didn’t block and didn’t seem to care.

Didn’t look like he was trying.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Fugazi1966
Club Player

shrodes wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021 8:11am So were 99% of the team concussed? Because most all of them looked listless and with no second effort. I really don’t think concussion has anything to do with it.
Fair point, if I was looking at Max King is isolation however, I would have my suspicions.
Post concussion might just take 5-10% out of you, not really that much difference in everyday life but exposed when you're playing top grade sport.
His hold body language and tone is understimulated, ie switched off.
Don't be surprised if he is given a month off shortly

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Do we actually believe he had a concussion from a golf ball?
He didn't play the last practice match because of precaution over an 'ankle'
The next day he's out on a golf course and gets hit in the head by a golf ball?
Wouldn't be the first time a Club has fudged what is actually wrong with a player.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I wish the guy well, but I think what we see from Max now is probably as good as it's going to get. 202cm forwards who spill marks consistently, don't seem to do leading to the ball naturally and play from behind don't have a long stay in senior football, probably unless they can do some ruck work. Membrey is better playing deep in the FF role, and I reckon Max gets in the way in the forward line- they don't work well together. How about Max at CHB? Got good pace and agility, and may find he can be better as an intercept mark with space to move. Lots of forwards have become great backmen over the years.

Fugazi1966
Club Player

spert wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021 4:39pm I wish the guy well, but I think what we see from Max now is probably as good as it's going to get. 202cm forwards who spill marks consistently, don't seem to do leading to the ball naturally and play from behind don't have a long stay in senior football, probably unless they can do some ruck work. Membrey is better playing deep in the FF role, and I reckon Max gets in the way in the forward line- they don't work well together. How about Max at CHB? Got good pace and agility, and may find he can be better as an intercept mark with space to move. Lots of forwards have become great backmen over the years.
Still finding his way, look at Carlton McKay, just now starting to turn it on. I've got no fears for Max being a really good KPF in time, but something is currently not right with him

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Problem with Max is that our mid field is currently fkn useless bar Steele

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

He’s not doing himself any favours by not presenting

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Easiest way for a 202cm quick agile forward to get a kick is get on his bike, get on the lead and take the ball at it’s highest point.

Have a look at some footage of the previous guy who wore #12.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like the Suns got the better King .

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
silverhalo
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021 4:19pm Do we actually believe he had a concussion from a golf ball?
He didn't play the last practice match because of precaution over an 'ankle'
The next day he's out on a golf course and gets hit in the head by a golf ball?
Wouldn't be the first time a Club has fudged what is actually wrong with a player.
Not made up, my son knows the guy that was responsible :o

silverhalo
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021 7:37pm Easiest way for a 202cm quick agile forward to get a kick is get on his bike, get on the lead and take the ball at it’s highest point.

Have a look at some footage of the previous guy who wore #12.
He's still pretty raw, cut him some slack. Will play like Roo once he gets a better tank....

silverhalo
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021 2:58pm Anyone who has watched the Saints train in 2020 would know Max leaves Nick Hind for dead in a 40 meter sprint.

Yesterday Hind ran past Max like he was standing still to tackle Billings. Max didn’t block and didn’t seem to care.

Max doesn't look quite right, I agree. Nick Hind does have rare pace though, I was p***ed off that we traded him for bugger all and yesterday's game just reinforces my view....should have kept him!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Why didn’t he shepherd

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

silverhalo wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021 8:49pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021 2:58pm Anyone who has watched the Saints train in 2020 would know Max leaves Nick Hind for dead in a 40 meter sprint.

Max doesn't look quite right, I agree. Nick Hind does have rare pace though, I was p***ed off that we traded him for bugger all and yesterday's game just reinforces my view....should have kept him!
Hind isn't that quick in my opinion.
I watched them train and run a few times last year and there were a few quicker than Hind, Max in particular would blitz Hind over 30-40mt. He also got slaughtered in the GF sprint.

What Hind does have is pretty good acceleration to get to top speed quickly, he's very agile and he uses every ounce of his speed to his benefit with intent, like Jones does. Some players have pace but don't know how to use it effectively, Hind uses all he has.

Either Max wasn't right or is flat or disinterested, to not block Hind in that chase or to out run him was very ordinary as it was well within his capability if he is OK.

I'm not bagging Max, I'm a huge fan, but regardless of age or experience putting in effort is a non-negotiable and he didn't do it yesterday for whatever reason.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

IMO nothing has really changed our delivery is still sh-t we have a fast athletic guy who is 200 cm + that doesn't demand the ball on a lead. To be fair Tom Hawkins took a while to develop into the player he is today but he is continually leading & gets most of his goal scoring opportunities from fast lead & strong hands . Max has all the attributes to be a super star so we really need to get better at using what he has to offer but so does he

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Fugazi1966 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 8:12pm Does not look right to me.
Even when you technically recover enough to pass concussion tests, you can still suffer the fatigue of post concussion.

He looked listless to me and had no 2 nd effort at all.
I put the blame on Bell.

s*** footballer and evidently a s*** golfer. :roll: