Hill on foxtall tonight. 8.pm.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Hill on foxtall tonight. 8.pm.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hill on foxtall tonight. 8.pm.

oops..sorry .

Cordz2
Club Player

Yokayi interview.
Hill admits to the highest pressure in his career. Doesn’t seem to know how to handle it. My impression was that he was Very passive in communication and seems unsure of himself. Lots of maybes, probablys should’ves. Doesn’t seem invested in the team at all. Just like he seems from watching him play.
Not looking like any radical changes coming this week.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Cordz2 wrote: Wed 07 Apr 2021 8:47pm Yokayi interview.
Hill admits to the highest pressure in his career. Doesn’t seem to know how to handle it. My impression was that he was Very passive in communication and seems unsure of himself. Lots of maybes, probablys should’ves. Doesn’t seem invested in the team at all. Just like he seems from watching him play.
He sounds like he plays.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I got that impression also and it also struck me that he said something along the line of, "obviously the team is playing well", when asked about his own performance. I'm cautious about reading too much into it as he might just not be an articulate or confident TV performer but gthat sound bite did catch my ear. I also note he said he's only concerned about what his coaches and teammates think about his performance but I hope he understands he also hasn't quite earnt the respect of the supporters.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn’t read too much into “yeah nah’s”
He is laid back suspect that’s him
I could care less what any of them say on tv tbh I’ll watch this week won’t expect a win but if effort, manic intensity and pressure isn’t there then it’s witch hunt time
Not negotiable at this level that you pick and choose when you try
This club for all the shyte it’s delivered to its loyal paid up members overs years owes at a minimum effort every week
When we lost to a better Rich team in finals last year I walked away content we tried , fell short on talent pound for pound but we had a go. I can stomach that.
That soul destroying rubbish served up last week and after half time week before is unforgivable
Action time Saints do it. Not interested in words.

“Yeah….nah””
saintkid
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 07 Apr 2021 9:07pm
He sounds like he plays.
I agree. :shock:
Now watching Chris McDermott on Front Bar. Aside from a second Jack Steele or a Lenny Hayes (we can only wish), that's the sort of player type we needed. Hard, tough, inspirational and at the same time humble and level-headed.