Brad Hill iis a Cancer that needs excising

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MickThomas
Club Player

Re: Brad Hill iis a Cancer that needs excising

Enrico_Misso wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 1:11am
1965 Saint wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 12:03am
IluvHarvey wrote: Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:18pm Not playing well but don’t know how it’s obvious the players don’t want him in the team.
In the first quarter he was creating space and calling for the ball and the players were, every time, purposely avoiding him even if it meant turning it over. I would have thought blind freddy could have seen that
Agree, there was several times when Hill was screaming for it and our players preferred to avoid him even if there was no other loose player.
After the Injectors' game, Ratts said the guys aren't giving it to Hill, they're not using his pace.

It's still obvious, hey.
Are they all dirty on him getting an exemption to tackle and chase because he's 'cough' the 'silk' or the 'cream'?

Everyone in a team has to do the hard things.
He can get knotted, as far as I'm concerned

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
chook23
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:53pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:40pm Personally think the criticism is overblown because of salary

Hill was all over the ground and works hard. He’s not a tough player and is found wanting too often in contests but that’s to be expected

If we shovel the ball out to him, he’s a killer
Why is it to be expected?

I would have thought not ducking your head in marking contests and laying basic tackles would be expected for every player on the list.
Yep...

saint4life
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Ever noticed how in gridiron the Quarterback will throw the ball away or surrender in a tackle if he can't get a clear pass away and the defence is pressing. Why. Because although they are typically extremely big men they are not there to tackle and be sacked they are there to deliver the ball. Apparently they still get paid a lot for their skills. Now in mixed martial arts a different set of tactics applies. So that charming title; there is no place for a reference to that horrible disease in denigrating one of our players, particularly in a fan forum. Presently we are a poor team. Accept it. Team not an individual. Cruelled by injuries and an outbreak of poor form amongst previously good players. Several KPP short, not a good forward set up. Too small. We could easily be 0 for 5. Terrible percentage. The team will slowly work its way through the terrible run of unfortunality that has happened since that final win. Reflect on the sublime passes Brad has given Max in the last couple of weeks, his goal on the run against GWS, artful swerving runs. Last night is not down to Brad Hill that's for sure and Ratts has said he will not be dropped before plenty of others. We were creamed, absolutely descmated in the clearances - possibly that's something to look out before crucifying individuals. Damned skilled ones who seem to present all game regardless, not like some others.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 9:23am Ever noticed how in gridiron the Quarterback will throw the ball away or surrender in a tackle if he can't get a clear pass away and the defence is pressing. Why. Because although they are typically extremely big men they are not there to tackle and be sacked they are there to deliver the ball. Apparently they still get paid a lot for their skills. Now in mixed martial arts a different set of tactics applies. So that charming title; there is no place for a reference to that horrible disease in denigrating one of our players, particularly in a fan forum. Presently we are a poor team. Accept it. Team not an individual. Cruelled by injuries and an outbreak of poor form amongst previously good players. Several KPP short, not a good forward set up. Too small. We could easily be 0 for 5. Terrible percentage. The team will slowly work its way through the terrible run of unfortunality that has happened since that final win. Reflect on the sublime passes Brad has given Max in the last couple of weeks, his goal on the run against GWS, artful swerving runs. Last night is not down to Brad Hill that's for sure and Ratts has said he will not be dropped before plenty of others. We were creamed, absolutely descmated in the clearances - possibly that's something to look out before crucifying individuals. Damned skilled ones who seem to present all game regardless, not like some others.
You sound sober

asiu
Saintsational Legend

and smarter than your average bear

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 9:23am Ever noticed how in gridiron the Quarterback will throw the ball away or surrender in a tackle if he can't get a clear pass away and the defence is pressing. Why. Because although they are typically extremely big men they are not there to tackle and be sacked they are there to deliver the ball. Apparently they still get paid a lot for their skills. Now in mixed martial arts a different set of tactics applies. So that charming title; there is no place for a reference to that horrible disease in denigrating one of our players, particularly in a fan forum. Presently we are a poor team. Accept it. Team not an individual. Cruelled by injuries and an outbreak of poor form amongst previously good players. Several KPP short, not a good forward set up. Too small. We could easily be 0 for 5. Terrible percentage. The team will slowly work its way through the terrible run of unfortunality that has happened since that final win. Reflect on the sublime passes Brad has given Max in the last couple of weeks, his goal on the run against GWS, artful swerving runs. Last night is not down to Brad Hill that's for sure and Ratts has said he will not be dropped before plenty of others. We were creamed, absolutely descmated in the clearances - possibly that's something to look out before crucifying individuals. Damned skilled ones who seem to present all game regardless, not like some others.
One of the worst analogies I've ever heard!

Quarterbacks keep their eyes downfield while half a dozen giants are only meters away trying to kill them, taking hits regularly to make sure they get the perfect pass off.

Hill dropped an uncontested chest mark because 80kg Pickett was roaming in the vicinity...

Softest player I've ever seen, and that's no hyperbole.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 9:59am

Quarterbacks keep their eyes downfield while half a dozen giants are only meters away trying to kill them, taking hits regularly to make sure they get the perfect pass off.

Hill dropped an uncontested chest mark because 80kg Pickett was roaming in the vicinity...

You still can’t blame the loss on one player. I think you don’t have to agree with Yorkeys analogy, but the rest makes a lot of sense

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 10:05am
The_Dud wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 9:59am

You still can’t blame the loss on one player. I think you don’t have to agree with Yorkeys analogy, but the rest makes a lot of sense
I'm not blaming it all on one player, but I think it shows a deeper problem at the club.

Some players seem more equal than others. Some are untouchable and will never be dropped, while others who bleed for the club seem to be constantly on the chopping block.

What kind of tension does that equate to in the locker room?

sks023
Club Player

About time for some tough love
HIll out next week and play him in the thick of it in the seconds

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I don’t know... he still seems like an easy target to me

He works hard, gets to a lot of contests, his disposal is decent most of the time and he tends to shine more when our other mids are doing the grunt work and delivering decent supply

Yes his contest work is wanting and he’s been exposed a few times but to me he is FAR FAR from the problem.

Hill to me is not in the conversation to be dropped... there was an absolute myriad of players that didn’t bring it last night and were less present and didn’t work as hard as Hill did

Why is Hill worse then Billings or Ross for example
Dunstan, Dmac, Butler, Membrey etc

This attention his getting doesn’t seem to completely match his output
Whether it’s his salary or something else... he’s getting an awful lot of attention as being the worst when he’s clearly not.

And he’s clearly not lazy or doing the bare minimum
Last edited by skeptic on Fri 16 Apr 2021 10:33am, edited 2 times in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

where’s the ‘tension’ in being called a cancer ?

c’mon

get real

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
spert
Saintsational Legend

How much are we paying Hill to do the bare minimum? ..if that. We delisted Phillips who would at least have a crack and probably contribute more for us on a wing than Hill has ever done

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Agree with the OP, but throw Hannebrey into that equation also. The two highest paid players at out club and both are have proven to be major recruiting failures.

Is it any wonder the rest of the list are not showing up!

Milne
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 10:28am I don’t know... he still seems like an easy target to me

He works hard, gets to a lot of contests, his disposal is decent most of the time and he tends to shine more when our other mids are doing the grunt work and delivering decent supply

Yes his contest work is wanting and he’s been exposed a few times but to me he is FAR FAR from the problem.
Agreed that he is not the only problem, but a guy being paid $900,000 p.a. should be working a lot harder than he did last night.

10 possessions is unforgivable.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

We all need a scapegoat.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 10:28am I don’t know... he still seems like an easy target to me

Hill to me is not in the conversation to be dropped... there was an absolute myriad of players that didn’t bring it last night and were less present and didn’t work as hard as Hill did

Why is Hill worse then Billings or Ross for example
Dunstan, Dmac, Butler, Membrey etc

This attention his getting doesn’t seem to completely match his output
Whether it’s his salary or something else... he’s getting an awful lot of attention as being the worst when he’s clearly not.

And he’s clearly not lazy or doing the bare minimum
Billings and Membrey have had a great year so far, would be in the top 3 along with Steele I'd think.

Those other blokes you mentioned didn't have a great night either, but still were better than Hill.

3 players didn't have a tackle for us last night, 2 were big forwards and I'll let you guess who the other was.

He gets the attention because of his name, and because on the big stage he shirked multiple contests and didn't really do anything else, so it stands out like dogs balls.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

oboe wrote: Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:20pm Ratten needs to make a statement and Hill needs to be dropped. No effort means no play.
Ratts said in his presser that Hill will NOT be dropped.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:15pm When the game was up for grabs Hills pathetic efforts cost us goals and the team dropped their heads. The players obviously don’t want him in the team it’s obvious from 3000;km away in Perth. f him off and tell King to kick goals when it matters and we might be OK.
Absolute f****** disgusting headline and that's the nicest thing the missus had to say about that crap. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 11:13am
1965 Saint wrote: Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:15pm When the game was up for grabs Hills pathetic efforts cost us goals and the team dropped their heads. The players obviously don’t want him in the team it’s obvious from 3000;km away in Perth. f him off and tell King to kick goals when it matters and we might be OK.
Absolute f****** disgusting headline and that's the nicest thing the missus had to say about that crap. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Her name’s notJenny is it?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 12:28pm
saynta wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 11:13am
Her name’s notJenny is it?
I don't know anyone called notJenny, sorry.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Over the years I've seen some terrible Thread Titles and this one is right up there as one of the worst.
IMHO it's just disgusting and the OP should remove it and hang his/her head in shame.
You can be critical of player(s) without stooping to this level.
And some of the commentary within this thread brings this forum to a new low, IMHO
To compare a player to a deadly disease that has likely robbed many of the posters on this forum of a loved one or good friend is, IMHO, despicable.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 4:41pm Over the years I've seen some terrible Thread Titles and this one is right up there as one of the worst.
IMHO it's just disgusting and the OP should remove it and hang his/her head in shame.
You can be critical of player(s) without stooping to this level.
And some of the commentary within this thread brings this forum to a new low, IMHO
To compare a player to a deadly disease that has likely robbed many of the posters on this forum of a loved one or good friend is, IMHO, despicable.
Yeah I agree. I get that the OP is using a hyperbole to emphasise their point but even disregarding the bad taste of it... there’s an emotional overreaction here that I’m finding quite challenging

He’s bad for the club
He’s not trying
He’s not working hard
Cut his contract

It’s quite uncomfortable

outside66
Club Player

What a disgusting thread.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I think the use of the word Cancer relates to his attitude and effort spreads throughout the team.

I don’t agree with the OP at all, but calling someone a cancer, just means their negative behaviour spreads.

No need to get bent out of shape about it.

I always thought Spider was a cancer when he was at his petulant best. Good when he was up and running, but had attitudinal issues.

lefty
Club Player

The problem I see with Hill is, he keeps getting the ball in positions that don't matter, like the back pocket. What we all want him to do is obtain the ball just past the wing and deliver it to King on a string or at least be that player that a defender can kick the ball too, and then play on.
That's pretty much it.

I think our game plan needs to change and it needs to be play on at all costs. The kicks out sideways to the boundaries are not working. We looked fast last year, this year we don't and we rely on King winning a pack mark against 3 opponents.