This is so correct

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: This is so correct

cwrcyn wrote: Sun 30 May 2021 1:40pm The key thing for me is his observation around fitness. It's something a lot of us suspected. To me, it's clear that something went awry with the pre-season planning and it's affecting our ability to adhere to the game plan. We put in a huge effort against GWS, started well against Melbourne and then started running through treacle half way through the second quarter. The alarm bells went off for me at that moment. the second quarter of the second game and we looked shockingly leg weary. The will was there but the fatigue was too much to overcome.
Yep good shout
Must say I left the Melb game stunned
Midway through second we are 17 up and just all over them ..
Then Stop.
The entire team just went backwards- missed targets, second to the ball, looked slow I couldn’t believe it but I think Malthouse has a v good point - we are not AFL fit
When I also read from an ITK on BF that preseason has lots of 2-3 hour days at club with lots time off ....it really is alarming
I’m genuinely starting to wonder if Brett Ratten is trying too hard to be their “buddy” instead of senior coach IF SO FFS Brett they ain’t your friends ..,,,be a coach first mate cause it’s YOUR career that’s going down the shitter

“Yeah….nah””
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Re: This is so correct

cwrcyn wrote: Sun 30 May 2021 1:40pm The key thing for me is his observation around fitness. It's something a lot of us suspected. To me, it's clear that something went awry with the pre-season planning and it's affecting our ability to adhere to the game plan. We put in a huge effort against GWS, started well against Melbourne and then started running through treacle half way through the second quarter. The alarm bells went off for me at that moment. the second quarter of the second game and we looked shockingly leg weary. The will was there but the fatigue was too much to overcome.
Absolutely this. I commented during that Dees match that some of our guys looked like they were about to barf! They were stuffed and couldn't keep up. Instantly thought we'd buggered up something over summer.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"