Longy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Longy

B.M wrote: Mon 12 Jul 2021 8:27pm He did end mcCartin’s career with a hip to the head
McCartin had several concussions before the collision with Ben in a marking contest

The main reason Paddy's career was stalled was because he was unfit. In my opinion, one of the main reasons he was getting concussed was because he wasn't agile enough or fit enough to get into the right position or quick enough to separate from his opponents. The main reason he was so desperate in the VFL (where he copped a few concussions) was because he couldn't maintain his posistion in the seniors BECAUSE he was unfit. His desperation in the air and at ground level ended in concussions

Tim English just copped a very heavy concussion (looked 10 times worse than when Long and McCartin collided) and he's back playing good footy

Aaron Naughton just copped a very heavy concussion and no doubt he'll also be back playing good footy

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Mon 12 Jul 2021 3:51pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 4:52pm
Now that’s what I call looking at the positives
ok but lets call it for what it is - youre being positive about your preferred player and being negative about the one you dont like
Personally Im happy with Longs output atm, but he is (and may always be) a ticking tribunal hearing away
Cuz lets face it he must be the unluckiest footballer to ever have played with the number of hip/head collisions in a career
All you need to do ...cuz...is watch the footy cuz! He's not my 'preferred' player because he's indigenous or Irish or Fijian or related to Michael or whatever ...cuz!!

I went to Marvel in some of our home games in 2018 and 2019 and saw a bloke who could turn it on and was a key playmaker who made good decisions that led to scoring

Anyone with any ounce of footy wisdom will see what I see and what other recruiters and footy experts see. It's what Ratts saw when he gave him the responsibility of the half back flank role last year when we made finals. Longy shone in 2020 and if it wasn't for his reputation and the fact that he's a St Kilda player he probably would have got off half those collisions.

If he was a Suns player or Trent Cotchin or Paddy Dangerfield (last years Grand Final) the MRO wouldn't have suspended Long each time he was in a collision. The MRO has to justify his position and try and pretend that they're doing something to protect the head. There are players who slow down when they approach a contest and there are those who attack it at full pace. I know who I'd rather in my team.

Btw 'Cuz'...the players i prefer and like are the ones who play good team footy and help the Sainters to victory...and... I am not indigenous

Ape_Man
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:43am
B.M wrote: Mon 12 Jul 2021 8:27pm He did end mcCartin’s career with a hip to the head
McCartin had several concussions before the collision with Ben in a marking contest

The main reason Paddy's career was stalled was because he was unfit. In my opinion, one of the main reasons he was getting concussed was because he wasn't agile enough or fit enough to get into the right position or quick enough to separate from his opponents. The main reason he was so desperate in the VFL (where he copped a few concussions) was because he couldn't maintain his posistion in the seniors BECAUSE he was unfit. His desperation in the air and at ground level ended in concussions

Tim English just copped a very heavy concussion (looked 10 times worse than when Long and McCartin collided) and he's back playing good footy

Aaron Naughton just copped a very heavy concussion and no doubt he'll also be back playing good footy
So are the 2 doggies players immune from long term concussion because they are fitter?

Send your findings to the CSIRO.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Ape_Man wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 1:28am
Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:43am

So are the 2 doggies players immune from long term concussion because they are fitter?

Send your findings to the CSIRO.
Thanks Einstein. I raised the other 2 because I think Tim copped friendly fire. Obviously players are not immune because they are fitter (only time will tell). I was responding to the post before mine which said...
So if McCartin is now clear of his concussion issues as all the medical evidence he has provided suggests he is, why isn't he on a senior list with an AFL club?

Oh yeah, but he's 1 concussion away from a lawsuit or from severe brain trauma...Well, so is every other sportsperson in contact sport

Oh yeah, but he's prone to concussion and he has a history of not recovering from it....hmmm...so perhaps it's his physical make up and his genetics and his personal health that is the issue and not a bump to the head from an opponent or from one of his team mates.

Ape_Man
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:43am Thanks Einstein
Thanks for the compliment Scollop.

Always appreciate when someone recognises my true genius. It has been observed to create its own gravity and was recently photographed by the Event Horizon Telescope.

But in all seriousness, I was just taking the piss at this line.
Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:43am The main reason Paddy's career was stalled was because he was unfit.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Ape_Man wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 1:59am
Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:43am Thanks Einstein
Thanks for the compliment Scollop.

Always appreciate when someone recognises my true genius. It has been observed to create its own gravity and was recently photographed by the Event Horizon Telescope.

But in all seriousness, I was just taking the piss at this line.
Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:43am The main reason Paddy's career was stalled was because he was unfit.
Paddy and Skunk both played VFL footy in 2015. When Skunk showed signs we kept him in the team

In 2016 Cho moved Rooy to the wing and he played as a midfielder so that Paddy could learn his craft.

It's a fact that McCartin was dropped and played VFL in 2017 and we plonked Roo back at FF because Paddy was unfit

Ape_Man
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 2:02am It's a fact that McCartin was dropped and played VFL in 2017 and we plonked Roo back at FF because Paddy was unfit
Is it a fact?

I can't find any sources that verify this.

A Google search for 'mccartin dropped unfit' comes up with Google telling me 'It looks like there aren't many great matches for your search'

Here is the search link if you need it: https://www.google.com/search?q=mcc ... wiz-serp

Send me some official links that state this and I will concede you are correct.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

You'll have to improve your search methods and delve into that super computer of yours in the depths of your cerebellum and prefrontal cortex

Or... go back and read 20 pages of the Saintsational fan forum from early 2017. Enjoy

Ape_Man
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 2:37am You'll have to improve your search methods and delve into that super computer of yours in the depths of your cerebellum and prefrontal cortex

Or... go back and read 20 pages of the Saintsational fan forum from early 2017. Enjoy
I suppose that would help if the cerebellum and prefrontal were responsible for imagination.

Alas, they are not.

Looks like I will have to eshew evidence and believe some forum posts as unadulterated truth.

I guess this means that I have no choice but to concede that your facts are pure and that you are correct. You have proved your point with unusual, but solid, methods.

Who needs evidence anyway when there are forum posts to prove you right?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The links below are from 2017. You wouldn't be here if you thought this forum was a waste of time and absolutely everybody who posts here is a nuff nuff

As I said in this 'debate', I believe the main reason his career stalled was because he was unfit. If you want to search the forum early in 2017 you'll read some threads that discuss why he wasn't playing in the seniors (try even in pre-season 2017 before round 1).

The thread titles aren't complimentary to poor Paddy. The theme from several posters is his fitness and if you care to read all 8 pages of the 'McStake' thread you'll notice that the tribe was also not happy with DMac. McKenzie still finds himself on a list and playing good footy

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 8#p1672008

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p1685862

Ape_Man
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 3:18am The links below are from 2017. You wouldn't be here if you thought this forum was a waste of time and absolutely everybody who posts here is a nuff nuff

As I said in this 'debate', I believe the main reason his career stalled was because he was unfit. If you want to search the forum early in 2017 you'll read some threads that discuss why he wasn't playing in the seniors (try even in pre-season 2017 before round 1).

The thread titles aren't complimentary to poor Paddy. The theme from several posters is his fitness and if you care to read all 8 pages of the 'McStake' thread you'll notice that the tribe was also not happy with DMac. McKenzie still finds himself on a list and playing good footy

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 8#p1672008

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p1685862
I was around then and well aware of what people thought.

You are missing this point:

Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 2:02am It's a fact that McCartin was dropped and played VFL in 2017 and we plonked Roo back at FF because Paddy was unfit
You told me it was a FACT that Paddy was dropped because he was unfit.

You also said his career stalled because he was unfit.

After that quote you went on to say you believed his concussion issues were due to his lack of fitness.

I, personally, believe his career stalled because of his concussions.

I'm all for you believing it was due to his fitness.

But I am not all for you stating something as fact and then not being able to back up your 'facts'.

Nothing in those threads are facts. Opinions and heresay maybe, but no more.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Sorry I'm not going to provide anything else. If it looks like a duck walks like a duck...then fmd...just call it a fuckn duck!! I don't have time to do a DNA test and get the genetics on the thing

We recruited a bloke who couldn't achieve the required fitness at an elite level. Whether it was the fitness staff or medical staff or his illness or his senior coach who was to blame or maybe Paddy himself was to blame, I think we all know he missed out on games in the seniors because he was unfit. He was not played in early 2017 in preference for a bloke hobbling on one leg

as I said...If you want to search the forum early in 2017 you'll read some threads that discuss why he wasn't playing in the seniors (try even in pre-season 2017 before round 1).

Ape_Man
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 3:42am Sorry I'm not going to provide anything else. If it looks like a duck walks like a duck...then fmd...just call it a fuckn duck!! I don't have time to do a DNA test and get the genetics on the thing

We recruited a bloke who couldn't achieve the required fitness at an elite level.
Respect your opinion Scollop.

I started by just taking the piss about you using fitness, or lack thereof, to compare concussion outcomes.

Your use of 'It's a fact' is what triggered me. It's a statement that needs to be backed up.

Anyway, have a great night.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Likewise. Have a good night.

I'm working, but managed to find a post on Saintsational that included an article in the newspaper. Not that Robbo is the number 1 authority, but the content and facts about his fitness and getting dropped speak for themselves. The other stuff about his concussions, I clearly said that was my opinion that his fitness (or lack of agility/speed and positioning) was a contributing factor.

"Two years and four games into his career, the No.1 draft pick was axed for Sunday’s clash against Collingwood.

That McCartin was dropped this weekend adds another layer to the pressure on him - and Richardson.

The Saints want him to get fitter, want him to lose weight, and last week against the Lions, he was ordinary.

Richardson needs to lay down the law and at the same time offer encouragement, and will have to ask question after question over the coming weeks about whether Patty is playing or not."

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 4#p1660814

Ape_Man
Club Player

That reads more form than fitness. Although it is interesting how flippant the concussion was treated in the article.

I'll concede this one to you as you did the detective work and found something to back up your claim.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

No wuckers. Did you want me to keep score or will you?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:)

good read but

thanx boys

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 10:41am :)

good read but

thanx boys
We’re here to entertain and be entertained 8-)

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The main bit that is intriguing is speculating about the outside-inside story.

Saints PR department made a big deal about Paddy’s ‘huge improvement’ in fitness in early 2018.
https://www.saints.com.au/news/295221/t ... ins-season

They don’t show his times.

Obviously they figured that word was out on the streets he just wasn’t fit enough.

Perhaps, ironically, the concussions kept him on the books and re-signed based on showing compassion and ‘giving the bloke a fair crack’. Or to try and salvage something..(come on Hanners!)

Fair enough..for only so long.

Hanners has never had a better chance to redeem now, as we bask in the glow of three wins!!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 10:29am No wuckers. Did you want me to keep score or will you?
I'd say Ape_Man 3, Scollop 0. No facts to back up your arguments, just tabloid media infused interpretations.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol

that'll be helpful
(only using my psychic abilities ie no facts)

the old ... truth with no proof

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Ape_Man
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 10:29am No wuckers. Did you want me to keep score or will you?
I'll keep track of mine, you can keep track of yours. That will be much eaiser for me.

Donuts so far :D

But I do like Takeaway's, ummm takeaway.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:54am
ok but lets call it for what it is - youre being positive about your preferred player and being negative about the one you dont like
Personally Im happy with Longs output atm, but he is (and may always be) a ticking tribunal hearing away
Cuz lets face it he must be the unluckiest footballer to ever have played with the number of hip/head collisions in a career
All you need to do ...cuz...is watch the footy cuz! He's not my 'preferred' player because he's indigenous or Irish or Fijian or related to Michael or whatever ...cuz!!

Btw 'Cuz'...the players i prefer and like are the ones who play good team footy and help the Sainters to victory...and... I am not indigenous
ok Im getting the impression that youre feeling a little ganged up on - because its certainly waaaaay off the mark regarding any aboriginal inference
and along the same victimised lines - disagree with assumption Long is being picked on as well at the tribunal otherwise he would be enjoying a holiday after the hip to head collision with the lions player on the weekend ( and it was a collision - but my point remains he does have a lot of them )
As for the player Long - I will be happy when he gets better
Whereas you are willing to overlook his shortcomings

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 6:23pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:54am

ok Im getting the impression that youre feeling a little ganged up on - because its certainly waaaaay off the mark regarding any aboriginal inference
and along the same victimised lines - disagree with assumption Long is being picked on as well at the tribunal otherwise he would be enjoying a holiday after the hip to head collision with the lions player on the weekend ( and it was a collision - but my point remains he does have a lot of them )

Collision or not it was a f****** accident.

That fist to the face of Hill from that ugly ex bluebagger was definitely not an accident.

Didn't even raise a comment from the dopey commentators either. Which makes me suspect that the filth guy in charge only reacts or acts when an incident is brought to his attention. Poor f****** show. :roll:
Last edited by saynta on Tue 13 Jul 2021 8:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 13 Jul 2021 6:23pm
ok Im getting the impression….

….along the same victimised lines

disagree with assumption Long is being picked on as well at the tribunal otherwise he would be enjoying a holiday after the hip to head collision with the lions player on the weekend ( and it was a collision - but my point remains he does have a lot of them )
Your problem is that you are full of assumptions...that’s a nice way of putting it

I could call your post above for what it is (i.e. that you’re full of faeces)

Here’s a specific question for you sunsaint; why did you use the term’Cuz’ when you quoted me and responded to my post?

You can pm me direct if you want

Everyone knows that the indigenous boys use the word often. Just like Kiwis and Islanders use the term ‘bro’