Jack Steele

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Jack Steele

I know we all love this bloke but his game tonight was amazing .IMO went to another level when the game was up for grabs & gave us something to believe in .Well done mate you are a Saints legend in the making

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Steele

His ability to go forward and be dangerous puts him in rare company
It’s amazing but he does have so many Hayes attributes I never thought I’d see another

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

But we don’t have any elite Mids?!

After this season he will be a dual AA, Dual B&F, Top 3 Brownlow, Top 5 AFLCA Award

Right at the moment

He is the BEST two way midfielder in the AFL

Best at StK since Hayes

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Great thread.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Reminds me of Dusty… maybe not as individually brilliant in terms of freakish acts but consistently outstanding
Last edited by skeptic on Sun 08 Aug 2021 12:53am, edited 1 time in total.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

The goal he set up at the end typified his night....he just had to win the contest and he did , second effort and handball to advantage.
Tough footy

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 12:41am His ability to go forward and be dangerous puts him in rare company
It’s amazing but he does have so many Hayes attributes I never thought I’d see another
Good call I see similar traits not at Lenny's level just yet but hey he has the same heart & soul that inspires others just like Lenny IMO

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 12:50am But we don’t have any elite Mids?!

After this season he will be a dual AA, Dual B&F, Top 3 Brownlow, Top 5 AFLCA Award

Right at the moment

Best at StK since Hayes
Wouldn’t you love 2 or 3 of him??

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

I’m sure every team would love 2 or 3 of their best player

Richmond would love 2 or 3 of Dusty

The salary cap doesn’t allow teams to load up, because if they do, they have a shortfall elsewhere

The Dogs are the ones with the loaded list

And will win the gf at a canter

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

B.M wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 12:59am I’m sure every team would love 2 or 3 of their best player

Richmond would love 2 or 3 of Dusty

The salary cap doesn’t allow teams to load up, because if they do, they have a shortfall elsewhere

The Dogs are the ones with the loaded list

And will win the gf at a canter
I think they are fair chance but it wont be a canter IMO . Geelong have the cattle to give them a run for their money. Bullies have a well balanced team but it all comes down to who works the hardest for longer when it really matters

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Right at the moment

Best at StK since Hayes
Cho made a call on Steele. Unfortunately it was one of Cho's many wrong calls

Cho made Steele the scapegoat after a humiliating loss early in 2018 in the Good Friday debacle.

Steele was determined to force Cho's hand

Pretty difficult to ignore 41 touches, 13 clearances and 11 tackles in the VFL the week after (and especially considering how the rest of the team were going in 2018). Jack never looked back after that. The link below is for the early mail on inclusions for Round 4 2018

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-ea ... ffe1deb8ec

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 2:00am

Right at the moment

Best at StK since Hayes

Cho made Steele the scapegoat after a humiliating loss early in 2018 in the Good Friday debacle.

Pretty difficult to ignore 41 touches, 13 clearances and 11 tackles in the VFL the week after (and especially considering how the rest of the team were going in 2018). Jack never looked back after that. The link below is for the early mail on inclusions for Round 4 2018

Ah, Scollop, always entertaining, even when arguing against yourself. Steele had a poor start to 2018, and was dropped after the first two games, rightfully so.

Responded in the 2nds, back round 4, and has consistently been a star since.

As one who is always calling to drop players who in your view are not performing, ie your ongoing calls to drop Hill, give Max King a couple of games in the seconds to give him confidence (wrong move of course), I would have thought you would be praising Richo for giving Steele a kick up the proverbial. Worked, didn't it?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Stop pissing down my back and tell me it’s raining

You are making up crap to suit your Cho apologist agenda. Steele got his grounding and development at GWS. He just needed time in the firsts. With or without Cho he was going to always make it

Five or six or seven years into our rebuild and there were players Cho just couldn't motivate and couldn't get the best out of. If you're trying to tell us Cho was dropping Steele because it helped the team or it was Cho using tough love, why didn't he use that tactic on Newnes or Weller or Longer or Lonie?

If Cho had any idea, he'd still be coaching

If you want the best example of how to NOT develop a player. Just look at the evidence of exhibit 1 ...or should I say Draft Pick 1.
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 08 Aug 2021 10:59am, edited 2 times in total.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 10:14am Stop making up crap to suit your Cho agenda. Steele got his grounding and development at GWS. He just needed time in the firsts. With or without Cho he was going to always make it

Five or six or seven years into our rebuild and there were players Cho just couldn't motivate and couldn't get the best out of. If you're trying to tell us Cho was dropping Steele because it helped the team or it was Cho using tough love, why didn't he use that tactic on Newnes or Weller or Longer or Lonie?

If Cho had any idea, he'd still be coaching

If you want the best example of how to NOT develop a player. Just look at the evidence of exhibit 1 ...or should I say Draft Pick 1.
I have a Richo agenda? Good grief, you are talking to yourself again. You certainly have a severe case of cholingeritus, all errors lead to Richo. Was Richo in China in 2019?

Steele had had 2 poor games, so he was dropped, and he responded. Simple as that, good response by Steele, right move by Richo & the selection Committee. How that reflects the whole ambit of Richo's coaching, only you know.

No idea what you are talking about in your last line.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yes you do

He was a pissweak coach and he was soft on that bloke who Cho kept making apologies for instead of giving him some goals to hit regarding his running, his pinch tests and his overall fitness. How the f*** is just saying “He’s going to be a ripper” help a bloke lift to the required level?

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 10:58am Yes you do

He was a pissweak coach and he was soft on that bloke who Cho kept making apologies for instead of giving him some goals to hit regarding his running, his pinch tests and his overall fitness. How the f*** is just saying “He’s going to be a ripper” help a bloke lift to the required level?
Ah, I think I can fathom what you are talking about. How on earth would you know what the training regimes, plans etc were? Do you rely far too much on your tabloid media outlets? Might pay to observe and think for yourself. Then again, maybe not.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 11:27am

Ah, I think I can fathom what you are talking about. How on earth would you know what the training regimes, plans etc were? Do you rely far too much on your tabloid media outlets? Might pay to observe and think for yourself. Then again, maybe not.
The media outlets don’t have anything to do with a team’s or an individuals success.

The media outlets don’t have anything to do with a coaches development of his players and their overall loss of puppy fat

The media outlets didn’t have anything to do with Cho’s win loss ratio

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 11:30am
takeaway wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 11:27am

The media outlets don’t have anything to do with a team’s or an individuals success.

The media outlets don’t have anything to do with a coaches development of his players and their overall loss of puppy fat

The media outlets didn’t have anything to do with Cho’s win loss ratio
Not necessarily true in these media saturated times. But anyway, the junk media can certainly influence supporters who believe everythng stated is fact.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 9:27am
Scollop wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 2:00am

Right at the moment

Best at StK since Hayes

Ah, Scollop, always entertaining, even when arguing against yourself. Steele had a poor start to 2018, and was dropped after the first two games, rightfully so.

Responded in the 2nds, back round 4, and has consistently been a star since.

As one who is always calling to drop players who in your view are not performing, ie your ongoing calls to drop Hill, give Max King a couple of games in the seconds to give him confidence (wrong move of course), I would have thought you would be praising Richo for giving Steele a kick up the proverbial. Worked, didn't it?
:wink:

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

A true leaders game, the guy is an absolute star!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Hypothetically, if Steele had a twin out there, just like Max does, and he was available, but we could only go after one, who would you want, B King or B Steele??

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 12:16pm Hypothetically, if Steele had a twin out there, just like Max does, and he was available, but we could only go after one, who would you want, B King or B Steele??
Or is that:
A - King (B)
B - Steele (B)
C - Marshall (B)
D - Wilkie (B)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 12:16pm Hypothetically, if Steele had a twin out there, just like Max does, and he was available, but we could only go after one, who would you want, B King or B Steele??
B. Marshall. Which isn’t meant to disparage either of the aforementioned very good players.

CarlD
Club Player

Imagine the Saints' midfield without Jack Steele in it!

silverhalo
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 12:41am His ability to go forward and be dangerous puts him in rare company
A very worthy captain and just love the way he plays - very Lenny Hayes, he should be wearing the no.7 jumper :D