list Review time

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

groupie1
Club Player

Re: list Review time

B.M wrote: Sun 15 Aug 2021 7:25pm I don’t think there’s much wrong with the list, if you want to be a 6th to 10 team

High as sixth if a good run with injuries, down to tenth if not

To be a contender, there needs to be some turn over

We need to be aggressive
Would love is to go hard at B King, McAsey, Chol, Narkle and M Crouch

Let go at least 10 players, including some good ones.

Ruthless trading

Keep 2020 FRP
Good post: King and Chol and pick 1 (midfielder) would be a very good build from this trade period. (Although pick 1 may need to be used to get Bing). I'm not sure we need more mids, but we can't have Dunstan, Ross, Kent, or Lonie in a side that is a genuine contender. I'm bullish on Clarke, Connolly, Byrnes, Bytel and Hannerbery (plus Gresham, obviously) filling those holes. And, I know I'm alone, B Long is the pressure forward who can jump and mark that we should be holding onto.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 15 Aug 2021 4:25pm

Then you have the interesting section...
Billings, Battle, Dunstan, Ross - all top 22 though Battle’s stocks have dropped.
If everyone was fit and available Billings would be the only certainty. Ross a likely.

The emergence of Sharman may make it more difficult for Battle claim a forward berth. And down back Ratts has been reluctant to use him there and now this season Highmore has emerged.
Ratts mainly seems to want to use him as a winger. And other quicker players may be a better option on the wing.

Dunstan and Crouch are competing for the same place. For us to be a good team you cannot play both, and Crouch is better.

Ross is ok, but only ok. As a winger one could make an argument that Dmac may be better.

So Battle, Dunstan, Ross to my mids are all capable of being in our firsts but I do not think that any of them are locks to be in a best 22.

Whereas a fit Billings is (just recall his early season form when he was not as hampered by injury), even if he keeps missing those set shots on goals.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote: Mon 16 Aug 2021 1:45am

Good post: King and Chol and pick 1 (midfielder) would be a very good build from this trade period. (Although pick 1 may need to be used to get Bing). I'm not sure we need more mids, but we can't have Dunstan, Ross, Kent, or Lonie in a side that is a genuine contender. I'm bullish on Clarke, Connolly, Byrnes, Bytel and Hannerbery (plus Gresham, obviously) filling those holes. And, I know I'm alone, B Long is the pressure forward who can jump and mark that we should be holding onto.

Bing as he is contracted for 2022 would be very expensive trade wise.

More mids? We only have one genuine quality mid which is Steele.

Gresh for example wins the ball well, but is a poor user of the ball, and especially with his across the body kicks that he uses way too often.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I rate Chol on par with Hunter - useless. He is not up to AFL level he has no footballing IQ whatsover. We definitely need to find another ruckman but Chol is not the the answer.

Delistings:
Hunter
Frawley
McKernan
Lonie
Kent
Carlisle
Clavarino
Alabakis

Trade bait:
Billings
Dunstan
Battle

Trade in:
Ruckman (Lynch from Collingwood)
Key defender? Talia SSP

Draft/s
Ist round best available midfielder
Tall KPP player (versatile)
NGA Windhager & Owens

Rookie
Best available x 3
NGA's Peris, McClelland
Redraft Clavarino

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

We will need some size in defence and we will need a back up down there.

Joyce not bad in that role? Carlisle better but flight AWOL risk.

@St Kilda honchos.
Make sure whoever you pick for the big man back up, that he stays the course and plays out the season. If he decides to quit mid season, that he’s had enough of playing at Sandy, then Saints, big fail.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!