Well Done Melbourne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Well Done Melbourne

saynta wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 5:38pm
But Melbourne or any other team beating another AFL team, not St Kidla, Who gives a rats. Certainly not me.

Don't like my attitude? Again. I should care less.
then please by all means - dont give your opinion
& more importantly dont keep arguing with everyone

Seeya
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 6:28pm "Highlights the standards we have on this site".

What utter rubbish if not gibberish.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

'Attitude-behavior consistency exists when there is a strong relation between opinions and actions'. 

older saint
SS Life Member

older saint wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 4:46pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 3:27pm Just highlights the standards we have on this site when we cant appreciate another club achieving some sucess after such a long wait!
The quality of teams and people is shown both at the point if highs and lows.
While one should never be a good loser as it is something not to be good at (mind you we are definitely the national champions) ,it isn't weak or defeatist to acknowledge and recognise opposition's performances. If it is good enough for the opposing captain to acknowledge the better team I dont see what the issue is for supporters of a mob who weren't even good enough to make the finals congratulate the winners.

Some however still are in the era of give them nothing, off the ball hits are ok and having a water break is for the weak.
I'm in the give 'em nothing team and I make no bones about it or an apology for my stance.

There are 18 teams in the competition and my feelings for 17 of them range from pure hatred( Filth) to mere disdain.

I don't however believe off the ball hits are OK and have never had that view. Any players involved in them are cowards IMHO.

I am ambivalent about water boys or girls, not breaks, We got along fine without them back in the day. :wink:

I acknowledge it was a different game then though.

My view on this subject is, if a team beats us, fair and square without maggot interference, I will congratulate them unreservedly.

But Melbourne or any other team beating another AFL team, not St Kilda, Who gives a rats. Certainly not me.

Look mum, no swearing. :wink: :wink: :wink:
And fortunately we live in a society where we all are allowed different opinions (just). I am from an era where that is ok to have different opinion and have discussions even with those people and agree to disagree and move on. To me its not personal unless people make it that way .
So I have no dramas you have a different opinion.
And my care factor is only marginally higher as I took the time to write a 4 line response.

older saint
SS Life Member

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 5:38pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 3:27pm Just highlights the standards we have on this site when we cant appreciate another club achieving some sucess after such a long wait!
While one should never be a good loser as it is something not to be good at (mind you we are definitely the national champions) ,it isn't weak or defeatist to acknowledge and recognise opposition's performances. If it is good enough for the opposing captain to acknowledge the better team I dont see what the issue is for supporters of a mob who weren't even good enough to make the finals congratulate the winners.

Some however still are in the era of give them nothing, off the ball hits are ok and having a water break is for the weak.
Congrats on here are fine, very woke, but I cant stand Melbourne. They are tankers and the way both sides play for free kicks, which was a really pathetic look on GF day, makes me sick.

I'll acknowledge Petracca, he was superb. But if they had been punished for tanking instead of being fined for not tanking they wouldn't have their 2 best draft picks. Should have lost 14 and 15 frd picks.
Fair enough I hate Carlton, speaking of cheats, having grow up in the 80s with arrogant supporters everywhere.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

I am from an era where that is ok to have different opinion and have discussions even with those people and agree to disagree and move on. To me its not personal unless people make it that way .
i moved out of my environment of origin
because
there was only 'the' pretence of that reality

'n i always thought (from afar)
... that it was a sense of humour issue

taking the piss out of others
(to their face / behind their back)

is a way different 'vibe'
than taking the piss out of yourself

not many take the latter option regrettably

that leaves the 'traducers'
avoiding personal responsibility
whilst creating mayhem
intentionally
whilst hiding behind the 'laugh'

luckily
the law of the jungle
works for everyone

regardless of the stories
the talking ape
consoles himself with

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 6:39pm
But Melbourne or any other team beating another AFL team, not St Kidla, Who gives a rats. Certainly not me.

then please by all means - dont give your opinion
& more importantly dont keep arguing with everyone
As I said. I should care less.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 7:33pm

I'm in the give 'em nothing team and I make no bones about it or an apology for my stance.

There are 18 teams in the competition and my feelings for 17 of them range from pure hatred( Filth) to mere disdain.

I don't however believe off the ball hits are OK and have never had that view. Any players involved in them are cowards IMHO.

I am ambivalent about water boys or girls, not breaks, We got along fine without them back in the day. :wink:

My view on this subject is, if a team beats us, fair and square without maggot interference, I will congratulate them unreservedly.

But Melbourne or any other team beating another AFL team, not St Kilda, Who gives a rats. Certainly not me.

And fortunately we live in a society where we all are allowed different opinions (just). I am from an era where that is ok to have different opinion and have discussions even with those people and agree to disagree and move on. To me its not personal unless people make it that way .
And my care factor is only marginally higher as I took the time to write a 4 line response.
:wink:

older saint
SS Life Member

:D
saynta wrote: Tue 28 Sep 2021 12:00pm
older saint wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 7:33pm

:wink: