Things that really piss me off.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Things that really piss me off.

yep

understand that

i was just brain storming opportunities
as i tend to do

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

The thing that pisses me off are the whingers on this site.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I think there is much more to be learnt from tolerance than will ever be learnt from moderation.
Usually, when I'm told someone has gone too far, I'm always amazed at the number of people there to bear witness.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 8:25pm The thing that pisses me off are the whingers on this site.
amen to that.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 8:43pm I think there is much more to be learnt from tolerance than will ever be learnt from moderation.
Usually, when I'm told someone has gone too far, I'm always amazed at the number of people there to bear witness.
Ain't that the truth.

SaintJohno
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 7:46pm
asiu wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 7:26pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 4:30pm I haven't been around under this nick for long, comparative to the forums existence, but I've been around long enough to know that this forum usually moderates itself tirelessly.
Often to point that when intervention is required, we are down to the drawing of the final straw.
Its not the spirit of the rules or the act of moderation that needs questioning here, we've gone way beyond that already.
please extrapolate :)

i'd love to see a thread
where the boys involved with keeping the joint alive
are doing the chit chat
and us punters are doing the reading n the learning
At present it's not clear just who is charged with 'keeping the joint alive'. We all are. Who steps in to moderate remains to be seen.
Let's just leave it as a 'Lord of the Flies' type of experiment and see what happens perhaps.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohno wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 9:46pm
st.byron wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 7:46pm
asiu wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 7:26pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 4:30pm I haven't been around under this nick for long, comparative to the forums existence, but I've been around long enough to know that this forum usually moderates itself tirelessly.
Often to point that when intervention is required, we are down to the drawing of the final straw.
Its not the spirit of the rules or the act of moderation that needs questioning here, we've gone way beyond that already.
please extrapolate :)

i'd love to see a thread
where the boys involved with keeping the joint alive
are doing the chit chat
and us punters are doing the reading n the learning
At present it's not clear just who is charged with 'keeping the joint alive'. We all are. Who steps in to moderate remains to be seen.
Let's just leave it as a 'Lord of the Flies' type of experiment and see what happens perhaps.
Well it used to be sort of like that and it wasn’t pretty. Entertaining at times, but ugly.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I think the board could largely run without moderators because let's face it, Simon hasn't exactly been active for a long time and yet there really hasn't been any disturbance.

What might be needed is a mechanism to control mods that go rougue. I'm not saying Kosi has gone rogue however mods can't be making incendiary or aggressive posts like Kosi has because let's face it the place would burn to the ground in real short time with that type of moderation.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Being a mod does place some limitations on expression in the forum. It's important not to participate in any tit for tat, however minor, because it undermines impartiality. Even participating in threads where there are just differing strong opinions can create perceptions of favouritism. So numerous times as a mod I needed to zip it.
Worth it though to support the benefits of moderation and not difficult to do once the job has been taken on. I think we definitely need moderation. There has to be someone/s who applies the rules and has the responsibility of final say. Recipe for descending into a petty and nasty bickering festival otherwise.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022 7:18am I think the board could largely run without moderators because let's face it, Simon hasn't exactly been active for a long time and yet there really hasn't been any disturbance.

What might be needed is a mechanism to control mods that go rougue. I'm not saying Kosi has gone rogue however mods can't be making incendiary or aggressive posts like Kosi has because let's face it the place would burn to the ground in real short time with that type of moderation.
A slow demise into pestilence (see what I did there) sounds much better than burning to the ground, Im sure you will agree.

Oh dear, I shouldn't encourage you but it's so much fun. 😁

Now where are the pitchforks and torches.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022 1:04pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022 7:18am I think the board could largely run without moderators because let's face it, Simon hasn't exactly been active for a long time and yet there really hasn't been any disturbance.

A slow demise into pestilence (see what I did there) sounds much better than burning to the ground, Im sure you will agree.

I note your join date is 2015, if you were around before then you'd know that "burn to the ground" probably understates the history of past wars. Today's version of SS is like a scene from a Disney cartoon by comparison to some of this boards history.

And please, encourage away, without it, there is no engagement. But please swim between your flags and only use words within your vocabulary, see what I did there...engagement.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022 1:19pm

I note your join date is 2015, if you were around before then you'd know that "burn to the ground" probably understates the history of past wars. Today's version of SS is like a scene from a Disney cartoon by comparison to some of this boards history.

And please, encourage away, without it, there is no engagement. But please swim between your flags and only use words within your vocabulary, see what I did there...engagement.
Yeah, I was around from about 2001 onwards but found it frustrating and tried to avoid the s*** show.
I couldn't get a word in edgeways. 50 s***s post to 1 informative one but gees the place was alive
I came in again around the Wild West wars time with something or other 'Gang' bullying the villagers.
I had a stoush or 2 myself with Plugger and Huggins. Plugged was hard to like for me but I didn't mind Huggins. I got my 2 strikes for the words imbecile and cockhead you can guess which was which, but I have kept it civil ever since. Well mostly.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

the Wild West ... who had the biggest hat war
:D

(which , iirc , he who used to be known as TB , ended up with)

Ted taking on the whole frontier
with his little hat and an ability to dodge
the banning system

he ... was a laugh
they were amusing times (i thought)

but

there's the joy
in not being a mod

skipping the odd stone across the lake
just to see
if ones eye is still in

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022 2:08pm

Yeah, I was around from about 2001 onwards but found it frustrating and tried to avoid the s*** show.
I couldn't get a word in edgeways. 50 s***s post to 1 informative one but gees the place was alive
I came in again around the Wild West wars time with something or other 'Gang' bullying the villagers.
I had a stoush or 2 myself with Plugger and Huggins. Plugged was hard to like for me but I didn't mind Huggins. I got my 2 strikes for the words imbecile and cockhead you can guess which was which, but I have kept it civil ever since. Well mostly.
P66 was worth the admission alone for mine.

It never ceases to amaze how posters will winge about the P66 types (that's not directed at you), but will either engage directly/indirectly, or complain about them when it seems so easy to just skip over a posters name you find not to your liking. The same for posters who will carry on like stuck pigs about the general content of a thread but engage in the thread none-the-less. Surely it's easy enough to stay away from the thread, but then again, engagement, it's why social media companies employ the world's most skilfull psychologists and mathematicians, to develop those sneaky tricks that exploit that part of our brain that makes us gravitate towards the negative s***.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022 4:33pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022 2:08pm

P66 was worth the admission alone for mine.

It never ceases to amaze how posters will winge about the P66 types (that's not directed at you), but will either engage directly/indirectly, or complain about them when it seems so easy to just skip over a posters name you find not to your liking. The same for posters who will carry on like stuck pigs about the general content of a thread but engage in the thread none-the-less. Surely it's easy enough to stay away from the thread, but then again, engagement, it's why social media companies employ the world's most skilfull psychologists and mathematicians, to develop those sneaky tricks that exploit that part of our brain that makes us gravitate towards the negative s***.
P66 was a sneaky trick or a sneaky prick?

I was a bit shocked when he got banned first for coming at me. Thrn he seemed to hold a grudge and trolled me and sent some nasty PM's.I didn't report him but someone did. Same with Huggins minus the pm's.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Plugger waz gone before we settled it and otherwise always banned :rofl.
Me and Huggins reached some common ground but he just lost it and I'm still not sure what he did.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I wasn't ignoring it, I'd post something and in seconds there was another 10 posts. It was hard to follow and certainly not worth my time back tracking to hold a decent convo in between the vitriol.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

he sent some silly (nasty ?) pm's to Simon

i think that was his final demise

what i saw was

the more he got hounded n blamed
for being the cause of SS's woes
the more he lost patience
then finally his rag

having already dished it out hard at mart
and ******* (best i not use his name)
over a fair period of time
i suppose
you gotta take it on the return

if u get trapped into that sort of game

generally , i liked him

also , like vortex
thought he was well worth the price of admission

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022 5:42pm he sent some silly (nasty ?) pm's to Simon

i think that was his final demise

what i saw was

the more he got hounded n blamed
for being the cause of SS's woes
the more he lost patience
then finally his rag

having already dished it out hard at mart
and ******* (best i not use his name)
over a fair period of time
i suppose
you gotta take it on the return

if u get trapped into that sort of game

generally , i liked him

also , like vortex
thought he was well worth the price of admission
Let the records show this was not a "cash for comment" post.

I like you too Gaz.

Now while we all pass tbe honest stick around.

Do remember Grumpy One ?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I really liked P66 but also found him incredibly annoying.
Thought his footy insights were actually pretty impressive… wish he posted more about that.

Help me out though… quite a few people are saying the name Huggins and I am drawing a blank

asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha

lol

very good

well read Sir

liked the Grumps as well

still remember his signature

"I must hurry , for there go my people
and I am their Leader"

was Huggins ... WhiteWinmar ?
Last edited by asiu on Wed 16 Feb 2022 6:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freebird
Club Player

P66 ridiculed my grand-daughter for her thread. She was younger than 10 and was becoming starstruck with st kilda and just finding her feet with this site.
She was devastated with the negative abuse from p66 she never posted here again

asiu
Saintsational Legend

eeeeek

i remember that

thats hard to read

hope its all worked out
for her

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022 6:49pm I really liked P66 but also found him incredibly annoying.
Thought his footy insights were actually pretty impressive… wish he posted more about that.

Help me out though… quite a few people are saying the name Huggins and I am drawing a blank
I think he was banned for a homophobic rant about the pride game but I missed it all and my memory fades. I just remembered he hated me and them came around because I wouldn't retaliate after my minor ban.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022 6:49pm I really liked P66 but also found him incredibly annoying.

Also, he may have been an ex policeman and told stories about working with Alan Jeans, I thought he knew my dad too but I didn't expose who my dad was but he was telling stories my dad told. He was also claiming to be an author. Under the mental health issues, which he described from being badly bashed when was a detective, he was an interesting bloke.