Ticket for Fri - specific seat? Confused ... help

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

theoracle
Club Player

Ticket for Fri - specific seat? Confused ... help

Hi all. Tried calling the club about this but got sick of being on hold (30+ minutes... nup).
I am a member, registered for entry Friday night, thru the StK app got a specific seat allocation - is that where I actually have to go? Or is it just to get me in the door with the barcode then sit where I like? My mate has a different seat and we wanna sit together - what do we do here?
Help/advice appreciated

The Oracle sees all, hears all, knows all.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ticket for Fri - specific seat? Confused ... help

theoracle wrote: Wed 16 Mar 2022 1:37pm Hi all. Tried calling the club about this but got sick of being on hold (30+ minutes... nup).
I am a member, registered for entry Friday night, thru the StK app got a specific seat allocation - is that where I actually have to go? Or is it just to get me in the door with the barcode then sit where I like? My mate has a different seat and we wanna sit together - what do we do here?
Help/advice appreciated
You will have to sit in your seat or take your chances being ushered around for this match.

Next time, share your ticket allocation numbers and order your seats at the same time. The club issue the the numbers and ticketek issue the seats, that is my understanding of how you make it work.

theoracle
Club Player

OK, thanks

The Oracle sees all, hears all, knows all.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Yes
Because of the expected large crowd everyone needs a seat allocation.
To get seats together you need one of you to book adding both of your membership codes and then you'd be allocated two seats together.

I stuffed around for an hour yesterday
I've had this whinge before .
It's a effing joke
I became a member in the 90s so that once , at the start of the year I would eff around, and my ticket would be organised for the season .
Some years due to work I was hardly able to take full benefit of my membership but that didn't worry me as I looked at it as financially supporting the club.
Last couple of years thanks to covid there has been so much to do just to go watch a match.
I was hoping it wouldn't be the new norm but it looks like it is .
Next match is Maddie's match so that will probably require the same amount of effing around to get a ticket .
It's easier to just watch the game on the telly

In red white and black from 73
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

In WA, club emails the members before a Perth game.
The advice is 'ticketmaster window opens for members to get seats, from 10am to 12noon. General Admission tickets available after 12 noon'

Last year it took 20 minutes for my ticketmaster to actually show me the seating plan...
Frustrating.

How is it for you guys in Melbourne?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Foxtel is looking good.

diddley
Club Player

I have 2 memberships on my app, and ordered the 2 tickets at the exact same time, and they still put the 2 seats rows apart.

Laurie
Club Player

Have a seat allocation on my phone however still have not received my barcode to scan for entry.
Tried ringing the club placed on hold for over 45 mins gave up resigned to the fact i will not be attending tomorrow night.
Surely cannot be that busy to take calls FFS.

A MEMBER FROM THE EARLY 80s FOR ALL HOME AND AWAY MATCHES IF THIS IS WHAT IS REQUIRED EACH WEEK TO ATTEND MATCHES WILL DEFINITELY CANCEL MEMBERSHIP AND PUT MY MONEY TOWARDS A FOXTEL SUBSCRIPITION

I

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Laurie wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 2:02pm Have a seat allocation on my phone however still have not received my barcode to scan for entry.
Tried ringing the club placed on hold for over 45 mins gave up resigned to the fact i will not be attending tomorrow night.

A MEMBER FROM THE EARLY 80s FOR ALL HOME AND AWAY MATCHES IF THIS IS WHAT IS REQUIRED EACH WEEK TO ATTEND MATCHES WILL DEFINITELY CANCEL MEMBERSHIP AND PUT MY MONEY TOWARDS A FOXTEL SUBSCRIPITION
I
The lines are probably jammed by 50,000 members ringing and asking them , how the F*** do i get into the footy with this crap new system that's been introduced.

Needs to be simplified, someone at the AFL was heard to say, there's a harder way to do this ticket to the footy thing and i'm introducing it, F*** the masses.

I'm just gonna watch the games on Foxtel, i'm not going through all that barcode, QR code, wallet malarkey every week. :roll: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Laurie wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 2:02pm Have a seat allocation on my phone however still have not received my barcode to scan for entry.

Not sure if you are reserved seat/bay normally or upgraded GA.

However I am reserved bay. My booking is not in the St Kilda App, but the ticket with QR Code is in my Ticketmaster Account.

I have a mate who is a reserved seat holder, and his QR Code is in the App.

For the Essendon Game my QR Code only appeared in the App on game day (ie not 72 hours prior).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Laurie
Club Player

I am in the reserved seat section checked my tickmaster account no tiicket or QR code .
My seating details and booking details however appear in my St.Kilda app .

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

I am a "person of a certain age", which does not mean I am a dumb bastard. But, for the life of me, I cannot see how having to own a functioning smart phone and having to waste time loading up a "ticket" each match I attend is an improvement on a system that has seved us well for a generation. A member's pass with your seat number and a barcode attached to a lanyard around your neck. You do not get much simpler, convenient or effective than that!

And here I am with less than 20 hours to go having absolutely zero success at loading my ticket from the Saints app on my brand new phone...........lucky I have Foxtel.

Saint supporter since '62
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 8:10pm I am a "person of a certain age", which does not mean I am a dumb bastard. But, for the life of me, I cannot see how having to own a functioning smart phone and having to waste time loading up a "ticket" each match I attend is an improvement on a system that has seved us well for a generation. A member's pass with your seat number and a barcode attached to a lanyard around your neck. You do not get much simpler, convenient or effective than that!

And here I am with less than 20 hours to go having absolutely zero success at loading my ticket from the Saints app on my brand new phone...........lucky I have Foxtel.
I agree, it's pure bollocks.

Foxtel and Kayo will love it eventually.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 1:11pm I have 2 memberships on my app, and ordered the 2 tickets at the exact same time, and they still put the 2 seats rows apart.
At the same time, as in the same order, or one after the other?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

We should set up a Saintsational help desk outside the ground.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Trev from the Bush wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 8:10pm I am a "person of a certain age", which does not mean I am a dumb bastard. But, for the life of me, I cannot see how having to own a functioning smart phone and having to waste time loading up a "ticket" each match I attend is an improvement on a system that has seved us well for a generation. A member's pass with your seat number and a barcode attached to a lanyard around your neck. You do not get much simpler, convenient or effective than that!

A membership card is so much easier, what is the clubs motivation moving to the electronic system?

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

11:45 AM on Friday, I cannot get through by phone to the Club and I am unsure whether they check their emails. Blood pressure and anxiety levels are rising, if you see an angry Saint man going off his cruet outside the stadium before the game just administer single malt!

diddley
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 7:44am
diddley wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 1:11pm I have 2 memberships on my app, and ordered the 2 tickets at the exact same time, and they still put the 2 seats rows apart.
At the same time.
“Add 2 tickets”

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 12:33pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 7:44am
At the same time.
“Add 2 tickets”
That's not cool.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 11:19am

A membership card is so much easier, what is the clubs motivation moving to the electronic system?
Clearly, ticketek have a plan to keep us safe from Covid. No access to tickets and stay at home.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Toy Saint wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 11:19am

It's not the Club it's the AFL. Saves money, makes the members do all the work.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

After a 43 minute wait on my fourth call a very courteous young man helped me no end.

Then , onto the MyGov app to get to Medicare so I could download my updated vaccination certificate to the Services Victoria app so I can get into the ground!