Match Thread Rd 1 vs the Filth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Peanut Farm
Club Player

Re: Match Thread Rd 1 vs the Filth

I'm not going to rate Owens game, he's simply not ready. Shocking decision to play him.
Kent shouldn't be on the list and Butler couldn't get anywhere near it.
Will be bottom 6 this year. I thought that would be the case before tonight's game.
Ratts wont be there next year.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Howard and Battle were both poor. Crouch was excellent, so was Membrey, Marshall and Hayes. While we lost it in the middle our defence was clumsy. They make too many mistakes at ground level and leak too many stupid goals.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Peanut Farm wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 11:06pm I'm not going to rate Owens game, he's simply not ready. Shocking decision to play him.
Kent shouldn't be on the list and Butler couldn't get anywhere near it.
Will be bottom 6 this year. I thought that would be the case before tonight's game.
Ratts wont be there next year.
Nathan Buckley is available.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Familiar gutted look to the Saints fans exiting the ground.
So much hope invested only to turn in s*** like that.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 11:09pm Familiar gutted look to the Saints fans exiting the ground.
So much hope invested only to turn in s*** like that.
And familiar gutted feeling at home on the couch.....venting my disappointment on SS

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 10:32pm my glass half empty has been smashed to the shithouse
My glass has been full & emptied probably 20 times during the game & if I didn't really like my special bourbon drinking glass my neighbour might be in trouble :?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

That loss is as much on the Match Committee as it is on our lazy players

Sharman should have played which would have given King a chop out

If we are serious Ross and Kent should never play again

Pies won that game on effort alone - 50 tackles will never cut it

Big fkn wake up call for the coaches and players

Just horrible all round

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 10:46pm 25-18

2 50’s to zero

Jack Hayes head punched off play on
Then Wood pinned for holding it.

Just Razor caught up in the big club
I don’t like blaming umpires but Chamberlain is past it and seriously too caught up getting involved in the game has to retire (can’t bounce either)

We were putrid too

“Yeah….nah””
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 11:06pm Howard and Battle were both poor. Crouch was excellent, so was Membrey, Marshall and Hayes. While we lost it in the middle our defence was clumsy. They make too many mistakes at ground level and leak too many stupid goals.
Footy is such a subjective game. I watched it live and I thought Crouch was poor.

Although our rucks held their own we got absolutely smashed at centre and stoppage clearances.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 11:37pm
magnifisaint wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 11:06pm Howard and Battle were both poor. Crouch was excellent, so was Membrey, Marshall and Hayes. While we lost it in the middle our defence was clumsy. They make too many mistakes at ground level and leak too many stupid goals.
Footy is such a subjective game. I watched it live and I thought Crouch was poor.

Although our rucks held their own we got absolutely smashed at centre and stoppage clearances.
Yep no second to the ball all night
Pushed around the footy
Winning centre clearances is a laborious chore
We loook sloooow
Actually looked better with Gresham and Sinclair in there - I thought Sinclair was good tonight

“Yeah….nah””
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 11:40pm

Pushed around the footy
We loook sloooow
Actually looked better with Gresham and Sinclair in there - I thought Sinclair was good tonight
Sinclair had 6 touches to HT ..... we were hurried out of it all night and got smashed on the outside of packs ..... too many players going for the same ball and not playing smart ...... and King can't take a one grab mark to save himself at times ..... time to give a few players a clip around the ear ..... Pies won the game on effort alone and when we pulled out finger out for 15 mins we had 11 shots at goal to their zip ..... but too little too late ...... putird effort full stop

Jones was sorely missed

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Next 3 games a very winnable but not with dross like that

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 12:20am

Pushed around the footy
We loook sloooow
Sinclair had 6 touches to HT ..... we were hurried out of it all night and got smashed on the outside of packs ..... too many players going for the same ball and not playing smart ...... and King can't take a one grab mark to save himself at times ..... time to give a few players a clip around the ear ..... Pies won the game on effort alone and when we pulled out finger out for 15 mins we had 11 shots at goal to their zip ..... but too little too late ...... putird effort full stop

Jones was sorely missed
Sinclair finished with 25 and a goal (almost had another) and one was one of the few who took the game on and had some class/composure - imo he was one of our best tonight
Whole side did F/all to HT

“Yeah….nah””
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 12:23am

Pushed around the footy
We loook sloooow

Jones was sorely missed
Sinclair finished with 25 and a goal (almost had another) and one was one of the few who took the game on and had some class/composure - imo he was one of our best tonight
So 19 possies in the 2nd half

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 1:26am

Pushed around the footy
We loook sloooow

Jones was sorely missed
Jack Sinclair first half, 5 disposals.

Moved onto the ball for the 2nd and ended up with 25 disposals, a goal, 4 clearances, 600m-gained and the equal-3rd most ranking points on the ground.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 1:39am
Devilhead wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 1:26am

Pushed around the footy
We loook sloooow

Jones was sorely missed
Jack Sinclair first half, 5 disposals.

Moved onto the ball for the 2nd and ended up with 25 disposals, a goal, 4 clearances, 600m-gained and the equal-3rd most ranking points on the ground.
It’s pretty obvious
Midfield needs his run/class especially with Clarke out
Play Highmore in Sinclair defensive role play Sinclair and Gresham through the guts
We looked slooooow without them in there and actually had some run and carry
Jones can’t be our only on baller to run n carry

“Yeah….nah””
flack
Club Player

No progress whatsoever, a team of individuals, Hills turnovers won't be on his highlight reel, even Max kicking for goal needs to be addressed, find somebody closer if you're on your limit. Too many trying to look good on camera. Another Looooong season

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Can’t play Highmore in Sinclair’s HBs spot

He’s a 181cm running back

Highmore is a 193cm intercept defender

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 11:31pm That loss is as much on the Match Committee as it is on our lazy players

Just horrible all round
Kent, yes. Ross was OK. so no.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 9:36am Can’t play Highmore in Sinclair’s HBs spot

He’s a 181cm running back

Highmore is a 193cm intercept defender
Better find another solution then cause treacle slow midfield bled 5.2 straight from the centre
The Only time it looked half potent was when Gresh/Sincs added some run
We can not rely on Zac Jones as our only break the lines midfielder or we are stuffed
Over to you captain footy - solution time not questions please.

“Yeah….nah””
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 11:21am
Devilhead wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 11:31pm That loss is as much on the Match Committee as it is on our lazy players

Just horrible all round
Kent, yes. Ross was OK. so no.
Would Ross get game with Melbourne Bulldogs Port Sydney Geelong GWS or Carlton ...... even Essendon?

Goddamn I have a lot of respect for Seb and all he has done for the Saints during dark times ..... Geary as well .... but we are seeing teams building confidence by playing youth building for the future ..... the changing of the guard is here and its happening for many teams and we don't want to be left behind by playing 29yo & 33yo GOPs who aren't making much of a difference or at least having a significant impact