Team for round 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team for round 2

It's a very underwhelming team isn't it.

I know strange things happen in footy so who knows, this time tomorrow we might be celebrating a win.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

It’s an absolute vomit of a team. Highmore not playing but Joyce is. The bloke who kicked four against Freo last time deemed not good enough this week.

We’re back to Cho era Match Committee. I’m starting to really, really resent this coaching and selection panel.

Go you red, black & white warriors
CarlD
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Sat 26 Mar 2022 8:13pm It’s an absolute vomit of a team. Highmore not playing but Joyce is. The bloke who kicked four against Freo last time deemed not good enough this week.

We’re back to Cho era Match Committee. I’m starting to really, really resent this coaching and selection panel.
Yep, struggling to come to grips with the logic of the selection process.

One can only hope that there is a miracle and the Saints win regardless.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

We can only assume they know better than the average saint supporter last week we voiced or opinion on the Kent decision & we were right & its an another conundrum lets hope they get it right this week or we might as well have the saintsational forum as the selection team. Only joking but I really think the current coaching team need to show some accountability for their actions or we really will go into melt down

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sat 26 Mar 2022 10:22pm We can only assume they know better than the average saint supporter last week we voiced or opinion on the Kent decision & we were right & its an another conundrum lets hope they get it right this week or we might as well have the saintsational forum as the selection team. Only joking but I really think the current coaching team need to show some accountability for their actions or we really will go into melt down
I’ve thought about this myself...

Say what you will about this forum, in terms of consensus it knows a bad idea when it sees one. I reckon when it comes to a lot of the more infamous decisions, the collective majority have gotten it right a fair bit.

Definitive no to Hannebery
Petracca over McCartin
Richo’s extension was a bad idea
Majority hated Seaford

In terms of trades we were lukewarm on Ryder, positive with Jones and Higgins, most didn’t mind Hill... they’ve all been reasonable though Hill is contentious but far from a disaster

The sensible majority was ready to move on Longer, Weller, Newnes and Dunstan at least 2 years before the club did and there’s a few others that have hung around when we know they shouldn’t have

I know you’re talking about team selection (was a no brainer dead idea for almost everybody... almost), Joyce over Highmore seems a stinker too)...
I don’t know... club makes a lot of really obviously... as in don’t light the match near the explosives type bad decisions. An SS vote isn’t the worst idea IMO

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

The Match Committee seems to be working on several false assumptions. That's the only way I can understand some selections/ tactics.

1. Sometime Hannebery will play regularly.
2. We don't need 2 knock rucks unless Paddy is fit
3. Sharman's consistent marking and goal kicking was not what it appeared to everyone else.
4. Energetic small forwards that rarely score are just a week away from breaking the ten to fifteen game dry spell.
5. An undersized second ruck will not get monstered, giving opposition an armchair ride.
6. Big CHFs and big CHBs are unnecessary.
7. Opposition's don't listen to our presses and will never use tactics to nullify Brad Hill.
8. Max King can always catch a wobbling high slow trajectory footy standing under it with several opponents attacking his head, torso, arms and legs.
9. No need to adapt to the opposition. We can only control what is in our control (they do not see the inherent stupidity in that one, but may be getting curious about some of the others as the losses rack up.)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Would’ve liked to have seen Highmore in
Would also like to see Connolly given a run off half back to release Sincs to middle - he has an attacking style, good decisions and can kick. He’d be playing if he was at other clubs.
Ratten coaching for career

“Yeah….nah””
Killa
Club Player

The question is why do those who contribute to this site present as supporters of St Kilda?

Surely they should be following other sides

Melbourne, because it has been a serial underperforming side whilst St Kilda were competing in Grand Finals, have had a series of high Draft picks

They don’t only have Petracca (who took time to impose) but they have Gawn and other class mids

Mind you some of their high Draft picks have not delivered

Because in life there are no guarantees

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

I would like to have seen Long & Highmore . At least Ben gives us some mongrel & grunt & yeah he can be undisciplined at times but at least he gives it a crack . IMO anyway

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sat 26 Mar 2022 11:16pm Would’ve liked to have seen Highmore in
Would also like to see Connolly given a run off half back to release Sincs to middle - he has an attacking style, good decisions and can kick. He’d be playing if he was at other clubs.
Ratten coaching for career
As far as I'm concerned, Ratten's career at the Saints was over when he decided to leave Sharman out again. The stupidity of this decision is mind boggling :!:

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Sharman the sub

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

They got the job done. Congrats boys.