Lade v Ratten

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Lade v Ratten

Will it make a difference? Any thoughts?

I'm no Ratten fan - and amazed how he's got us playing so fluently. In round one I'd have been first to say what's the game plan? Is there one? Last week I watched with my mouth open. Find myself wanting to agree with BM - can't be anything to do with the coach! But is it?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lade v Ratten

There is little difference, both would be handy inclusions but sadly, too old to play.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Lade has one job, to let them play like they have been for the last 10 quarters of football. I'll be amazed and likely very disappointed if he instructs the players to do anything different. He should be sacked if he does or if he channels his inner Richo.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Coaching isn’t a one man show anymore. It will be the same message from a different messenger.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

It's just ludicrous Ratts isn't allowed to be in the coaches box. All restrictions have been removed and the good ole AFL feel the need to keep their virtue signals going strong.

Bloody crazy.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I am the complete opposite Freely - I love Ratts and think he is the perfect coach for our club.

You only have to look at the contested effort from the group last week, they love Ratts also and there is a huge buy in. Its amazing what a coach can do when they have a fit and in form side. The group weren't anywhere near fit enough last year and that showed in the blowouts. Obviously Ratts overseas that function but I think he is one of those guys who trusts his assistants to get the job done. They changed the Stength & Conditioning manager at the end of the season and the results are obvious.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 11:21am It's just ludicrous Ratts isn't allowed to be in the coaches box. All restrictions have been removed and the good ole AFL feel the need to keep their virtue signals going strong.

Bloody crazy.
Err no, if you are positive you still have to isolate.

Ratts has tested positive. So he has covid and can infect others. So exactly the same as if he had a dose of Flu he should not be in the coaches box. People who would "soldier on" with the Flu in the past was the "bloody crazy" part.

Players have also missed AFL games in the past due to having the Flu.

He is allowed to communicate with those in the coaches box on match day, as normally AFL coaches/players are not allowed to communicate with those not at the game.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 11:39am
Vortex wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 11:21am It's just ludicrous Ratts isn't allowed to be in the coaches box. All restrictions have been removed and the good ole AFL feel the need to keep their virtue signals going strong.

Bloody crazy.

Ratts has tested positive. So he has covid and can infect others. So exactly the same as if he had a dose of Flu he should not be in the coaches box. People who would "soldier on" with the Flu in the past was the "bloody crazy" part.

He is allowed to communicate with those in the coaches box on match day, as normally AFL coaches/players are not allowed to communicate with those not at the game.
If you aren't in a high risk category then the best thing you can do is catch coivid. Natural immunity is your best protection and is the best way to eradicate the disease.

So many people catching covid (vaxxed and unvaxxed) and barely feel sick or are asymptomatic and so many people not isolating. Why the AFL feels the need to continue virtue signalling is beyond common sense.

So many people who are positive with coivid will attend the game this week so why shouldn't Ratts go and coach. Just silly really.

The only reason he knows he's got it is because the AFL are forcing testing 10 times a day. Stop testing like most people in the general community and the AFL can return to normal.

Makes sense really doesn't it.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 1:04pm

Bloody crazy.

If you aren't in a high risk category then the best thing you can do is catch coivid. Natural immunity is your best protection and is the best way to eradicate the disease.

So many people catching covid (vaxxed and unvaxxed) and barely feel sick or are asymptomatic and so many people not isolating. Why the AFL feels the need to continue virtue signalling is beyond common sense.

So many people who are positive with coivid will attend the game this week so why shouldn't Ratts go and coach. Just silly really.

The only reason he knows he's got it is because the AFL are forcing testing 10 times a day. Stop testing like most people in the general community and the AFL can return to normal.

What world do you live in Vortex? You want Ratts to coach and end up with 23 sick players who miss next week? Wake up!!!

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
ace
Saintsational Legend

So did Jimmy Webster give covid to Ratts (he will never play again).
Or did Ratts give covid to Jimmy, (sorry about that, but i will bring you straight back into the team when you are well, no having to earn your place back by playing at Sandringham)

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

It won't make any difference, I am sure Skype will be in use in the coaches' box and Ratts will have his two-bob's worth.

Saint supporter since '62
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Looks like we’ve got our very own Saintsational Trump genius, “If you don’t test for it then it doesn’t exist!”

🤦‍♂️ :lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Trev from the Bush wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 2:20pm It won't make any difference, I am sure Skype will be in use in the coaches' box and Ratts will have his two-bob's worth.
Lade interview on Saints' App...
'Ratts will be set up at home, he'll have 'behind the goals' (video), 'broadcast' (Fox or Ch7) and he'll see things that we may miss'

Lade further said Ratts will be giving lots of advice to Lade n co

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Really funny thread. Are you a comedian freely?

Seriously, you want to compare Lade coaching 1 match versus a senior coach who has had the reigns for 2 and half years. Does that mean that if we lose today it’s Lade’s fault?

Not every one can do the job and do it successfully. I’m not sure what the purpose of this thread is

Compare Ratten v Richo. Richo ‘nearly made finals’ in his third year. Let’s see how Ratts goes in his third year in 2022

When Brett was appointed as the interim fill in senior coach at the end of 2019, we saw some green shoots and a few good wins

In Ratts first full year as the St Kilda coach in 2020 he galvanised this group of players and the club enjoyed finals for the first time in a decade

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 1:04pm

Bloody crazy.

Ahh, no.

Killa
Club Player

Another thread high-jacked by Vortex

Vortex is a danger to each and every one of us.

Why is it that the dangerous opinions are tolerated on this site, but those challenging those dangerous opinions have their responses removed - and worse, banned from this Forum?

But Vortex and his ilk continue.

Along with ALL players and ALL support staff, Brett was tested last Sunday before the game - and ALL tested negative.

Jo and Brett dined out after the game - with some others of the Coaching Panel.

He awoke Monday morning with a headache which persisted.

He self tested and was positive.

The rest you know.

This virus is NOT the 'flu - it can and does attack other organs of the body, including causing death.

The WHO continues to rate this virus a Pandemic.

Look at the figures, not only in Australia but globally.

The challenge is to leave this response to Vortex and his fellow travelers in place on this forum, because I would suggest that I am not the only one who is not supportive of the positions put by Vortex and his fellow travelers.

We have the defence from the worst of health outcomes courtesy of medical science and vaccines (noting work continues unabated).

We have the defence of Rapid Testing, to interrupt the spread from human being to human being.

We ALL have a responsibility.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 6:19pm Another thread high-jacked by Vortex

Why is it that the dangerous opinions are tolerated on this site, but those challenging those dangerous opinions have their responses removed - and worse, banned from this Forum?

Along with ALL players and ALL support staff, Brett was tested last Sunday before the game - and ALL tested negative.

The rest you know.

This virus is NOT the 'flu - it can and does attack other organs of the body, including causing death.

The challenge is to leave this response to Vortex and his fellow travelers in place on this forum, because I would suggest that I am not the only one who is not supportive of the positions put by Vortex and his fellow travelers.

We have the defence from the worst of health outcomes courtesy of medical science and vaccines (noting work continues unabated).

We have the defence of Rapid Testing, to interrupt the spread from human being to human being.

A bit OTT. What's dangerous are people who lack persuasive argument skills and strongly believe censorship is the answer to anything not aligning with their own postion.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 7:51pm

The rest you know.

A bit OTT. What's dangerous are people who lack persuasive argument skills and strongly believe censorship is the answer to anything not aligning with their own postion.
So all the restrictions are off was your persuasive argument?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 7:56pm

The rest you know.

It's certainly not squeeling loudly to shut down conversation I don't agree with.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 8:18pm

The rest you know.

It's certainly not squeeling loudly to shut down conversation I don't agree with.
Ha. It certainly is squealing and its certainly about something you don't agree with and further, its incorrect and IMHO it would be foolish to agree with it.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 9:11pm

The rest you know.

Ha. It certainly is squealing and its certainly about something you don't agree with and further, its incorrect and IMHO it would be foolish to agree with it.
And isn't it great that we can disagree without demanding the conversation be shut down.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 9:26pm

The rest you know.

And isn't it great that we can disagree without demanding the conversation be shut down.
Yes, that is good, despite the off topic intrusion, in ad nauseum.

It's quite the conundrum really.

But, with limited opportunities due to moderation and the direct complaints, in ad nauseum, your doing quite well to maintain your, err.....umm, integrity, relevance and right to contribute, even as an aside to the premise, that you clearly love the Saints.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 10:20pm

The rest you know.

But, with limited opportunities due to moderation and the direct complaints, in ad nauseum, your doing quite well to maintain your, err.....umm, integrity, relevance and right to contribute, even as an aside to the premise, that you clearly love the Saints.
That's OK, some might take offence to your misogynist comments and references to 16 century female undergarments. I certainly didn't take offence but some might but I'm not trying to control conversation on a public forum, nor am I squeeling about the moderation in an attempt to shut down conversation.

This is one of the big issues of our time -- cancellation of things we don't like. It's just not good enough for people to butt out, now it's expected they have to grand stand and demand cancellation. Killa started this and you piled on.

Interestingly my comments on my opinions on covid mandates seemed to align with the opinions from our top health experts opinions as reported in the media.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 8:02am
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 10:20pm

The rest you know.

That's OK, some might take offence to your misogynist comments and references to 16 century female undergarments. I certainly didn't take offence but some might but I'm not trying to control conversation on a public forum, nor am I squeeling about the moderation in an attempt to shut down conversation.

This is one of the big issues of our time -- cancellation of things we don't like. It's just not good enough for people to butt out, now it's expected they have to grand stand and demand cancellation. Killa started this and you piled on.

Interestingly my comments on my opinions on covid mandates seemed to align with the opinions from our top health experts opinions as reported in the media.
I'm not going to argue with any of that. This forum, shaded in anonymity, is proned to grandstanding.
But, just because you find yourself spruiking anti-covid rhetoric from a soap box, to crowds gathered to adore or abhor the Saints, it doesn't mean you aren't guilty of the same grandstanding.
Do you think you are misunderstood, or just far more enlightened than the rest of our average anonymous punters.
I find you amusing, engaging and even informative at times. But I've seen 9 people in clinical settings, die from COVID, it is a highly sensitive issue.
Anyway, don't let me keep you from your fun.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Really good opportunity for Lade today. This is how leadership is built.
In the immortal words of the late great Darrel Baldock to his stand in while he was in hospital in 1987, Alan Davis, 'don't f@#k it up'.

We won our fifth game in a row that day by five points over the 'Dogs and Plugger achieved his first hundred goals for a season. Pandemonium at the ground that day.

Brendon, I suggest you follow that sage advice today.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.