Seb Ross

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Seb Ross

B.M wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 11:54am Indeed he has, which really has annoyed some people.
That's rubbish

Name them instead of tainting everyone

Who isn't happy when a St Kilda player is performing well and contributing to a win?

What annoys people is when 1 or 2 individuals are idolised and celebrated in a team game

What annoys posters on Saintsational is that we watch ALL St Kilda games and we analyse comprehensively instead of checking a stat sheet at the end of the day and separating our players and rating their games based on raw disposal numbers

SunnyErnie
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 7:10pm Almost career best form at the moment
Has had better individual games then his his 5 so far in 2022 but he’s consistently getting the ball, very accountable to his man, his errors have reduced…

Has been a delight to watch so far this season.

Hopefully gone are the days of 15 odd touches and the defence of doing his role was the justification to criticisms of him.
Coincidentally you see the criticisms of him have slowed down too putting an end to the silly narrative of the anti-Ross agenda.

Seems like he’s a real on field leader at the moment

Keep up the good work Seb
And to think all the nuff nuffs wanted him dropped. Now they are all telling us how good he is.

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Who wanted him dropped?

Only really critical post I remember is some nuff nuff saying he was only depth following the intra club game.

I think most have acknowledged and celebrated his improvement

SunnyErnie
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 12:58pm Who wanted him dropped?

Only really critical post I remember is some nuff nuff saying he was only depth following the intra club game.

Most wanted him out of the team over the last 2 years. Now those same people are telling us how good he is. Nuff nuffs!!!

NeXus
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Stop trolling……….

MOD EDIT. POSTER SUSPENDED FOR 24 HOURS FOR ABUSE

Killa
Club Player

Prior to the Hawthorn game, all players and Club officials were tested as is (part of) the AFL protocol.

Brett tested negative - as did everyone else.

After the game, with Jo and some others of the Coaching staff and their wives, he went out to dinner.

Brett awoke with a headache on the Monday morning, a headache which persisted and which saw him self test during the afternoon.

The self test was positive.

I note the response by some on this site to the conveying of this factual information.

A response I would rate as childish, and childish in the extreme.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 1:01pm Stop trolling DickheadErnie
Reported.

NeXus
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 12:59pm
skeptic wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 12:58pm Who wanted him dropped?

Most wanted him out of the team over the last 2 years. Now those same people are telling us how good he is. Nuff nuffs!!!
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with calling for improvement where necessary.
And then when there is improvement it’s met with praise.

What’s the mystery!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Why do you think he has improved?

As a player??

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 12:35am No one has ever argued he has NOT been a very good player

There’d be a handful of games that he was outstanding in his career and even in those games he was probably 1 of about half a dozen St Kilda players who played their role for us to win games of football.

He wasn’t ever a ‘dominant’ player.
Oh yes they have. Even denigrated his two TB awards by saying he only won them because we had a shitty list at the time.. And i can remember him being a dominant player, even him shutting down the best in the Comp in Dusty.

Some posters on this forum have been putting shade on Seb for years, even calling for him to be traded or delisted. Makes me sick, but now their chickens are coming home to roost and are kicking their fowl houses down. Our should that be"foul" houses down. 8-) 8-)

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 1:06pm
Reported.
Didn’t you just call everyone ‘nuff nuffs’?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 1:12pm
Some posters on this forum have been putting shade on Seb for years, even calling for him to be traded or delisted. Makes me sick, but now their chickens are coming home to roost and are kicking their fowl houses down. Our should that be"foul" houses down. 8-) 8-)
You’re forgetting Stinger that Seb was the one who explored free agency over the off-season and discovered there was nothing out there for him.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 1:16pm
You’re forgetting Stinger that Seb was the one who explored free agency over the off-season and discovered there was nothing out there for him.
Did he dud one? Did you get that from Seb or one of your shady sources? Some people are gullible and believe all the rubbish they read. :roll: :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The occasional forumite has called for him to be dropped here and there

Very few outright wrote him off stamped never to return

There’s a certain irony in the one that did that this preseason suddenly popping up in this thread, lambasting others for being critical and being oh so self righteous about it

SunnyErnie
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 1:12pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 1:06pm
Reported.
Didn’t you just call everyone ‘nuff nuffs’?
No!!! I called the posters who over the last 2 years have been calling for Seb to be dropped. Now those same posters are telling us how good Seb is!!!

By all means if I called everyone nuff nuffs show me the post!!!

NeXus
SunnyErnie
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 12:35am No one has ever argued he has NOT been a very good player

There’d be a handful of games that he was outstanding in his career and even in those games he was probably 1 of about half a dozen St Kilda players who played their role for us to win games of football.

Oh yes they have. Even denigrated his two TB awards by saying he only won them because we had a shitty list at the time.. And i can remember him being a dominant player, even him shutting down the best in the Comp in Dusty.

I 100% agree with you saynta. Heaps of people were denigrating his 2 B&F's and those same people were calling for him to be dropped. Now they are saying he is a great footballer!!! Hypocrites comes to mind!!!

NeXus
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 1:20pm
Did he dud one? Did you get that from Seb or one of your shady sources? Some people are gullible and believe all the rubbish they read. :roll: :roll:
Ok Stinger, I’m sure they’re all in on [insert St Kilda conspiracy here] to discredit Seb Ross for some reason being…? 🤦‍♂️

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... 7b5af5f595

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda ... 141973.amp

https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-trade-ne ... 91915/amp/

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Seb’s doing well. Hopefully he keeps it up.

It will be interesting to see how they use Jones when he comes back.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
takeaway
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 2:25pm
Ok Stinger, I’m sure they’re all in on [insert St Kilda conspiracy here] to discredit Seb Ross for some reason being…? 🤦‍♂️

Isn't that what free agency is for? When you reach it, you explore your options. Silly if you don't. Did he discover there was nothing out there for him? How do you know?

Interesting comments by James Gallagher in one of your quoted articles, I think it was a bit more than just media blurb.

“A lot of Seb’s work goes unnoticed externally, but inside the four walls we recognise just how important he is to our side on a number of fronts,” Saints list boss James Gallagher said.
“Seb is an honest and genuine guy, who has been a very good player for a number of years. More recently his versatility and willingness to play multiple roles for the team has become a really important aspect of his football”

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Seb is a beauty!

So glad he plays for us.

Has been in such good form this season, a real pleasure to watch.

Clever, composed, tough as.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

B&F
2020 - 10th
2021 - 7th behind Brad Hill who is easily more maligned

My bet would be Ross would be top 5 at the moment if the season stopped here.

Given that he won in 2017 & 2019, I’d say his current form is more in line with any expectation of him

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 2:25pm

Bahaha. you must be kidding yourself if you think I am going to waste my time opening links posted by the likes of you. :roll: :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 2:17pm

I 100% agree with you saynta. Heaps of people were denigrating his 2 B&F's and those same people were calling for him to be dropped. Now they are saying he is a great footballer!!! Hypocrites comes to mind!!!
Spot on mate, spot on.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

“A lot of Seb’s work goes unnoticed externally, but inside the four walls we recognise just how important he is to our side on a number of fronts,” Saints list boss James Gallagher said.
“Seb is an honest and genuine guy, who has been a very good player for a number of years. More recently his versatility and willingness to play multiple roles for the team has become a really important aspect of his football”

I think that needs to be posted again for his detractors to read

Fact is, he hasn’t of a sudden improved, that’s a crock that is trotted out by the majority of the forum trying to find scapegoats for losses.

Saynta and I (and recently StErnie) have been in his corner for years, because we actually recognise and respect what he has achieved and usually delivers.

I think some have egg on their faces and don’t want to admit what they have peddled out in the past is rubbish so they either deny, back peddle or continue to try and push a moot point and justify their sentiments- even though it’s obviously rubbish!

2016 - Break Out Season (10 Brownlow votes, 560 possessions)
2017 - B&F and AA Squad avg 30ppg
2018 - Runner Up B&F
2019 - B&F Ultra Consistent
2020 - new role, run with player. One of the few Saints that didn’t enjoy hub life in Noosa because of his family situation
2021 - Played as a defensive Wing, another new role
2022 - would be top half a dozen in the B&F again

Any person with half a footy brain would concede that is a more than decent career, in fact that is a very good career to this date.
Throw in the Captaincy at one point, and 160+ games
Not sure why he has so many detractors
He is easily the best performed whipping boy in my time supporting footy

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Guys, please stick to comments about the footy and those who play it.
Please leave out the personal barbs.

Really don't want to suspend people. Play nice.