Team v Cats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Team v Cats

Ladder...
If Swans lose to Bombers (quite likely)

If Bluebaggers lose to GWS (quite likely)

If we beat the Pussies (there's more chance of Hell freezing over)

Then we climb to 4th spot.

Discuss 🙆‍♂️🤣

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Bookies not so impressed?

Geelong favourite!

Our recent form not so hot ( all rationaliasations respectfully acknowledged).

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 9:30pm Bookies not so impressed?

Geelong favourite!

Our recent form not so hot ( all rationaliasations respectfully acknowledged).
Underdog status 🤣🙆‍♂️🤩

We usually lose games we should win.
Bring it on

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
SunnyErnie
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 9:20pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 8:28pm Slowly but surely this ego maniac of a Ratten is removing all the gains we have made this year. He has taken Windhager and NWM out and he is slowly bringing in the same old players that have failed in the past. With a bit of luck Saturday will be Ratt's last game before Clarko takes over!!!
Haven't you been screaming for Sharman??? Seriously, just leave! You are only here to cause angst & issues. Times up.
I wanted Sharman and Highmore in. I did not want NWM dropped. Can’t you see what Ratten is doing? Whatever gains we have made this year he is slowly throwing them away by being egotistical and power drunk and picking his favourites who have failed multiple times in the past FFS!!!

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

SunnyErnie wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 8:28pm Slowly but surely this ego maniac of a Ratten is removing all the gains we have made this year. He has taken Windhager and NWM out and he is slowly bringing in the same old players that have failed in the past. With a bit of luck Saturday will be Ratt's last game before Clarko takes over!!!
NWM is being rested, which was on the cards because the good teams do manage their young recruits so they don't burn out.
Clarkson won't be coaching us in 2 weeks, there's more chance of Godzilla appearing in Port Phillip Bay than that happening.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I see Geary is one of the emergencies. I think he'll be the sub as he can play as a defender or lock down forward if need be so gives a bit of a versatility to the team.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
SunnyErnie
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 10:49pm I see Geary is one of the emergencies. I think he'll be the sub as he can play as a defender or lock down forward if need be so gives a bit of a versatility to the team.
If he ends up being the medical substitute then the whole selection committee should be sacked

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Good to see common sense prevails with Windhager and NWM having a spell. Now is the time, you wouldn't race your promising young racehorses every week just to see your colours go around and jeopardise their future. Same principle applies here. Billings is a big in. Sharman, should he make the cut, obviously showed a glimpse of form for Sandy last week and provides the tall marking forward option we will need against the moggies.

Saint supporter since '62
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 9:21pm
cwrcyn wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 8:00pm Sharman keeps the opposition's intercept marking defender honest. We could have used him last week. King would not have been mauled as much as he was if Sharman was there to distract other tall defenders. He's a natural forward.
King would not have been mauled as much if he'd have used those alleged "Winx" legs.
He's been revealed as NOT being Winx.
More like 'Fine Cotton'.
Take the #12 off him until he learns to kick accurately.
Take pressure off him.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

SunnyErnie wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 10:57pm
Jacks Back wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 10:49pm I see Geary is one of the emergencies. I think he'll be the sub as he can play as a defender or lock down forward if need be so gives a bit of a versatility to the team.
If he ends up being the medical substitute then the whole selection committee should be sacked
Only sacked? Last week you wanted them shot!

Saint supporter since '62
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Review looks serious

Do they realise the Cats have beaten us 9 out of the last ten times AT Marvel????

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 10:35pm
NWM is being rested, which was on the cards because the good teams do manage their young recruits so they don't burn out.
Clarkson won't be coaching us in 2 weeks, there's more chance of Godzilla appearing in Port Phillip Bay than that happening.
So your telling me there's a chance !

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Haven't you been screaming for Sharman??? Seriously, just leave! You are only here to cause angst & issues. Times up.
Really had enough of this bloke.
Can we have a vote?

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
takeaway
Club Player

Banger9798 wrote: Fri 13 May 2022 4:00am
Really had enough of this bloke.
Can we have a vote?
Come on people! You all know the best game plan! Just don't engage with the poster.
Is just sprouting rubbish so easy to ignore and move on.
Will take a disciplined team effort but can be done.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more aggression at the contest from the forwards tomorrow- they have played soft for a couple of weeks.

older saint
SS Life Member

Like the changes from afar.

Also unlike the Grant Thomas era where we ended up with Ball and Maguire with OP due to overwork we are being sensible with the new players. I think NWM will be even better when he returns next week as really starting to get used to the pace of the game.

Pressure on : Long, Paton this week with Clarke likely back after a second Sandy game. Geary, Lienert & Byrnes in the wings ready to go also - all of which is a good thing

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Humter’s last name is spelt Clark

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I wanted Highmore, Sharman, Billings in but I really wanted NWM to stay....

1) Super class. Geelong don't know him.

2) It maybe our last opportunity to make the 8.

3) Great experience for him.

4) Rest him for Adelaide.

Now I temper my attitude based on...

1) You lot seem to think Webster is better than Highmore, offers more.

2) We dont want NWM to burn out and get OP.

I really don't feel those things, but just sayin.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The young ones need to be managed to prevent longer term issues like op or shin splints or back and spine problems

I wouldn’t mind if the coaches rested King for a couple of games a year for the same reason. We want him fresh at the pointy end of the year in September and we want him to be fit for the next 10 years - not just next round

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 13 May 2022 10:47am The young ones need to be managed to prevent longer term issues like op or shin splints or back and spine problems

I wouldn’t mind if the coaches rested King for a couple of games a year for the same reason. We want him fresh at the pointy end of the year in September and we want him to be fit for the next 10 years - not just next round
There might not be a pointy end for us.
We need to be different this time.

We still have a lot of mediocrity in this team. I haven't got a clue about NWMs body condition. But looking at the fixture, there has never been a better time for us to win a game.

And against Geelong.

I really worry about the departmentalisation within clubs nowadayts. Do the fitness team even look at the ladder? When you are driving that Morris Minor up the hill, you change gears, you don't worry about resting second gear! A hill is in front of you and you can't afford to stop and reverse up it.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

One small thing to consider there shano….Humans are not machines. Plus… even machines need care and routine shut downs for maintenance

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 13 May 2022 10:59am
Scollop wrote: Fri 13 May 2022 10:47am The young ones need to be managed to prevent longer term issues like op or shin splints or back and spine problems

There might not be a pointy end for us.
We need to be different this time.

We still have a lot of mediocrity in this team. I haven't got a clue about NWMs body condition. But looking at the fixture, there has never been a better time for us to win a game.

And against Geelong.

I really worry about the departmentalisation within clubs nowadayts. Do the fitness team even look at the ladder? When you are driving that Morris Minor up the hill, you change gears, you don't worry about resting second gear! A hill is in front of you and you can't afford to stop and reverse up it.

Look I love the potential of NWM too, and he is most likely to become a long term very good player for us.

But right here and now Billings can do more to help us a win a game than NWM can.

And make no mistake this game is a CRITICAL game for us. We have a very tough run home. With 14 games left 8/9 are against teams that could make the 8.

Win it and it should really help to restore our momentum, and set us up to play finals this year. Perhaps even enough momentum to maybe, just maybe, sneak into the top 4.

Lose it, and we could teeter.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 13 May 2022 11:07am One small thing to consider there shano….Humans are not machines. Plus… even machines need care and routine shut downs for maintenance
Yes, appreciate that.

But just saying..

I sure hope we bring something new and shocking to Geelong.

Those losses last year - two times - boh unique and painful in different ways...

First game:

We brought intensity and just kicked away the game. Atrocious kicking for goal.

What's gonna change about that. Based on this year, nothing!

Second game,
Didn't we get up 32 to nil at one point?
And then....WTF happened?

Now what is gonna change this time?

Corey Enwright's know how ?

I hope our coaches are ready!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Here’s a bit of light relief. Just saw this on Twitter

Last edited by Scollop on Fri 13 May 2022 11:57am, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 10:57pm
:roll: