Any training reports?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Any training reports?

I believe our main training session was today and was wondering if anyone made it down?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Any training reports?

F…….n freezing

saynta
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Wed 08 Jun 2022 4:40pm F…….n freezing
:wink:

You should be where I am.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Queensland has been unusually cold in the last two weeks, until I flew into Melbourne on Sunday.
Freeze the "you know whats" of this guy!
Going back on Saturday!

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Think there’ll be one change. Whether it’s a forced change or not will depend on how one of our players pulls up.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

tony74 wrote: Wed 08 Jun 2022 5:36pm Think there’ll be one change. Whether it’s a forced change or not will depend on how one of our players pulls up.
Tim Fernando on twitter, who usually goes to training, says these 2 were in white tops- he says it denotes Zebs
- Clark
-Owens

That's all he said, he doesn't say much in his tweets
Last edited by WellardSaint on Wed 08 Jun 2022 8:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Hard to break into the side…great problem to have

I reckon Clark for Paton or Windy is one that could be assessed on form.

Billings for ? Not sure maybe another week in the twos

Higgins for Sharman? Sharman adds the height that seemed to really help as a foil for king. Higgins hasn’t played for a month…maybe a run in the twos to assess fitness?

#1 Ryder fan
chook23
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Wed 08 Jun 2022 5:36pm Think there’ll be one change. Whether it’s a forced change or not will depend on how one of our players pulls up.
Is it Hill tony74?

Limped off late against North

saint4life
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

On BF they are suggesting Butler's achilles has flared again?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Just watched Ratts on Fox. Seens contract extension is a given and we have a very happy coach and a tight group of players, a lot of who were wearing white.
NWM, Owens , Billings, Windy and Paton amongst a number of others, so that Fernando is full of Bull.

Steele was running laps and Hanners was all smiles.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 08 Jun 2022 7:42pm On BF they are suggesting Butler's achilles has flared again?
I think that was a comment by an uninformed poster who wasn’t aware that Butler had played VFL last week.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 08 Jun 2022 8:28pm Just watched Ratts on Fox. Seens contract extension is a given and we have a very happy coach and a tight group of players, a lot of who were wearing white.
NWM, Owens , Billings, Windy and Paton amongst a number of others, so that Fernando is full of Bull.

No wonder he was smiling
apparently body should be fine for 2032 lawn bowls season!

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 08 Jun 2022 8:28pm Just watched Ratts on Fox. Seens contract extension is a given and we have a very happy coach and a tight group of players, a lot of who were wearing white.

Can you hear the Bull Fernando?

Saintmike65
Club Player

Despite very cold conditions, the players trained with great intent and enthusiasm..something that has been a constant theme that began from pre season.
Interestingly, Butler was in black, suggesting he will come in.
Windhager, Owens, NWM, Billings, Sharman, Higgins & Clark all in White..so hard to say whether they’ll be any more changes.
In match sim, Ross nailed a long running goal similar to the one he kicked against North, much to his, and his teammates delight.
One passage of play NWM gave a lovely weighted pass to a leading Kent, who promptly swung around, shanked it, kicked straight to the opposition!!
Clark, to me looks a bit off the pace so doubt he’ll come in.
Jack Hayes seems in good spirits, doing a lot of swimming, Steely apparently hoping to be back for the Sydney game.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 10:23am Interestingly, Butler was in black, suggesting he will come in.
Well that might mean only one change. If that's so, then Butler is the logical choice to come in, most likely for Sharman.

Of course, if posters on SS are aware of the black shirt/white shirt thing, then so will spies from other clubs. Therefore, sooner or later one might expect the Saints to mix it up a bit as a deception. So who really knows?

The In the Mix column on saints.com.au lists Higgins, Billings, Butler and Clark and also sugsests that Lienert, Highmore and Byrnes are close. Which therefore means that just about every reasonable player who isn't injured got a mention (Geary is injured). So that doesn't help clarify things either.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 9:54am

Can you hear the Bull Fernando?
At least you caught on. :wink:

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 10:23am Despite very cold conditions, the players trained with great intent and enthusiasm..something that has been a constant theme that began from pre season.
Interestingly, Butler was in black, suggesting he will come in.
Windhager, Owens, NWM, Billings, Sharman, Higgins & Clark all in White..so hard to say whether they’ll be any more changes.
In match sim, Ross nailed a long running goal similar to the one he kicked against North, much to his, and his teammates delight.
One passage of play NWM gave a lovely weighted pass to a leading Kent, who promptly swung around, shanked it, kicked straight to the opposition!!
Clark, to me looks a bit off the pace so doubt he’ll come in.
Jack Hayes seems in good spirits, doing a lot of swimming, Steely apparently hoping to be back for the Sydney game.
I think they try to keep the numbers even for drills. So if there's 36 training, 18 in black and 18 in white. Blacks definitely in and some of the whites also in. That's my theory anyway.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I went back to Twitter, I now realise that Fernando didn't go to training, he saw pics on the club's insta feed.
I did say he doesn't say much, but Clark and Owens were in white, so he wasn't wrong 🤷‍♂️

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 4:23pm

I went back to Twitter, I now realise that Fernando didn't go to training, he saw pics on the club's insta feed.
I did say he doesn't say much, but Clark and Owens were in white, so he wasn't wrong 🤷‍♂️
I still think he was. Owens and Paton were both in white and both named in Saturday's team.