Gotta luv the Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gotta luv the Blues

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 11:56pm Did anyone feel for Newnes in the last 3 minutes tonight? Dropped a relieving mark and despite being all over the Melbourne small forward in the final scoring play still had the winning goal kicked on him.
I did, a little bit.
I think all those credits he had in the bank he had for that magnificent after-the-siren goal from the boundary/F50 arc intersection have been melted in the anger smelter.

He had a poor game, and dropping the mark followed by what fans perceive as a lame attempt tackle resulting in the ball popping out to whatshisname …

He’ll probably be dropped for the Collingwood game, finish the season on a whimper as Carlton slip out of the finals in spectacular fashion, ruining the Voss fairytale and perpetuating their misery this century!!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

If you’re feeling bad atm. Have a thought for hawk fans. Q3 rich 113. Hawks 39.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Carlton are better now than at any time in the last 20 years. They played an almost perfect game against an extremely talented team. They'll be regular final 8 members sooner than us.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 4:15pm Carlton are better now than at any time in the last 20 years.
+1

Gotta say that I’m happy seeing Carlton fail to make finals after being in the top 8 ALL YEAR :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

But…Remember when everyone was laughing at the Tigers for their perennial finishes in 9th place?

It stands to reason that you have your best learnings from losses. The hurt and the pain and resilience that builds from these sorts of experiences usually means that teams go in subsequent years to go a step better

I just had a scary thought

Let’s Hope they don’t go on to win 3 flags

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 9:23am Whether you like Carlton or not, the disappointing fact is they have also well and truly surpassed our club. Their list is better, they are closer to having a crack at the top 4 than what St Kilda are and they don't have a dud like Lethlean sending their club backwards with idiotic decisions.
They finished above us for the first time in 8 years and beaten us twice in the last nine meetings. I can’t see how they have gone well and truly past us.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintkid
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 22 Aug 2022 10:59pm
saintkid wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 9:23am Whether you like Carlton or not, the disappointing fact is they have also well and truly surpassed our club. Their list is better, they are closer to having a crack at the top 4 than what St Kilda are and they don't have a dud like Lethlean sending their club backwards with idiotic decisions.
They finished above us for the first time in 8 years and beaten us twice in the last nine meetings. I can’t see how they have gone well and truly past us.
It's the way they finished and performed this year that matters. Right now their list is clearly better. With the retirement of Ryder, we have another void to fill and it's a decent one. A mature aged Ryder was the main reason we won some of more celebrated wins, including the 2020 Elimination Final against the Dogs.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The way they finished this year?
4-8

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 4:15pm Carlton are better now than at any time in the last 20 years. They played an almost perfect game against an extremely talented team. They'll be regular final 8 members sooner than us.
I wager over a few quiet reds and scotches more than a couple of the Carlton Board are privately expressing some concern about Coach Voss.

The sound you hear is the clock just starting to tick for him. I mean with Curnow and McKay, Weitering, a star studded mid field, the MRC in your pocket and Newnes on a wing how could you fluff your lines so badly. And those close losses, the man is a Jonah I tell you, couldn't hold on to a lead with super glue.........