Ross Lyon a huge get

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sks023
Club Player

Re: Ross Lyon a huge get

saynta wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 10:41am
Teflon wrote: Sun 16 Oct 2022 8:18pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 16 Oct 2022 7:28pm YEP!! Lets get the coach that was SOUNDLY OUTCOACHED in THREE Grand finals (four if you count the draw) This bloke took a squad that included: Ball, Goddard, Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Riewoldt, Kositzche, Milne, Gardner to the "big dance" to be beaten! Same story with Freo! Sandilands, Pavlich and Co beaten!

I wouldnt have this turd within a bulls roar of the club!!!
Spoken like an emotional train wreck
But you’d have the other imbecile back that rent a quotes us in the media weekly and had a better list at his disposal and couldn’t even get us to a GF????
Great logic there..
One of the Lyin cult. :P :roll: :roll:
Mass Hypnosis

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
Sanctorum
Club Player

My final words on this subject, as politicians like to say: "let me make this clear": for all of my misgivings about Ross Lyon landing the senior coaching role at St Kilda, I will back the club's decision and hope like hell that Teflon and others are right in their fervent belief that he is the right man for the job, and if Lyon does in fact succeed beyond my expectations I'll gladly give him due credit.

The one thing that makes me really pleased and gives me great confidence about whatever the club decides, is the presence of Geoff Walsh as Football Supremo. No matter who becomes the next senior coach, he will have to answer to Walsh, and I doubt he will ever tolerate overly defensive game plans for which Ross Lyon was renowned in the past.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 11:04am My final words on this subject, as politicians like to say: "let me make this clear": for all of my misgivings about Ross Lyon landing the senior coaching role at St Kilda, I will back the club's decision and hope like hell that Teflon and others are right in their fervent belief that he is the right man for the job, and if Lyon does in fact succeed beyond my expectations I'll gladly give him due credit.

The one thing that makes me really pleased and gives me great confidence about whatever the club decides, is the presence of Geoff Walsh as Football Supremo. No matter who becomes the next senior coach, he will have to answer to Walsh, and I doubt he will ever tolerate overly defensive game plans for which Ross Lyon was renowned in the past.
A sensible and pragmatic post Colleague, well said. I renewed my membership just two weeks ago, I did it in the full knowledge of just how crazy and volatile things can get at the St Kilda footy club! The decision to renew was taken without conditions attached ("Who will be the senior coach" "Will we make finals" etc etc etc) a year or so back, I threw a bit of a wobbler at some decision or other that this administration had taken, threatening to take my bat and ball home :roll: With the benefit of time I've come to realise that ultimately its about the CLUB as a part of ones life that matters, its about sticking with the club ....often DESPITE "the club" :lol:

I have strong feelings about the folly of appointing someone like Lyon given his past history, that's just my opinion, and like everyone else here I'm entitled to it. However, should the board appoint Ross Lyon to the position, I will continue to do on matchday what I've done for the past 23 years of my membership, and that is to GET BEHIND MY SIDE! (WHOEVER the coach is)..... and while I'm at it.... I'm at a total loss to see how or where I've been lobbying for some (quote) "imbecile" to get the gig :? :? :?
Last edited by thejiggingsaint on Mon 17 Oct 2022 11:22am, edited 1 time in total.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 16 Oct 2022 7:28pm YEP!! Lets get the coach that was SOUNDLY OUTCOACHED in THREE Grand finals (four if you count the draw) This bloke took a squad that included: Ball, Goddard, Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Riewoldt, Kositzche, Milne, Gardner to the "big dance" to be beaten! Same story with Freo! Sandilands, Pavlich and Co beaten!

Poor post

2009 we were dominant on the field everywhere. Poor finishing let us down
2010 worked our asses off several times to get back into that match. The replay was always going to be a blow out for one team or the other

2013 Freo kicked themselves out of it in the first half, but lo and behold stormed back in the second half. And they had a much less talented 22 than Hawthorn that day

What would you like Ross to have done with the poor kicking? He's not the bloke lining up for goal or kicking it on the run is he?

Seriously.......

sks023
Club Player

TimeToShineFellas wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 11:21am

Poor post

2010 worked our asses off several times to get back into that match. The replay was always going to be a blow out for one team or the other

2013 Freo kicked themselves out of it in the first half, but lo and behold stormed back in the second half. And they had a much less talented 22 than Hawthorn that day

What would you like Ross to have done with the poor kicking? He's not the bloke lining up for goal or kicking it on the run is he?

Seriously.......
Benching Luke Ball in 2OO9 was a Lyon masster stroke

Moves him on in 2010 because he thought he was to slow

I will support whomever the coach is but Lyon f uped benching Ball in 2009 and cost us a flag imho

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sks023 wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 11:30am

Poor post

Seriously.......

I will support whomever the coach is but Lyon f uped benching Ball in 2009 and cost us a flag imho

Ball was slow and was one of Collingwoods worse players in 2010 GF

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 11:41am

Poor post

Seriously.......

But one of our best in the first half of the 2009 GF, where the conditions suited him.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
sks023
Club Player

Poor post

Seriously.......

15 kicks , 10 hballs , 25 disposals , 7 marks , 4 tackles , fith highest possesion getter for the pies

How exactly was this a bad game ?
Last edited by sks023 on Mon 17 Oct 2022 12:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sks023 wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 12:01pm

Poor post

Seriously.......

K HB D M G B T HO GA I50 CL CG R50 FF FA

15 10 25 7 0 0 4 0 0 4 7 2 2 1 0

The drawn GF he spent the first half tailing Lenny Hayes then moved to Goddard in the second half. Was smashed.

sks023
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 12:20pm

Poor post

Seriously.......

The drawn GF he spent the first half tailing Lenny Hayes then moved to Goddard in the second half. Was smashed.
And in the replay :roll:

sks023
Club Player

Poor post

Seriously.......

Poor coaching by Malthouse
Lenny was a beast that day

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sks023 wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 12:22pm

Poor post

Seriously.......

And in the replay :roll:
They won by 10 goals was no where early.

sks023
Club Player

Ok Curly! Luke ball was a s*** hopeless player
Best and Fairest and All Aussie in 2005

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sks023 wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 12:36pm Ok Curly! Luke ball was a s*** hopeless player
Best and Fairest and All Aussie in 2005
He was very good but injuries mean't he was reduced to a GOP.

The AFL then allowed him to draft tamper to get to Collingwood.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I love people who try and convince themselves of things, in order to believe the club isn’t as big a screw up as it actually has been

Really, they should face facts, and instead of defending the indefensible!!!

Ball was out of favour- no doubt

He definitely still had plenty to offer. The fact that a 25yo Best & Fairest and former captain left the club was ridiculous!
The fact we got zero for him was ridiculous
The fact he was hardly played in the second half of the 09 GF was ridiculous

I’m a Ross Lyon fan - he just makes sense
But
That was huge, and obvious mistake

Luke was very good in the GF replay - probably better than any of our mids!

sks023
Club Player

I thought it was bad coaching not giving Ball the minutes in 2009 and you beg to differ ....Matter of opion

I support whomever is our next coach but Lyon is not my preference

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Poor post

Seriously.......

Speaking of blind hypnosis..,
Another Herald Sun opinion!
Lyon and Luke Ball didn’t cost us the GF FFS in 09
Player execution cost us that game
Go back and watch the chances we blew first half ffs
Oh and Lyon at least got us there which a good coach should do …so he did it again at Freo
I don’t care if he coaches us or not I agree with those who question: can his style evolve?? THATS a question I’d hope this Board ask
But lazy half arsed “Lyon didn’t put Ball on” as if that turned tide drivel is rubbish
It’s just typical Stinger/Saynta low level analysis

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

sks023 wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 12:47pm I thought it was bad coaching not giving Ball the minutes in 2009 and you beg to differ ....Matter of opion

Do tell oh Robbo who is your preference who has better credentials and is available right now???

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Poor post

Seriously.......

Did Lyon move Ball on did he?
Did Luke have a contract offer from Saints??
Or did Luke go for some $$ and sook it up??
Let’s not let the facts get in the way hey !

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Poor post

Seriously.......
Excellent post.
Facts over opinion

“Yeah….nah””
sks023
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 6:15pm
sks023 wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 12:47pm I thought it was bad coaching not giving Ball the minutes in 2009 and you beg to differ ....Matter of opion

Do tell oh Robbo who is your preference who has better credentials and is available right now???
[/qu
What's your problem mate !
I will support the coach as I have done with all previous coaches

No need to be aggressive

sks023
Club Player

[/qu

No need to be aggressive

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

sks023 wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 7:54pm

[/qu

No need to be aggressive
I do apologise for coming off aggressive - it’s Ross, brings out the beast in me.
I am an aggressive woman!

“Yeah….nah””
sks023
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 9:10pm
sks023 wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 7:54pm

[/qu

No need to be aggressive
I do apologise for coming off aggressive - it’s Ross, brings out the beast in me.
I am an aggressive woman!

No worries :D

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 17 Oct 2022 12:43pm I love people who try and convince themselves of things, in order to believe the club isn’t as big a screw up as it actually has been

Really, they should face facts, and instead of defending the indefensible!!!

Ball was out of favour- no doubt

He definitely still had plenty to offer. The fact that a 25yo Best & Fairest and former captain left the club was ridiculous!
The fact we got zero for him was ridiculous
The fact he was hardly played in the second half of the 09 GF was ridiculous

I’m a Ross Lyon fan - he just makes sense
But
That was huge, and obvious mistake

Luke was very good in the GF replay - probably better than any of our mids!
This