The Review .

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Review .

its all about the size of your nose , in blokes world

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 17 Nov 2022 10:27pm
The Fireman wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 11:55am Being whacked or belittled by a keyboard warrior is tantamount to being thrashed with an ostrich plume
I blow my nose in your general direction
I think there’s a few keyboard warriors on here who whack off regularly but that’s a different type of abuse..
Speaking from experience?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sun 13 Nov 2022 5:29pm But on the subject of the review ... I'm encouraged (and a little gobsmacked) that Bassatt seems to have listened to the fans.

Maybe he even ventures into the dark bowels of Sainstsational?

In any case, switching the focus back to footy, bringing in a tough-love coach and injecting some Saints heroes into the coaching mix are all things a lot of us have been begging for. I reckon congratulations are in order.
Footy is what occurs on the field. This was more like a political coup to overthrow the incumbents.

I reckon you're spot on about Bassat listening to the fans. We all know who these 'fans'' are.

They're not the bogans or the general supporter base.

They are fans who wield influence. I hope they exert as much pressure on Lyon as they did on Ratten

They're a select group who believe they know better than everyone else working full time at the club that they have all the solutions

We were bombarded by these powerful fans from mid year onwards this year once we started losing a few games. They openly talked about changing the coach, even after he was resigned in June.

We'd heard those same fans with their radical views from late 2021 and they don't easily give in.

Instead of the focus being about the players and forensically reviewing our football, the club has embarrassed itself by totally stripping back everything that was built on in the last 3 years

Our recruitment and talent acquisition is going to be the key to St Kilda playing finals again

I have watched countless games in the last 3 months and the theme in most of our losses was that we weren't far off.

We were inefficient going inside 50 (we got it in enough but couldn't convert); we kicked poorly in general play and with our set shots; we lacked a key tall down back at times; we lacked a classy mid at times and we generally had poor skills.

The team didn't lack determination or commitment or motivation

The decision to sack Ratts was wrong.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 18 Nov 2022 11:46am
Teflon wrote: Thu 17 Nov 2022 10:27pm
The Fireman wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 11:55am Being whacked or belittled by a keyboard warrior is tantamount to being thrashed with an ostrich plume
I blow my nose in your general direction
I think there’s a few keyboard warriors on here who whack off regularly but that’s a different type of abuse..
Speaking from experience?
I learnt from the master
Stinger/Saynta or whatever it changes its name to next in a sad attempt to hide Shyte posting …
Whack away sad little old man

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 18 Nov 2022 8:45pm
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sun 13 Nov 2022 5:29pm But on the subject of the review ... I'm encouraged (and a little gobsmacked) that Bassatt seems to have listened to the fans.

In any case, switching the focus back to footy, bringing in a tough-love coach and injecting some Saints heroes into the coaching mix are all things a lot of us have been begging for. I reckon congratulations are in order.
Footy is what occurs on the field. This was more like a political coup to overthrow the incumbents.

I reckon you're spot on about Bassat listening to the fans. We all know who these 'fans'' are.

They are fans who wield influence. I hope they exert as much pressure on Lyon as they did on Ratten

They're a select group who believe they know better than everyone else working full time at the club that they have all the solutions

We were bombarded by these powerful fans from mid year onwards this year once we started losing a few games. They openly talked about changing the coach, even after he was resigned in June.

We'd heard those same fans with their radical views from late 2021 and they don't easily give in.

Instead of the focus being about the players and forensically reviewing our football, the club has embarrassed itself by totally stripping back everything that was built on in the last 3 years

Our recruitment and talent acquisition is going to be the key to St Kilda playing finals again

I have watched countless games in the last 3 months and the theme in most of our losses was that we weren't far off.

We were inefficient going inside 50 (we got it in enough but couldn't convert); we kicked poorly in general play and with our set shots; we lacked a key tall down back at times; we lacked a classy mid at times and we generally had poor skills.

This is probably the worst drivel I’ve read on here in..at least a week (I did read a Saynta post last week that has to be no 1)

We weren’t that far off????

Bottom four last half year key stats/indicators losing games easily to lowly Bombers …
Not far off ????
You make up rubbish

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 10:12am

This is probably the worst drivel I’ve read on here in..at least a week (I did read a Saynta post last week that has to be no 1)

Bottom four last half year key stats/indicators losing games easily to lowly Bombers …
Not far off ????
You make up rubbish
You obviously don't read your own posts most of which are fawning, sick making attempts at hero worshiping.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon can talk drivel better than anyone.

Do you actually watch games of football or understand the make up of each team? They have some decent players in that Essendon squad.

The bombers beat the Swans in round 16, and the Lions in round 17. They should have beaten Collingwood in round 19 but the Pies stormed home to win by 4 points.

Essendon played good footy against top 4 teams who were building momentum late in the year. You don’t beat the team playing off in the grand final and beat other teams who go on to play in preliminary finals if you don’t have the talent on your list

As far as our team is concerned, we were a game or two off playing finals. We missed mainly due to injuries to key players. Ryder, Clark, Gresham, Steele, and McKenzie were out for large chunks of games and even Dougal Howard was injured late in the year. We just didn’t have the talent to replace these guys. Simples!!

We had games against Freo and against the Brisbane Lions which were both at home and in both games Ratts prepared our teams well. We had momentum which we lost due to poor kicking for goal and poor skills. You should watch the Freo match from round 17. It was amatch where we dominated possession in the first half and they dominated in the last half

You’re the one who keeps banging on about missed opportunities by players. We should have been 5-6 up by half time against Freo. Our skills in this game showed why we are a middle tier team. We dominated contested footy, uncontested footy, inside 50’s, clearances and tackle numbers and yet we went into the long break with only a 1 goal advantage.

I remember in the game day thread for this Freo match at Marvel you were criticising Ratten for not countering the influence of Fyfe in the second half. Fyfe had been absent up until he did a few nice things in the latter part of the third quarter. By that stage the horse had bolted. Freo were already 3 goals up and had taken away our advantage. They had the momentum and created a five goal lead going into the last break.

Our skills and set shots at goal also let us down in the match against Brisbane. We need to recruit more elite young talent. We need to ensure that we develop and improve the existing talent on the list. Changing the coaches is not the solution to improving the list. Simples!!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

yep

fair footy comments mr mollusc
('n a good read)

what i'm finding interesting
is how this board
has the subtle 'feel'

of the gt sacking period

except
i was on the other 'side'
back then

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 10:51am Teflon can talk drivel better than anyone.

Spot on mate, spot on. :wink:
Last edited by saynta on Sat 19 Nov 2022 12:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Should now refer to the "review" as the "Illusion"...the players, the leadership group and not even the Captain were included so please the official terminology is "THE ILLUSION"

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Illusions of a reluctant Messiah

Richard Bach

saynta
Saintsational Legend

:x
Vortex wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 12:21pm Should now refer to the "review" as the "Illusion"...the players, the leadership group and not even the Captain were included so please the official terminology is "THE ILLUSION"
Bit of a worry when the captain and probably the rest of the players were blindsided and never consulted.

For once I agree with you.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

same lad who wrote
Johnathon Livingston Seagull

see avatar above

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 12:23pm :x
Vortex wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 12:21pm Should now refer to the "review" as the "Illusion"...the players, the leadership group and not even the Captain were included so please the official terminology is "THE ILLUSION"
Bit of a worry when the captain and probably the rest of the players were blindsided and never consulted.

Review, noun: a formal assessment of something with the intention of instituting change if necessary.
Not a trial, not a Royal Commission, a review. Methodology up to executive and reviewers, not onlookers.

Players gave their most telling input to the review by going 3 for 11 post bye. Sure, nothing to see here. Of course most of the players loved Ratts. But that didn't win games.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 10:51am Teflon can talk drivel better than anyone.

Do you actually watch games of football or understand the make up of each team? They have some decent players in that Essendon squad.

The bombers beat the Swans in round 16, and the Lions in round 17. They should have beaten Collingwood in round 19 but the Pies stormed home to win by 4 points.

Essendon played good footy against top 4 teams who were building momentum late in the year. You don’t beat the team playing off in the grand final and beat other teams who go on to play in preliminary finals if you don’t have the talent on your list

As far as our team is concerned, we were a game or two off playing finals. We missed mainly due to injuries to key players. Ryder, Clark, Gresham, Steele, and McKenzie were out for large chunks of games and even Dougal Howard was injured late in the year. We just didn’t have the talent to replace these guys. Simples!!

We had games against Freo and against the Brisbane Lions which were both at home and in both games Ratts prepared our teams well. We had momentum which we lost due to poor kicking for goal and poor skills. You should watch the Freo match from round 17. It was amatch where we dominated possession in the first half and they dominated in the last half

You’re the one who keeps banging on about missed opportunities by players. We should have been 5-6 up by half time against Freo. Our skills in this game showed why we are a middle tier team. We dominated contested footy, uncontested footy, inside 50’s, clearances and tackle numbers and yet we went into the long break with only a 1 goal advantage.

I remember in the game day thread for this Freo match at Marvel you were criticising Ratten for not countering the influence of Fyfe in the second half. Fyfe had been absent up until he did a few nice things in the latter part of the third quarter. By that stage the horse had bolted. Freo were already 3 goals up and had taken away our advantage. They had the momentum and created a five goal lead going into the last break.

Our skills and set shots at goal also let us down in the match against Brisbane. We need to recruit more elite young talent. We need to ensure that we develop and improve the existing talent on the list. Changing the coaches is not the solution to improving the list. Simples!!
And what do ex-coaches Rutten and Ratten now have in common, beside similar surnames and under performing squads.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 1:02pm

Review, noun: a formal assessment of something with the intention of instituting change if necessary.
Not a trial, not a Royal Commission, a review. Methodology up to executive and reviewers, not onlookers.

Players gave their most telling input to the review by going 3 for 11 post bye. Sure, nothing to see here. Of course most of the players loved Ratts. But that didn't win games.
Sounds like the type of review Xi Ping would run...are you a communist.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 1:06pm

And what do ex-coaches Rutten and Ratten now have in common, beside similar surnames and under performing squads.
That's easy

A: they were both white anted and plotted against for over 12 months

B: their boards and football directors have been incompetent for a considerable while and nothing indicates that will change anytime soon

I know what you were thinking :mrgreen: 8-)

You might also have an answer that is correct and I'm sure if someone else is creative enough there might be another answer we both haven't thought of

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 1:13pm

That's easy

B: their boards and football directors have been incompetent for a considerable while and nothing indicates that will change anytime soon

You might also have an answer that is correct and I'm sure if someone else is creative enough there might be another answer we both haven't thought of
C: the administrators purchse their magic wands from the same costume shop ?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 10:22am
Teflon wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 10:12am

Not far off ????
You make up rubbish
You obviously don't read your own posts most of which are fawning, sick making attempts at hero worshiping.
There’s a difference between hero worship and being stupid and not seeing what the club has done is in the best interest of the club
I appreciate some are too stupid to get the nuance
But try not fall into your usual, stubborn, daft thinking for one moment abd get with the program
I’ll look for your positivity when we start to win
I expect the negativity if we lose a few cause that’s ure type
Lazy, short sighted, negative

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

More nonsense more drivel
I was at the Freo game - were you??????
I, like everyone at the ground, knew at some point Fyfe would go to the middle….what did Brett do????? Sweet FA
Why????
Cause Brett hadn’t even anticipated the most obvious move that turned the game
Injuries????? There were far worse sides (see Carlton) missing higher quality players than DMac …you’ll need to do better than that
Stop sprouting garbage
Most footy pundits know IF we were serious we beat Essendon
Again, woefully under prepared and out coached
As Lyon said recently….great to have pressure game (all Brett had) but when that drops away you need plan B,C
Ratten was out of his depth ut just took us too long to work it out

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 1:02pm

Great post
Want to influence reviews Jack??? Lead your team to perform onfield when it matters
Leave the back of house cobbling to the cobblers
Simples!

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 1:13pm

That's easy

Yes …yes…. Now Rutten along with Rattens under performing as coaches is all because they’ve been white anted
Let me guess Lee Harvey????
Honestly the revisionist drivel is just sad
3-8 we were a laughingstock and “Brett was set up”
**** me thank god Riewoldt and co have a clue …

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 8:44pm

I, like everyone at the ground, knew at some point Fyfe would go to the middle….what did Brett do????? Sweet FA
Why????
Injuries????? There were far worse sides (see Carlton) missing higher quality players than DMac …you’ll need to do better than that
Stop sprouting garbage
As Lyon said recently….great to have pressure game (all Brett had) but when that drops away you need plan B,C
I know you were at the game but the real question is how long did you spend lining up for beers compared to watching the actual match?

Fyfe didn't turn the game. The replay is freely available.

Why don't you do your own personal review of an actual footy match instead of talking through your arse or parroting other people's opinions

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 10:10pm

Why????
Stop sprouting garbage
I know you were at the game but the real question is how long did you spend lining up for beers compared to watching the actual match?

Why don't you do your own personal review of an actual footy match instead of talking through your arse or parroting other people's opinions
I’d have to line up and have 10 beers to understand that Shyte dribbling down your chin you call “game analysis”
You thought that cr@p puff piece from Mark Duffield was “analysis” ….tells us all plenty
Perhaps just do us all a favour and spare us your cliched riddled dross and stop trying to masquerade as some sort of football intellect….
Oh and go watch the game again I suggest - Fyfe had a pivot impact when he went into the middle
But you knew that ….you were there weren’t you???

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022 10:10pm

Why????
Stop sprouting garbage

Oh and just in case you forget to re-watch the gane and dazzle us all with more of your “insight” below is how Fox Footy saw Fyfe’s performance….only a muppet would suggest otherwise….unless you weren’t there?????

FYFE BACK AT FULL TILT

With the Dockers out of sorts and getting demolished in the centre in the first half, Nat Fyfe had spent all his time forward and had just five touches.

In the second half, Fyfe sprung to life and his side did much the same in what could be a turning point for the dual Brownlow medallist’s return to AFL level.

He had 16 disposals in the second half and kicked a goal as he spent more time in the middle of the ground as he begins to work his way back to top form.

By the end of the match, Fyfe’s numbers looked somewhat similar to his games of yesteryear, with a goal assist, 10 score involvements and three goals.

If Fyfe manages to hit his peak as the Dockers enter September, look out.

“Yeah….nah””