Player sponsorship 2023

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Player sponsorship 2023

therabbitinthehat wrote: Thu 02 Mar 2023 9:10pm hmm, no response from Sin - so, we'll just use the first 3 powerball numbers from tonight (11,24,26)

The Winners are:
1. thefatdork
2. George27
3. Ghost Like
4. PADDLEPOP1001
5. Mr Magic
Hey Rabbit - were there only 35 people in the draw? I am confused.

If for instance someone had the random numbers between 36 and 100 how did they have a chance to win?

I would have gone for Australia or India's lead in the Test or something that had a possibility of reaching 100

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
thefatdork
Club Player

Thanks TRiTH -very happy to get the prize and will definitely go.
All the best.
TFD

therabbitinthehat
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 03 Mar 2023 7:58am Hey Rabbit - were there only 35 people in the draw? I am confused.

If for instance someone had the random numbers between 36 and 100 how did they have a chance to win?

I would have gone for Australia or India's lead in the Test or something that had a possibility of reaching 100
The way it works: every share is allocated a number between 1 and 100, the 3 random numbers I get are combined into a single number (in this case 61) which is then used as a random number 'seed' which pulls the random winners - the reason for the 'seed' is because unfortunately due to the way computers work it isn't actually possible to have a truly random number so this removes any possible bias. If you're interested, you can check out this link which has a very basic info about it

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

therabbitinthehat wrote: Sat 04 Mar 2023 1:36pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 03 Mar 2023 7:58am Hey Rabbit - were there only 35 people in the draw? I am confused.

The way it works: every share is allocated a number between 1 and 100, the 3 random numbers I get are combined into a single number (in this case 61) which is then used as a random number 'seed' which pulls the random winners - the reason for the 'seed' is because unfortunately due to the way computers work it isn't actually possible to have a truly random number so this removes any possible bias. If you're interested, you can check out this link which has a very basic info about it
Okay - cool - but is this going to be the way it is done going forward - as it was always interesting to know your winning event and to watch for it happening - if it just a seeded number it takes the interest away

And you listed 5 sponsors - are they all winners?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 04 Mar 2023 4:54pm
therabbitinthehat wrote: Sat 04 Mar 2023 1:36pm

Okay - cool - but is this going to be the way it is done going forward - as it was always interesting to know your winning event and to watch for it happening - if it just a seeded number it takes the interest away

:wink:

therabbitinthehat
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 04 Mar 2023 4:54pm Okay - cool - but is this going to be the way it is done going forward - as it was always interesting to know your winning event and to watch for it happening - if it just a seeded number it takes the interest away
That list of 5 winners is for this prize only - I generate 5 winners for each one so that if the first on the list can't make the event (or get the prize) then it goes to the next on the list and so on - we got to the 4th person on the 1st prize draw :)

edit: the reasoning behind listing the 5 is for transparency reasons - I really could just name the winner but figure this removes any doubt

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

therabbitinthehat wrote: Sat 04 Mar 2023 7:23pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 04 Mar 2023 4:54pm Okay - cool - but is this going to be the way it is done going forward - as it was always interesting to know your winning event and to watch for it happening - if it just a seeded number it takes the interest away
That list of 5 winners is for this prize only - I generate 5 winners for each one so that if the first on the list can't make the event (or get the prize) then it goes to the next on the list and so on - we got to the 4th person on the 1st prize draw :)

edit: the reasoning behind listing the 5 is for transparency reasons - I really could just name the winner but figure this removes any doubt
No Problems - happy to go along

I just also enjoyed knowing the event before hand - like the last year we needed a certain score to get a win in one of the events - so even though we may not be winning we knew that if we kicked say 79 points there was still something riding on it.

― Aristophanes

therabbitinthehat
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 05 Mar 2023 7:16am No Problems - happy to go along

I just also enjoyed knowing the event before hand - like the last year we needed a certain score to get a win in one of the events - so even though we may not be winning we knew that if we kicked say 79 points there was still something riding on it.
Now I'm lost? can you point me at one of these events so I can check it out?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

therabbitinthehat wrote: Sun 05 Mar 2023 4:09pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 05 Mar 2023 7:16am No Problems - happy to go along

Now I'm lost? can you point me at one of these events so I can check it out?
A quick look - here is one:
http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1725709

Regards
Sainter_Dad

― Aristophanes

therabbitinthehat
Club Player

ahh, thanks, I'll see if I can come up with something creative for the next prize then :)