Max King’s twin Ben

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Max King’s twin Ben

https://www.afl.com.au/news/880152/retu ... -road-back

I hope that link works. It’s worth a read, about Ben King’s
Road to recovery from his ACL injury. It’s on the AFL site.

A rather long read - but worth the effort to see the interesting rehab he was put through. I wonder if Saints are as innovative as GCS are in tailoring really challenging & innovative programs for their injured players.

Nothing in the piece about him wanting to get to Saints. I get the feeling he loves it at GCS. One piece in the article about how after a month at home after his operation he was looking forward to getting up to GCS and get into his rehab.
Also when you read who he shares a house with - Lukosius & Rowell, 2 long term signings committed to GCS, what impact will they have on his decision whether stay or go at end of year? They read like a bonded lot.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: Max King’s twin Ben

loris wrote: Tue 07 Mar 2023 3:17pm https://www.afl.com.au/news/880152/retu ... -road-back

A rather long read - but worth the effort to see the interesting rehab he was put through. I wonder if Saints are as innovative as GCS are in tailoring really challenging & innovative programs for their injured players.

Nothing in the piece about him wanting to get to Saints. I get the feeling he loves it at GCS. One piece in the article about how after a month at home after his operation he was looking forward to getting up to GCS and get into his rehab.
Also when you read who he shares a house with - Lukosius & Rowell, 2 long term signings committed to GCS, what impact will they have on his decision whether stay or go at end of year? They read like a bonded lot.
Much will depend on how the Suns go this year and the next, Loris, when Ben King's current contract expires. If the Suns play finals he'll stay, if they continue to malinger in the bottom 8 then I reckon he'll seek to leave. Not that he is a lay down misere to come to Moorabbin because he will be highly sought after by all of the top teams.

"Where there is no hope, it is incumbent on us to invent it.."

Albert Camus (1913-1960) French philospher
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Tue 07 Mar 2023 3:17pm https://www.afl.com.au/news/880152/retu ... -road-back

Got a business connection through a major sponsor Loris and I get as much intel from the GCS AFL and AFLW teams as I do from our own club and I can confirm he's pretty ensconced with the club and lifestyle on the coast. Things can change quickly but they look ready to push up into the 8 which will enamour the young fella even further you'd guess.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 08 Mar 2023 7:48pm

Got a business connection through a major sponsor Loris and I get as much intel from the GCS AFL and AFLW teams as I do from our own club and I can confirm he's pretty ensconced with the club and lifestyle on the coast. Things can change quickly but they look ready to push up into the 8 which will enamour the young fella even further you'd guess.
You've seen their preseason efforts, I assume.
The Major sponsor must have been excited about that 2nd half fade out against, err....who is that other team in Sydney?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

lot of melbourne people fled to the gc over the last two years. not many have turned around and gone back.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 08 Mar 2023 11:41pm

The Major sponsor must have been excited about that 2nd half fade out against, err....who is that other team in Sydney?
No I missed that one, fade out doesn't sound good. Who will finish higher, us or Gold Coast?

Saintmike65
Club Player

I’d like to see us develop our own gun players through the draft, which we’ve only just started doing.
The occasional free agent thrown in also makes sense.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 8:17am

No I missed that one, fade out doesn't sound good. Who will finish higher, us or Gold Coast?
Given that we need another 1 or 2 top 10 draft picks, and The GCS have spent their entire existence working out what to do with dozens of them, I'd hope for their sake, they finish above us.

But I'd suggest that if there is a less relevant club than the St.Kilda, it's the Gold Coast.

Is that major sponsor you know, the AFL or one of their lesser, more token sponsors, who funded infrastructure at the stadium and got free advertising and corporate handouts at games, no one watches or goes to?

Obviously, you've read the media endorsements on our list and a nose dive for draft picks shouldn't arouse any tanking suspicions.

Gold Coast might win 10. We probably won't.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 1:20pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 8:17am

Given that we need another 1 or 2 top 10 draft picks, and The GCS have spent their entire existence working out what to do with dozens of them, I'd hope for their sake, they finish above us.

But I'd suggest that if there is a less relevant club than the St.Kilda, it's the Gold Coast.

Is that major sponsor you know, the AFL or one of their lesser, more token sponsors, who funded infrastructure at the stadium and got free advertising and corporate handouts at games, no one watches or goes to?

Obviously, you've read the media endorsements on our list and a nose dive for draft picks shouldn't arouse any tanking suspicions.

Gold Coast might win 10. We probably won't.
Yeah you'd love the amount of first rounders they get for sure.